PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells Prediction

Lotto
03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I have a prediction for Indian Wells...............I have a gut feeling that Federer's gonna win it.........with his "rehab" and his work with Cahill I think he's been working on something "special". Watch and see...

I know the draws not out yet but it starts next week, so, predictions anyone?

miyagi
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I pick Nadal...or Fed....

Giggs The Red Devil
03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Murray to the semis. Hopefully he wins.

federerdomination
03-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm picking Fed to win it :)

edmondsm
03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah I'll pick Fed. Hopefully he and Nadal both make the final.

Clydey2times
03-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Murray is definitely playing it seems. If he was fully healthy I'd pick him, but I'm not sure. Depends on whether he plays his way into the tournament. If he doesn't, I'm picking Fed for his first MS title in **** knows how long.

Lotto
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM

And Fed beats him in straights.....that would aid with his overcoming of the mental block.

Feña14
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah i'm not holding my breath with Murray.

I'll go with Djokovic.

Nadal_Freak
03-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Slow hardcourts favor Nadal or Djokovic imo. I'll pick Nadal since he is in better form lately.

miyagi
03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Is vedasco playing? If he is he could be a threat!

bladepdb
03-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Gotta give this to Tsonga as much as I'd like to see Nadal take it.

Tsonga-Stepanek final :D

(not really on the Stepanek part though haha).

Safinator_1
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Really want Joker to win this one so i pick him lol since there is a long... clay season ahead he needs to rack those points

Jonnyf
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd love to see Verdasco and Roddick have a good, solid run.
However, my bet is that Federer comes back rejuvinated with Cahills help..and takes the title..

Ps: I'm not saying that Federer rejuvination will last long, we don't know that but I do predict he wins IW and gets us all talking again.

zachattack698
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Gotta give this to Tsonga as much as I'd like to see Nadal take it.

Tsonga-Stepanek final :D

(not really on the Stepanek part though haha).

Tsonga all the way!! He will win the his 2nd Masters Series shield of his career!!

Safinator_1
03-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Wouldn't it be a shame if Federer choked and lost... wonder whats gonna happen here prediction: Fed/Nadal fans get your keyboards for flame wars

oneguy21
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
A Federer win will be a huge confidence booster for him...

wangs78
03-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't it be a shame if Federer choked and lost... wonder whats gonna happen here prediction: Fed/Nadal fans get your keyboards for flame wars

LOL. Good one.

veroniquem
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
If the final is Nadal-Fed, we already know the winner :twisted:

egn
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Can i get a Giles Simon woot woot?

Nah watch Davydenko blow these noobs out of the water

Mungo73
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
is Canas in the draw? :twisted:

Parabolica
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
is it best of 3 or 5? If 3, Murray has a good chance..

SaintClaires
03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Korolev will win the whole thing, beating Murray in the final.

6-1 4-6 6-3

vtmike
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Federer will win this...I think he is going to come back more hungry than ever and destroy everyone in his path...touchwood!

breadstick
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Well Indian Wells can get pretty dam hot and dry, and we all know how much Novak loves the heat...

Murray might still be getting over this virus thing he's got...

The Fed has been out for a while, and no one knows what kind of form he's in after losing the Australian Open...

Nadal is coming off a hardcourt title (in the heat) and final (Rotterdam).

So out of the top 4, my pick is Nadal.

roddickfan90
03-08-2009, 12:32 AM
roddick will win

P_Agony
03-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Fed needs to win either this or Miami, or both. He needs a strong Masters Series results to keep him confident.

batz
03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I doubt Murray will be 100% fit so I've got to go with the world number 1.

caulcano
03-08-2009, 01:27 AM
I have a prediction for Indian Wells...............I have a gut feeling that Federer's gonna win it.........with his "rehab" and his work with Cahill I think he's been working on something "special". Watch and see...

I'm hoping for a big show from Federer but I get the feeling Nadal will take it.

Lotto
03-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Fed needs to win either this or Miami, or both. He needs a strong Masters Series results to keep him confident.

Especially after not winning one last year. I think who finishes year end no.1 will come down to the masters because I think Nadal and Fed will split the Grand Slams.

Leublu tennis
03-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Well Indian Wells can get pretty dam hot and dry, and we all know how much Novak loves the heat... Hot and dry is not the same as hot and muggy.

Murray might still be getting over this virus thing he's got... I think you are right there. You don't come off a delibitating illness and win against brutal opposition.
The Fed has been out for a while, and no one knows what kind of form he's in after losing the Australian Open... Yep. I don't hold much of a chance for him until he starts winning a few tournaments.
Nadal is coming off a hardcourt title (in the heat) and final (Rotterdam).

So out of the top 4, my pick is Nadal. You are probably right although I will be pulling for Djokovic. I know he has not been playing well but so many of the posters here dump on him, his family, his dog that I am starting to pull for him.

Sir Andrew of Roddick
03-08-2009, 01:56 AM
I can see Roddick having a good run there, for all the talk about his forehand of old and how he just hasn't got it anymore, he's still playing consistently, and I don't think he could of had a better start to the year.

Lotto
03-08-2009, 03:02 AM
I can see Roddick having a good run there, for all the talk about his forehand of old and how he just hasn't got it anymore, he's still playing consistently, and I don't think he could of had a better start to the year.

I agree but I don't see him winning it. Depending on his draw he could make a semi.......If he's in Federer's half I honestly don't see him beating Federer because as we all know, Federer owns him.
If he's in Nadal's have he MIGHT trouble Nadal but Rafa's in good form at the moment. He could definitely beat Djokovic and Murray, the way they are playing.

Telepatic
03-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Would like to see Fed-Tsonga.

koalakoala
03-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Federer

10 char

breadstick
03-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Hot and dry is not the same as hot and muggy.
True. But I'm guessing that it was really dry in Melbourne this year (with the bushfires and all) and in any case, a dry environment is more conducive to sore throats :wink:.

Nah but Djokovic has a very good chance of winning. He is the defending champ after all.

P_Agony
03-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Especially after not winning one last year. I think who finishes year end no.1 will come down to the masters because I think Nadal and Fed will split the Grand Slams.

Hmmm...so you see Federer winning both Wimbeldon and US Open? I wish you're right, but I actually don't see that happenning. I think Nadal is strong enough this year to keep Wimbeldon, but I'm not sure it's time for him to win the US Open yet.

Lotto
03-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Hmmm...so you see Federer winning both Wimbeldon and US Open? I wish you're right, but I actually don't see that happenning. I think Nadal is strong enough this year to keep Wimbeldon, but I'm not sure it's time for him to win the US Open yet.

I see him taking back Wimbledon.....I don't know why but I honestly definetly see Federer regaining Wimbledon. It's the one thing in the world of tennis that means the most to him and it will be no.1 on his priorities list I think. He will do everything in his power to regain it and I think that if he listens to Cahill and sneaks a few wins over Nadal before Wimbledon then it will happen......

batz
03-08-2009, 06:09 AM
True. But I'm guessing that it was really dry in Melbourne this year (with the bushfires and all) and in any case, a dry environment is more conducive to sore throats :wink:.

Nah but Djokovic has a very good chance of winning. He is the defending champ after all.

This makes Novak less likely to win IMHO. He's never defended a title in his career so far.

Clydey2times
03-08-2009, 06:14 AM
I agree but I don't see him winning it. Depending on his draw he could make a semi.......If he's in Federer's half I honestly don't see him beating Federer because as we all know, Federer owns him.
If he's in Nadal's have he MIGHT trouble Nadal but Rafa's in good form at the moment. He could definitely beat Djokovic and Murray, the way they are playing.

The way Murray is playing? Murray has only lost once this year and he was ill at the time. He also hammered Roddick in Doha and made him look like a Challenger player. Unless Roddick is banking on Murray being ill, he doesn't have a prayer.

batz
03-08-2009, 06:16 AM
The way Murray is playing? Murray has only lost once this year and he was ill at the time. He also hammered Roddick in Doha and made him look like a Challenger player. Unless Roddick is banking on Murray being ill, he doesn't have a prayer.

I noticed that too. I would maybe have made the point a little more subtly but Murray definitely likes to play Roddick.

batz
03-08-2009, 06:17 AM

I noticed that too. I would maybe have made the point a little more subtly but Murray definitely likes to play Roddick.

Clydey2times
03-08-2009, 06:23 AM

Yes, I have a tendency to be fairly aggressive when I disagree with something on here. It's something I'll have to curb.

Lotto
03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Yes, I have a tendency to be fairly aggressive when I disagree with something on here. It's something I'll have to curb.

By all means be aggressive, it can be the only way sometimes. I probably worded that wrong, probably the way Djokovic is playing and murray being ill. I sort of took it for granted that Murray would be playing badly seen as he is ill lol.

tahiti
03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Hard to say without the draw but I think and hope Murray will be playing. If he does, he's going to do well & get to finals. Rafa, will make it to SF again, Djoko won't manage to defend his title. If Murray plays a toss up between Fed and him. If Murray doesn't play, I'm going for a darkhorse for this event.

Clydey2times
03-08-2009, 06:35 AM
By all means be aggressive, it can be the only way sometimes. I probably worded that wrong, probably the way Djokovic is playing and murray being ill. I sort of took it for granted that Murray would be playing badly seen as he is ill lol.

Fair enough. I see your point. :)

Forehand Forever
03-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Roddick all day.

koalakoala
03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Murray is a brilliant tactician, no doubt.

Federer/Cahill need to watch out.

Gugafan
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
No shoutouts for Tsonga??...He has had a great start to the year, probably the biggest hitter in the top 20 right now.

Didnt he blow match points against Rafa in IW last yr?...Tsonga is actually a bad matchup for Nadal and given him problems each time they have played.

NamRanger
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Murray is definitely playing it seems. If he was fully healthy I'd pick him, but I'm not sure. Depends on whether he plays his way into the tournament. If he doesn't, I'm picking Fed for his first MS title in **** knows how long.

2007? Uh, yeah. I'm sorry, not everyone can be consistent year in and year out at a level of domination that is utterly ridiculous.

It's either Federer or Roddick. Nadal's going to have stiff competition, and probably get knocked out before the finals. Roddick will probably get a creampuff draw, while Federer will be trying to make a statement

CocaCola
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Tsonga to win but I my cheer for defending champion...

tacou
03-08-2009, 03:37 PM

what a bold prediction, world #2 to win ! I'll be even bolder...Nadal!

but uhmm Tsonga and Roddick should be big factors IMO

veroniquem
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Since we're playing the prediction game, a little reminder of what happened at IW in the last 5 years: 2004 Federer
2005 Federer
2006 Federer
2007 Nadal
2008 Djokovic
I don't think IW suits Murray's game best as it's not very fast, Djokovic is definitely playing less well than last year, there's a question mark about Federer's form as he hasn't played for a long time, so out of the top 4 I would pick Nadal. I would not exclude a surprise winner either.

Blank
03-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Djoko and Fed in the final......the latter will win it.

Telepatic
03-09-2009, 01:02 AM
I see Nadal and Murray (With Murray hardly winning over Fed in semi), and Nadal will win whole thing.

Clydey2times
03-09-2009, 01:08 AM
2007? Uh, yeah. I'm sorry, not everyone can be consistent year in and year out at a level of domination that is utterly ridiculous.

What do you mean? All I said is that I think Federer will win his first MS title in a long time.

I don't understand your response.

mandy01
03-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Bsed on current form I'd pick Nadal too..If its a Fed vs Nadal final then I hope it goes to three sets so we get to see some awesome tennis.

iriraz
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Nadal is in good form but we will see how well he makes the transition from clay to hard in one week time.Same goes for Djokovic but he has less confidence.Murray and Federer are the unknowns because they haven`t played for a while and might be rusty in this tourney.

batz
03-09-2009, 02:36 AM
What do you mean? All I said is that I think Federer will win his first MS title in a long time.

I don't understand your response.

You may have indicated that you think Roger will win, but you didn't ally your statement to some fawning words about him being GOAT, or having the brightest smile and the best hair ever.

That makes you a Fed hater and someone who needs to be reminded how 'ridicilously' good Roger once was.

I know it seems daft that you can't tip Roger for a MS and note that he hasn't won one for a relatively long time without some hyper-sensitive soul taking umbrage, but there you go.

batz
03-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Nadal is in good form but we will see how well he makes the transition from clay to hard in one week time.Same goes for Djokovic but he has less confidence.Murray and Federer are the unknowns because they haven`t played for a while and might be rusty in this tourney.

Murray has won a tournament and made the quarters of another since the AO. Don't think you can group him and Fed together. Murray may struggle at IW, but it won't be due to 'rustiness'.

Cyan
03-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Hopefully either Rafa or Nole will win.

Cyan
03-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I think Nadal and Fed will split the Grand Slams.

Hasn't happened in the Open era. If you mean 2 players winning 2 slams each in the same year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Slam_Men%27s_Singles_champions

P_Agony
03-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I see Nadal and Murray (With Murray hardly winning over Fed in semi), and Nadal will win whole thing.

I really hope Nadal doesn't win this. For all I care I would rather have almost anyone else winning this. Nadal winning everything is getting old really quickly IMO, and the fact I don't enjoy his matches mean there is no fun tennis for me anytime soon. Hopefully Fed gets some revenge on Simon in the final.

JediMindTrick
03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
How come nobody mentions Simon or Verdasco? I think these guys could pull an upset.

tacou
03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I really hope Nadal doesn't win this. For all I care I would rather have almost anyone else winning this. Nadal winning everything is getting old really quickly IMO

??are you serious? take a look at your icon buddy. that man went an entire season losing only 4 matches and dominated every major title for 4 years.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy his matches but he's the best player in tennis right now so you're going to see a lot more of him.

Ocean Drive
03-09-2009, 08:45 AM
nadal federer final, thats what we all want to see!!!!

NOT!

zzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Ocean Drive
03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
??are you serious? take a look at your icon buddy. that man went an entire season losing only 4 matches and dominated every major title for 4 years.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy his matches but he's the best player in tennis right now so you're going to see a lot more of him.

since when has he dominated the french open?

P_Agony
03-09-2009, 08:54 AM

I'm not saying Federer didn't dominate, my post was extremely selfish and I'm not denying that. I don't enjoy watching Nadal play, despite all the respect in the world I have for the guy. Therfore, for me, watching Nadal win all the time is a pain.

P.S - I hardly want Federer to dominate. If anything, I want him to win 2 MS titles and two majors each year. That leaves plenty of titles for the other players, and I'd be really bored if everything was going easy for Federer.

cknobman
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Nadal -- blows out right knee 2nd round

Fed -- throws out back semis

Djokovic -- forgets inhaler, collapses on court requiring oxygen to survive, 1st match 3rd game

Murray -- rolls ankle quarters

Ancic wins in finals over Del Potro.

LuckyR
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Making a Fed win prediction on a hard surface isn't much of a prediction.

batz
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Murray definitley heading stateside, posted on twitter in the last hour:

“Headed off to the states. Not 100% yet, but feeling better for sure. Catch you later, andy..”

tahiti
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Murray definitley heading stateside, posted on twitter in the last hour:

“Headed off to the states. Not 100% yet, but feeling better for sure. Catch you later, andy..”

Now Batz after a tiring day at work, this is the kind of info I like to come home to. Cheers!:)

batz
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Now Batz after a tiring day at work, this is the kind of info I like to come home to. Cheers!:)

You're welcome mate. I was pretty pleased to see it myself:)

Cyan
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
P.S - I hardly want Federer to dominate. If anything, I want him to win two majors each year.

I think Federer will only win 1 slam this year and that slam won't be the FO....

Federer will either win Wimbledon or the US open... but just 1 of them this year.... not both.

zachattack698
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
How come nobody mentions Simon or Verdasco? I think these guys could pull an upset.

no one is mentioning simon because he cant even beat berdych or stepanek as he lost to both of them in davis cup. Verdasco has not played since the Australian but if he plays like he did there, he has a good chance of doing well.

but people seriously TSONGA is going to win!! Two tournaments this year already, Indian Wells will be his third. I hope he beats djokovic along the way since he has owned him since they met in last years australian open final with 4 straight victories since.

shadows
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
but people seriously TSONGA is going to win!! Two tournaments this year already, Indian Wells will be his third. I hope he beats djokovic along the way since he has owned him since they met in last years australian open final with 4 straight victories since.

Tsonga has been hot so far this year, still not at his best though I don't think. I'm eagerly awaiting the draw to see who gets dealt him becaue he's going to be seriously tough to deal with if he comes in with the form he's been in.

Kegzz
03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm going for Murray, but hoping Fed or Rafa.

klementine79
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will win. I enjoy watching him play. He is gaining more and more confidence. Nobody hits consistently heavy as Tsonga does.

He is also good for the game, in terms of exposure, to the youth who would never consider picking up a racquet.

klementine79
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Djokovic -- forgets inhaler, collapses on court requiring oxygen to survive, 1st match 3rd game

Maybe I'm just really tired... but i was laughing my #$@!ing a#% off!

devila
03-09-2009, 06:01 PM
It was predictable 5 years ago that Federer winning is like 4 years of
diarrhea again.

Enough of Mr. Arrogant Crier.

veroniquem
03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Whatever happens I can't wait for it to start. I want to see some action!

TheTruth
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Nadal, Murray, or Djokovic in no particular order.

veroniquem
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Making a Fed win prediction on a hard surface isn't much of a prediction.
It is because Federer hasn't won a master series on hard court for a year and a half (Cincinnati 2007)

tacou
03-10-2009, 05:48 AM
so what? he's still, at the very worst, the 4th favorite. I'd consider him 2nd just behind Nadal. not a prediction in my book either.

Gen
03-10-2009, 06:14 AM
If it is Nadal/Federer final, Nadal wins. If it is Roddick/Federer final, Federer wins. Murray would be a good pick, but I don't know whether he is fully recovered. After watching Djokovic in DC matches, won't put my stakes on him. Something strange is happening with this guy. Verdasco is training like hell and may be a pleasant surprise. Tsonga looks like a collection of unforced errors. No way he wins anything in highly competitive environment. Simon ... pathetic.

LurkingGod
03-10-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm not saying Federer didn't dominate, my post was extremely selfish and I'm not denying that. I don't enjoy watching Nadal play, despite all the respect in the world I have for the guy. Therfore, for me, watching Nadal win all the time is a pain.

Thanks for being honest. I said the similar thing during Fed's 4 years of complete domination, that I wished any one else would win the tournament but him. I was extremely selfish back then and I think I still am. Now it's time for me to enjoy tennis once again because Fed doesn't win everything. Too bad we both can't enjoy tennis at the same time.:oops:

BTW, I think Fed's gonna win this one and Nadal'll win Miami. If I'm right I'm so gonna open a tennis psychic hotline..

tacou
03-10-2009, 01:16 PM
since when has he dominated the french open?

in his 3 most dominant years he made a semi and two finals. not bad for his worst tournaments.

JediMindTrick
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for being honest. I said the similar thing during Fed's 4 years of complete domination, that I wished any one else would win the tournament but him. I was extremely selfish back then and I think I still am. Now it's time for me to enjoy tennis once again because Fed doesn't win everything. Too bad we both can't enjoy tennis at the same time.:oops:

BTW, I think Fed's gonna win this one and Nadal'll win Miami. If I'm right I'm so gonna open a tennis psychic hotline..

I also got tired of seeing Federer beat everybody so I started rooting for anybody else to win just not Federer. Now that my wish has come true I'm having second thoughts and I'm terified that in a few years Federer will retire and we will never see his forehand again. Even rabid Fed haters have to admit that the "liquid whip" is the best tennis shot ever seen! By far!

nalbyvsfed
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
nadal has a tough draw, if nalbandian makes it to the quarters, he will face nalbandian.

SaintClaires
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Simon will win.

Federer and Nadal will win the doubles, as long as Fed doesn't cry when they play together.

devila
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Lol. Even Wawrinka outshined his darling Federer. No crying from him, no matter how much he suffered. Now that's a REAL man!:twisted::)

tudwell
03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I think:

SF Federer def. Tsonga, Nadal def. Djokovic
F Federer def. Nadal

tvp900
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I think that Nadal is going to storm it out. Believe it or not, Roddick is going to be Nadal's only threat to the final. Roddick is playing the best I've seen him since he won the US Open. Plus he's coming off a huge couple of Davis Cup victories. I see the world rankings as thus:

1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic

I know I'm going to recieve some negative comments about this, but I want to hear some opinions.

CanadianChic
03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Semis:

Nadal vs. Roddick
Federer vs. Murray

Final:

Roddick vs. Murray

Winner:

Roddick

NamRanger
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I think that Nadal is going to storm it out. Believe it or not, Roddick is going to be Nadal's only threat to the final. Roddick is playing the best I've seen him since he won the US Open. Plus he's coming off a huge couple of Davis Cup victories. I see the world rankings as thus:

1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic

I know I'm going to recieve some negative comments about this, but I want to hear some opinions.

At the rate Djokovic is going I wouldn't doubt it. Roddick could surpass Murray too, as Roddick has nearly no points to defend outside the USO.

Beasty54
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
what a bold prediction, world #2 to win ! I'll be even bolder...Nadal!

but uhmm Tsonga and Roddick should be big factors IMO

I agree. Im picking Roddick to make the later rounds of the tourny.

But Fed and Murray both are bad matchups for him. Makes it tough.

Nadal_Freak
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM

1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic

Murray is the only one to give Nadal problems. These are slower hardcourts. Nadal has a great chance of winning Indian Wells despite the predictable draws he is getting.

VivalaVida
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Semis:

Nadal vs. Roddick
Federer vs. Murray

Final:

Roddick vs. Murray

Winner:

Roddick
That will be a really nice win for Roddick. He has expressed his desire to be in the discussion with other top players. A win in IW should seal the deal for him

MrBen
03-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I think Murray or Fed is gonna win.....

tahiti
03-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Looking at the draw now I 'd say Rafa has a chance of winning. I put Roddick, Federer and Tsonga into the last four too. Assuming Murray is not feeling 100% yet. Verdasco as outside runner along with Del Potro.

tahiti
03-11-2009, 03:42 AM

This is really funny! Only Mario had mono so I'd say Ancic pulls out due to fatigue in SFs and Tsonga rolls over Del Potro :) worst case scenario

shadows
03-11-2009, 04:09 AM
1/4s

Rafa vs Monfils (fitness dependant)
Radek vs Roddick
Tsonga vs Murray
Nando vs Fed

Semis

Rafa vs Radek
Tsonga vs Fed

Final

Rafa vs Tsonga

Mungo73
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Fed will not win, there are many players that can beat him on hardcourts

KwangSunPark
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I think:

SF Federer def. Tsonga, Nadal def. Djokovic
F Federer def. Nadal

HAHA ridiculous... Federer won't even beat tsonga, let alone nadal.

KwangSunPark
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Mens: 1/4s

Nadal vs Monfils
Radek vs Roddick
Tsonga vs Murray
Verdasco vs Fed

Semis

Nadal vs Roddick
Murray vs Verdasco

Final

Nadal vs Murray (Murray wins in 4)

Womens:
Ivanovic FTW

Gugafan
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
At the rate Djokovic is going I wouldn't doubt it. Roddick could surpass Murray too, as Roddick has nearly no points to defend outside the USO.

No chance..Murray has little to defend during the claycourt swing. I would expect him to do better then Roddick in most clay events.

To the topic...Nalbandian against Nadal could be a real humdinger. Hopefully Dave is going to turn up fit and dedicated.

cknobman
03-12-2009, 06:37 AM
No chance..Murray has little to defend during the claycourt swing. I would expect him to do better then Roddick in most clay events.

To the topic...Nalbandian against Nadal could be a real humdinger. Hopefully Dave is going to turn up fit and dedicated.

Im putting my money on Nalby. Nadal has never beaten Nalbandian, in fact both times theyve played its been a blowout.

Vegodsky
03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Quarters: Nadal over monfils, Roddick over Djokovic, Tsonga over Murray, and Fed over Verdasco,

Semis: Roddick over Nadal, Federer over Tsonga

Finals: Federer over Roddick

P_Agony
03-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Nadal will not win, there are many players that can beat him on hardcourts

Fixed it for you. :)

JLyon
03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
for some reason I have Roddick taking out Simon in the finals.

Chi
03-12-2009, 09:35 AM
My predictions...

- I reckon Djokovic won't make the semi's, even though he won Dubai - He's not been very convincing so far this season.

Therefore...

Semi's:

- Nadal to beat Roddick

- Murray to beat Federer

Final:

- Nadal to beat Murray (though I'd like Murray to win...!)

:)

gj011
03-12-2009, 09:49 AM
1/4s

Nadal vs Del Potro
Djokovic vs Ferrer
Murray vs Simon
Gasquet vs Gonzalez

Semis

Djokovic vs Nadal
Murray vs Gasquet

Final
Djokovic vs Murray

Lotto
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
1/4s

Nadal vs Del Potro
Djokovic vs Ferrer
Murray vs Simon
Gasquet vs Gonzalez

Semis

Djokovic vs Nadal
Murray vs Gasquet

Final
Djokovic vs Murray

In YOUR Perfect world. That's outrageous tbh.

icedevil0289
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM

not incredibly outrageous. I could see a djokovic-murray final. The road to that final seems like a bit of a stretch though.

gj011
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM

We shall see. Not so "outrageous" if you look at previous Masters on hardcourts. If someone predicted that Fish will make it to the final last year IW, or Davydenko taking Miami, or Djokovic-Murray playing the final in Cincy, or Simon making the final in Madrid, would you say "outrageous" too?

Anyway there were some really "outrageous" predictions, like that Roddick would win the whole thing or Stepanek making the SF, ... but for some reason you were not bothered by them. :rolleyes:.

dj's fan3
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
here is how its going to go semis rafa v dj
dj wns then him and murry in the finals dj wins

batz
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Murray playing tennis football with the guys yesterday. Good to see him back on a court!

http://www.imeem.com/people/qkNRGm8/video/1siofyup/andy-murray-practicing-bnp-paribas-march-11-2009-sports-vid/

SaintClaires
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Rik de Voest will win the whole thing. Please trust me on this one.

slicekick95
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
4th round:
berdych d nadal
monfils d del potro
djokovic d querrey
roddick d ferrer
nishikori d gulbis
murray d cilic
verdasco d kohlsreibber
federer d hewitt

quarter-finals
murray d nishikori
verdasco d federer
monfils d berdych
djokovic d roddick

semifinals
murray d verdasco
djokovic d monfils

finals
djokovic d murray

Mungo73
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Fixed it for you. :)

you are wrong dude, there are many players that can beat Fed on hardcourts

where have you been in the last year? hehe :twisted:

devila
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Fed wins every event. :oops: Similar to Murray and Djokovic winning many Rome and Slam titles without 3 opponents' retirements (coincidentally, on all surfaces, Roddick injured his neck and back when he was 5 kg overweight).

T1000
03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
semis: nadal/djokovic Federer/Hewitt

Finals: doesn't matter/hewitt

winner hewitt

SaintClaires
03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
semis: nadal/djokovic Federer/Hewitt

Finals: doesn't matter/hewitt

winner hewitt

Woah :shock::shock::shock::shock:

T1000
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Woah :shock::shock::shock::shock:

bet ya cant tell who my favorite player is

valiant
03-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I know your fav player is " doesn't matter" fella ryt. i knew it.

SaintClaires
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
bet ya cant tell who my favorite player is

Your favorite player is Rafael Hewitt.

T1000
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
I know your fav player is " doesn't matter" fella ryt. i knew it.

dang ya got me. i didnt think anyone would get it

Cyan
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
1/4s

Nadal vs Del Potro
Djokovic vs Ferrer
Murray vs Simon
Gasquet vs Gonzalez

Semis

Djokovic vs Nadal
Murray vs Gasquet

Final
Djokovic vs Murray

If that is the final, hopefully nole defends a title for the first time in his career...

T1000
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Your favorite player is Rafael Hewitt.

nope it is doesnt matter

valiant
03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
dang ya got me. i didnt think anyone would get it

I know its hard to be smart as I'm.

SaintClaires
03-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I know its hard to be smart as I'm.

Very interesting...:(

quest01
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
I think Federer can win Indian Wells but my gut feeling is that either Djokovic or Nadal will win. I would have put Murray in the mix if it wasn't for his illness in Dubai and Roddick may have an outside chance but I think the slow hard court will suit Nadal's game.

stormholloway
03-13-2009, 09:35 AM
These tournaments should really have 5 set finals--tangent I know.

batz
03-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Davydenko has withdrawn - heel again.

SaintClaires
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Davydenko is going to shoot down the rankings this year - mark my words :confused:

gj011
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM

Federer's draw just got even more easier.

Pushmaster
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Nadal or Federer, not exactly going out on a limb I know.

Parabolica
03-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Good thing no one predicted F. Lopez cuz he's out already!