PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased Andy Roddick Foundation bracelets?

TripleB
03-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Has anyone purchased any of the Andy Roddick Foundation bracelets {"NO COMPROMISE"}?

All the money raised goes to the Andy Roddick Foundation which helps underprivileged and abused children.

I purchased five of these back in early February and received them the other day. They are pretty good quality - not as thick as the LiveStrong bracelets but not as flimsy as the Cure Diabetes bracelets.

Just wondering if anyone else had purchased any.

TripleB

david aames
03-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I purchased five of these back in early February and received them the other day. They are pretty good quality - not as thick as the LiveStrong bracelets but not as flimsy as the Cure Diabetes bracelets.

No offense but what you really need is professional help, pal.

TripleB
03-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Why? Because I bought something so the money would go to a worthy cause or because I made a comment about the quality of the bracelet.

TripleB

mosquito
03-04-2005, 08:45 AM
where did you get it at?

Noelle
03-04-2005, 09:05 AM
You can get them at http://proshop.andyroddick.com

mrwise
03-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I think these wristbands are great, but do any of you people really wear this crap? I see a lot of kids wearing these. I would think that most adults would look a little silly wearing a rubber band.
It is too bad that people have to have something to show that they have donated money to a cause.
Perhaps we should start a trend that if you donate money to my charity I will send you a free vibration dampener. It will look just like the rubber band that Andre Agassi uses in his racket. I guess if this gets people to send money then maybe this is just a smart marketing scheme.

TripleB
03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
I wear my "No Compromise" and "LiveStrong" bracelet. I may look dorky but I'm 37, I have a fabulous wife, and plenty of friends so who am I trying to impress.

A lot of my students (I teach 8th grade) wear them and they seem to think it's pretty cool that one of their teachers is actually wearing something that they wear. Of course none of them have the "No Compromise" bracelet so they keep wanting to know where to get one.

TripleB

court_zone
03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
I wear this also to support Andy's foundation and luckily was one of the first to get one at Andy's charity event this past December.

Jonnyf
03-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I've gt da Andy Roddick ones

dewey4262
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I also purchased some of the bands. And wear them.

snowpuppy
03-04-2005, 06:41 PM
if you donate $ you donoted $. No pt to show it to everyone in the world. it is pretty shallow IMO. I bought a yellow "live strong" braclet beofre and never wore it.

Bob K
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
if you donate $ you donoted $. No pt to show it to everyone in the world. it is pretty shallow IMO. I bought a yellow "live strong" braclet beofre and never wore it.

It's not shallow, it's to spread the word.

ragnaROK
03-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I brought a few and I'm wearing one. I'm not wearing it to give the impression that I donated money. Look around and you'll see a bunch of other knock offs of the Livestrong bands, it's just a trendy thing right now.

equinox
03-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Be careful TripleB, you may start a fashion trend.

andfor
03-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Be careful TripleB, you may start a fashion trend.

My son bought one and found another (new in wraper) at the tour stop in Memphis. It's to big for him so I wear it. I agree with wearing it spreads the word.

ibemadskillzz
03-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Triple B, cool thing you did by helping children. Can you send me one? I support it too but I'm very poor.

TripleB
03-05-2005, 10:48 AM
andfor,

Last time I was at the Andy Roddick website I think I remember seeing where they are going to have a youth size bracelet very soon.

TripleB

Noelle
03-06-2005, 04:25 AM
TripleB, the youth size bracelets are now available.

matchpoints
03-07-2005, 07:43 AM
No one sporting the Tennis Masters Cup - Peace Of Mind Bracelet?

http://img177.exs.cx/img177/112/tmcbracelet7ta.jpg
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/1978/tmcbracelet24zj.jpg

norcal
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I wear the J-Cap nose ring. The money goes to recovering crack heads.

MegacedU
03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I wear the J-Cap nose ring. The money goes to recovering crack heads.

Norcal, wherever I go I cannot get away from your randomness. Absolutely hilarious.

tykrum
03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
It's not shallow, it's to spread the word.

Exactly. I wear my Livestrong one, the No Compromise one, and my sister at my old high school made some to support the service organization that she is president of. Not all at the same time though. I have given No Compromise ones to a few of my good friends, a few that don't even play tennis, and they wear them to show their support for a good cause. I have seen celebrities wearing these bands before, especially the Livestrong ones, and I think its great that they choose to wear them to spread support for the organizations.

kreative
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
matchpoints, where can one find that bracelet?

a-rod24
03-08-2005, 06:20 PM
i also purchased 5 i like them they give me some confidence and somethin to mess with while im playin

matchpoints
03-09-2005, 12:33 AM
matchpoints, where can one find that bracelet?

They were given out during the last Tennis Masters Cups in Houston, TX. You might want to call Westside Tennis Center in Houston. I was told they're all over the place....I got mine from a friend that went to the event. I couldn't afford to go :( :(