PDA

View Full Version : Mardy Fish hard done by?

Cesc Fabregas
03-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Anyone else think Fish deserved his place ahead of Blake? Fish has been playing very well and should have played.

Dan007
03-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Yea I think so too but Fish is also very inconsistent. He may play great for a week and then play terribly for next 4 weeks. Blake is not the same player he was in 05-06.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
03-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Fish should, but he needs to retool that forehand to make a big jump.

oneguy21
03-07-2009, 09:28 AM
His forehand is a little crappier than usual. His forehand last year at Indian Wells was better than it is now.

Blade0324
03-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep I agree Fish should have been given the go ahead in stead of Blake. I like James and he is a good player he just takes too many unnecessary risks and when he doesn't make those shots, which he often doesn't, then he will lose almost every time.

bjk
03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
There really is no shot Blake won't try to rip for a winner. Guy needs a coach, somebody to tell him he needs to use his speed, make a guy like Wawrinka hit 15 shots to win a point on his serve.

bchamaki
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I think you guys are underestimating Mardy Fish he has a massive forehand. And its very consistent. Speaking of consistency he has been playing awsome so far in 09.

remember the slamming of DP in San Jose......

oneguy21
03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I think you guys are underestimating Mardy Fish he has a massive forehand. And its very consistent. Speaking of consistency he has been playing awsome so far in 09.

Massive? Seriously? It's a very weak shot.

tintin
03-07-2009, 10:22 AM

you cannot be serious?:roll:
"consistency" and Fish's forehand should not be in the same sentence:roll:
if Fish's forehand is "massive" then what about Federer's;Roddick's or the guy in your avy for that matter;or Tsonga's:roll:
Fish's forehand has somewhat improved but if you find one of these guys who keep on pounding on it;the shot will just go off :lol:

1st Seed
03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Agreed Marty should be there.Playing the best he ever has.Must be the stunning wifey in his box.Killer serve punishing backhands way more consistent than Blake.Fish will have a great year if he stays healthy.Blake needs to learn how to wait for his shots instead of killing everything that bounces.Some matches I wonder how this guy is even in the top 20 with all those dumb errors.I could beat james just hit it back and I win.

anointedone
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
P Mac has always liked Blake. He likes Fish too but not as much as Blake IMO. Blake is still higher ranked I believe and often they just go by rankings. Fish is playing better lately though. I think the U.S will win the tie anyway so it doesnt matter probably. In the next round if Fish keeps playing like he is now, and Blake continues to have so so type results Fish might get the call over Blake. Maybe Querrey will be in the mix later in the year for #2 singles as well.

SaintClaires
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
How did Fish lose to Rochus 6-2 6-4?