PDA

View Full Version : Clint Thompson website [WIP]

lawrence
03-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Will try to get it finished by next week, but before then any crits/comments are welcomed so I can improve on the design and layout.

temporary URL;
www.marvel-creative.com/CL1NT

let me know if anyone runs into any bugs. pages are blank atm

ESP#1
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
looks great!! cant wait for it to be up and running!! our boy clint is getting hooked up!! really cool of you to do this

Ocean Drive
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
clint thompson? he's ranked very lowly, so whats the fuss?

ESP#1
03-07-2009, 07:14 AM

Your trolling skills are great!! Keep it up, not everyone can be positive, these threads need you for balance

Ocean Drive
03-07-2009, 07:18 AM
why? i dont think stating the fact that i think this guy is useless and won't do anything is trolling. I mean, who are you anyway?

ESP#1
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
why? i dont think stating the fact that i think this guy is useless and won't do anything is trolling. I mean, who are you anyway?

Who am I? Well I'm not the guy being negative towards a fellow thread member who trying to make it on the tour. Thats your job, I'm the other guy:)

Ocean Drive
03-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't sit on anybody's nuts, especially some nobody. "Our boy" comment made me laugh too, by the way.

migjam
03-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Will try to get it finished by next week, but before then any crits/comments are welcomed so I can improve on the design and layout.

temporary URL;
www.marvel-creative.com/CL1NT (http://www.marvel-creative.com/CL1NT)

Very nice design! What are you using to create it?

fluffy Beaver
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM

If you don't care, then why bother coming into the thread? Apparently to troll ya? :oops:

Ocean Drive
03-07-2009, 07:35 AM
troll? i dont think im a little toy with fluffy hair...

Rob_C
03-07-2009, 07:36 AM

temporary URL;
www.marvel-creative.com/CL1NT

I think his last name is spelled Thomson.

$$$$mony$$$$
03-07-2009, 07:37 AM
oceandrive is the ******** of the week. congrats!!!!!!!

ESP#1
03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't sit on anybody's nuts, especially some nobody. "Our boy" comment made me laugh too, by the way.

Yea your just a hater man, i get, no need to explain and the "our boy" phrase is common terminology around my way, i guess that doesn't reach the suburbs of middle america

fluffy Beaver
03-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Do i sense jealousy from Ocean Drive?

clint thomson, that random guy who everybody is butt kissing?

I knew a Ukraine guy who was in the top 400, big deal, hardly made any money or anything.

saram
03-07-2009, 07:53 AM

Good catch!

saram
03-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Looks wonderful. I love the sound of the ball being struck--genius. I have to admit--this is better than what my friend has come up with thus far--your work is better, if I may say so. True talent there.

saram
03-07-2009, 07:55 AM

As Keith Olbermann would say: "Today's meanest person in the world!"

Ludas
03-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Very nice homepage. Keep up the good work.
Ocean Drive get the h*** out of here...

dwhiteside
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
If being ranked in ATP top 1000 makes you a nobody in tennis terms, what does that make Oceandrive?

oneguy21
03-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I hope he plays in a slam soon.

Cl1ntrock
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
looks great mate...good work..even my favourite colours..
The guys are correct THOMSON without a "P"...
the sound is nice also..

ideas..australia,germany maybe split flag..or like the colour of the tennisball somewhere else the shape of australia..favorite numbers,23,11..should a webpage like this have a light music in background or not ..i dont realy know..i love the design the way it is...

Saram..u have another guy makin a site..???i am confused...Lawrence is makin the official one right..??and you have sorted it out with him>???

saram
03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
^^ I had a friend that was starting to work on one--but to be very honest, Lawrence's site is superb. He's got some skills.

Cl1ntrock
03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
ok..how is the situation with lawrance financialy then???he hasnt said anything about it...and i thought u were in coop with him..

lawrence
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Very nice design! What are you using to create it?

The top was made with flash and the rest of the HTML was coded poorly in dreamweaver, haha.

:oops: better change that now lol, and another thing i would like to ask is, do you prefer CLINT or CLINTON? i figure you just liked CLINT but if you want me to change it i'll go and do that too

thanks for all the positive comments guys. and clint i dont expect a payment or anything, since i volunteered to do this for you, and its not a job you asked me to do. so its ok

i will take any small donations from anyone to help out with the hosting and domain costs though! they arent very expensive anyway, currently its hosted on my webspace but with no domain.

im also working on a CMS system for you, so you can update it easily from anywhere, even the airport haha.

lawrence
03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
hey clint, is there any way i can talk to you? email or MSN or something. or you can contact me at
kappa @ hotmail.com
so i can teach you how to use the site and write on it :D

skraggle
03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Lawrence, you did a really nice job. The site has a lot of energy and engaging interactivity.

Clint, I'm a writer by trade, so I'd like to offer my services gratis to create your profile.

If you shoot me your pertinent info, I'll work something up and shoot it off for Lawrence to include.

Very cool to see TT come together to help a promising player out.

lawrence
03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Lawrence, you did a really nice job. The site has a lot of energy and engaging interactivity.

Clint, I'm a writer by trade, so I'd like to offer my services gratis to create your profile.

If you shoot me your pertinent info, I'll work something up and shoot it off for Lawrence to include.

Very cool to see TT come together to help a promising player out.

Hey, great of you to offer your skills. If you wan't I can hook you up with an account on the CMS, which gives you access to edit all the text with a WYSIWYG editor, no downloads required.

Let me know :)

baseliner87
03-08-2009, 01:51 AM
web page looks amazing.great work

baseliner87
03-08-2009, 01:53 AM

ah well hes prob abit better than you at tennis mate, or are you ranked better than him?

Cl1ntrock
03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Hey Lawrence..I added u on msn..if it doesnt work for any reason..mine is the_csct@hotmail.com..BUT email on clintontennis@gmail.com and we will get started..

Cl1ntrock
03-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Skraggel
i added the info of the other thread..

Clinton Thomson
1,91m
82kg
Born in Syndey Australia - living Solingen - Germany - moved 2 Gemany 1990
started playing tennis when i was 5 - coached by my dad till i was 14
Left Handed
Single Handed backhand
Coach:Karsten Saniter (Germany)
highest ATP rank yet 465
Current ATP 750 due 2 half year injuries
Sponsors: Head,Signum,
best result: 2 Future wins(France,Holland)
best win: Juergen Melzer,Diego Junqueira,Maximilo Gonzales,Olivier Patience,Jesse Huta Galung,
Goals for 2009: making Grand Slam Q's in 2010
Team Comp: 1.Bundesliga 07,08 in Germany - strongest national team comp in the world - 2.Bundesliga in 09
surface best results: clay
Mum Name:Barbara
Dad Name:Graeme
Girlfriend:Tarsia
Pets:2 Cats

ronalditop
03-08-2009, 09:32 AM
funny how i have watched several clint vids and i hadnt notice he was a left handed.

Mansewerz
03-08-2009, 09:36 AM
In his profile section, there is no weight

MichaelChang
03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
The web page needs a "bottom" section. The blue upper "image" section took almost 40% on a 1024*768 screen. I think it will be better to shrink that a little bit. And in the mean time add a "bottom" section which usually provide links such as @copy rights, "Contacts", and etc.

ESP#1
03-25-2009, 06:39 AM
lawrence, did you give up on this website? i havent really seen any updates since it was first made.:(

Staiger
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
nice work ! keep it up Lawrence , how is the tennis gong clint

skraggle
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Skraggel
i added the info of the other thread..

Clinton Thomson
1,91m
82kg
Born in Syndey Australia - living Solingen - Germany - moved 2 Gemany 1990
started playing tennis when i was 5 - coached by my dad till i was 14
Left Handed
Single Handed backhand
Coach:Karsten Saniter (Germany)
highest ATP rank yet 465
Current ATP 750 due 2 half year injuries
Sponsors: Head,Signum,
best result: 2 Future wins(France,Holland)
best win: Juergen Melzer,Diego Junqueira,Maximilo Gonzales,Olivier Patience,Jesse Huta Galung,
Goals for 2009: making Grand Slam Q's in 2010
Team Comp: 1.Bundesliga 07,08 in Germany - strongest national team comp in the world - 2.Bundesliga in 09
surface best results: clay
Mum Name:Barbara
Dad Name:Graeme
Girlfriend:Tarsia
Pets:2 Cats

Damn! Sorry, didn't remember getting an email update on this thread and got busy with other stuff. I'll work something up over the weekend and get it to the web wizard Lawrence...apologies for being out of touch...