PDA

View Full Version : is my donnay pro 1 belgium and value please?

nickynu
03-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi I picked up a used Donnay Pro 1 and wondered if somebody could help

Its the supermidsize in the Bluey purple and red paintjob. probably 6.5 or 7 condition (no cracks just chips)

Im assuming it belgium but am not sure how to tell as there are no stickers on it.

The black butt-cap has a red D on it on a white background. Also it has the letters YDK on the buttcap.

It looks old and i cant see belgium written anywhere tho.

The bumper guard is weird as it completely encloses the strings so you cant see them when you look at the outside of the upper hoop

Anybody tell me what this is and an idea of value please? Thanks

ericsson
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi I picked up a used Donnay Pro 1 and wondered if somebody could help

Its the supermidsize in the Bluey purple and red paintjob. probably 6.5 or 7 condition (no cracks just chips)

Im assuming it belgium but am not sure how to tell as there are no stickers on it.

The black butt-cap has a red D on it on a white background. Also it has the letters YDK on the buttcap.

It looks old and i cant see belgium written anywhere tho.

The bumper guard is weird as it completely encloses the strings so you cant see them when you look at the outside of the upper hoop

Anybody tell me what this is and an idea of value please? Thanks

Hi Nick, yes certainly it's value! but it aint made in Belgium, you (probably) have the last serie pro one that Agassi endorsed and by that time they moved production to Taiwan, nonetheless excellent quality as what Donnay always stood for.
These sticks are rock solid.

ps: does it say limited edition?

nickynu
03-07-2009, 03:47 PM
hi, yeah it does say limited edition, is that significant? It plays great but its a little head heavy (perhaps its the strange bumper strip which encloses the strings)

I just picked it up for fun really for hitting occasionally.

jmjmkim
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
It would be a lot more valuable if it was used by a pro, especially if it was broken by him during match play.

nickynu
03-07-2009, 04:10 PM
It would be a lot more valuable if it was used by a pro, especially if it was broken by him during match play.

???????????????????????????

ericsson
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
hi, yeah it does say limited edition, is that significant? It plays great but its a little head heavy (perhaps its the strange bumper strip which encloses the strings)

I just picked it up for fun really for hitting occasionally.

Well the limited always stood for 100% graphite which had a stiffer feel, the international was softer due to the fiberglass.
BTW: the letters on the buttcap indicate that is made in Taiwan.

nickynu
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
hey thanks so much ericsson, thats great info thanks.

Yeah it doesnt feel flexy at all so that makes good sense. I did actually use the oversize version back in the day (Agassi wannabe-lol) and that was great too, but I couldnt imagine using an oversize now.

Thanks m8