PDA

View Full Version : Something amusing: Females using Bab PD

ferrari_827
03-04-2005, 07:21 AM
It seems that alot of women college players are using the Pure Drive. This is a bit of a surprise because I don't think females would like this sort of racket, but rather something like the Yonex V-con, Prince Shark, Head Instinct, Wilson H Tour. There's something in my mind that bothers me about a woman wielding this crude battle axe called the Pure Drive.

There's this one female at my tennis facility who uses a Pure Drive, but she sort of looks like Amelie Mauresmo. I think K.Clijsters used the PD as well.

As they say, women want more power, men more control. At least in tennis.

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
So where does Roddick fit in here ;)

Power Game
03-04-2005, 07:49 AM
There are alot of college girls using babolats....maybe the same reason that the guys are instead of similar racquets

mary fierce
03-04-2005, 08:04 AM
V Con = Hingis....Shark = Sharapova....Instinct = Myskina....H-Tour = Davenport......oh, I see, you think that women are as pathetically mindless and superficial as you (the way you always arouse yourself by contemplating the "cosmetics" of the RDX is really quite something) and would only be interested in racquets that women of prominence on tour use? Have you ever had a thought that you were just a little embarassed to broadcast? Perhaps the thought of a woman wielding a "crude battle axe" arouses another type of anxiety in you.

Noelle
03-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Wasn't the Babolat PD first designed for older women who couldn't lift heavy racquets?

tennissavy
03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
It seems that alot of women college players are using the Pure Drive. This is a bit of a surprise because I don't think females would like this sort of racket, but rather something like the Yonex V-con, Prince Shark, Head Instinct, Wilson H Tour. There's something in my mind that bothers me about a woman wielding this crude battle axe called the Pure Drive.

There's this one female at my tennis facility who uses a Pure Drive, but she sort of looks like Amelie Mauresmo. I think K.Clijsters used the PD as well.

No racquet is gender specific. Nadia Petrova switched shortly after the Advanta Championships from the Prince Hornet to the Pure Drive and she just took the first set over Serena a couple of days ago, with that Pure Drive, 6-1!
Clijsters and Petrova are not the only women using Pure Drive or Pure Drive + either. More importantly, please know that women and men both want power AND control, if they are serious about the game. You should also know that whatever racquet you choose, you can customize to make more powerful or less powerful as the pros do.

ollinger
03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
The PD is a medium weight racquet with good power -- ideal for many women. What's amusing about women choosing to use it?
________
Linda18 cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Linda18)

03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
I would expect more advanced women to be using it than men due to the fact that its really powerful.

BreakPoint
03-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Not just in tennis, my friend. ;)

USCfan
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
No racquet is gender specific. Nadia Petrova switched shortly after the Advanta Championships from the Prince Hornet to the Pure Drive and she just took the first set over Serena a couple of days ago, with that Pure Drive, 6-1!
Clijsters and Petrova are not the only women using Pure Drive or Pure Drive + either. More importantly, please know that women and men both want power AND control, if they are serious about the game. You should also know that whatever racquet you choose, you can customize to make more powerful or less powerful as the pros do.

How about that Dunlop Lady G? I think that's what it was called anyway.

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Is it me, or this thread looks awfully similar to this one HERE (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=42076)

ferrari_827
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Perfmode is a noob hater, and I'm a misogynist ? Just kidding. This thread really pressed the hot button of Mary Fierce (read above !).

jasonmiller
03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
You're ********. The Prince Shark and Head Instinct are almost identical in specs to the PD, and the other two you mentioned are close. What makes you think women should use those racquets and not the PD? They're the same kind of racquet. The Shark and Insinct were designed specifically to compete with the PD. I really shouldn't be saying all this, because you're probably about fourteen, and you're obviously going to come back with something bad to say about me, but this is a really dumb thread. You must be bored to death to think of this stuff and then actually post it.

need2paint
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Well I must be really bored for posting this, but is anyone else annoyed by the overuse of the word "female"?

Rabbit
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't know what the problem is. The Pure Drive is popular with the fairer sex because it is easily accessorized. It has blue, white, and black in its makeup which go with most any outfit. It also has an understated beauty that doesn't detract from the user. It's no wonder women use it, it's just plain pretty. (Petra & Vamos....before you codemn me to smoking a turd in purgatory, I'm just joking.)

jasonmiller
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, I thought about it, and I apologize for my last post. That's kinda out of line. If I don't have anything nice to say, I probably shouldn't say anything at all. This board's free for anyone to express any opinion they want, so I should respect their freedom of speech. If I don't like what people have to say, I should just not open particular threads in the first place. My bad. Ferrari, go ahead and post whatever you like. I hope you and your loved ones are not actually mentally handicapped.

heolun
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
my coach, she's about 48-50 years old now but still uses the Head Intelligence Prestige mid,(not mid plus). it's amazing because even me sometime afraid of using it to play against top other college players in my school.

ismashall
03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
My biggest pet peeve is how some people say, "my coach, she's about 48-50 years old..." instead of, "My coach IS about 48-50 years old...." Mutilation. Mutilation I tell you!

AndrewD
03-05-2005, 03:43 AM
ismarshall,
That belongs in the Rants and Raves section (or, better yet, kept to yourself), as does this:
"My biggest pet peeve is the WAY IN WHICH some people....".

ollinger
03-05-2005, 05:59 AM
If you stand on a (cyber) street corner and gratuitously shout your opinions, people will and SHOULD shout back, especially when your opinions include stereotyping, myzogeny, ****phobia (that "but" referring to Mauresmo is revealing) and just plain senselessness about what would be a good racquet for women. Tell us your age, Ferrari. (I'm in my forties). Several people, including someone in this thread, have speculated that you are about 14. If you're significantly older, you should thank us for this feedback.
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

ibemadskillzz
03-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I use PD and I hit blazing winners, you can't stop my shots.

NoBadMojo
03-05-2005, 02:08 PM
what i did think of that was sorta funny (other than this thread) is that a couple of the WTA players are/were using junior versions of the PureDrives (must have been because they were smaller headsizes than the normal PureDrives)..i guess they had good results with them in their tennis evolvement and said, why change.

iscottius
03-05-2005, 04:32 PM
last I checked a few women on the wta are serving 130, and hit huge shots off both wings, what is it about the pure drive that wouldn't benefit women?

BTW-Mary fierce great reply--this message board has become too popular and it has gone from a great resource for info & advice to a catty -teeny bopper - my racquet is the best--stupid posts like--sharapova vs chang, "ugly" figures on pro players and I am in love with my RDX and feel compelled to write about it every day & argue with anyone who doesn't share my opinion

Kris Will
03-05-2005, 08:40 PM
The PD, as stated above, is a decent all-round racquet. Now ladies, we're not being chauvenistic here, so please chill. Truthfully, I haven't seen that many women using the PD anyway, I just know I hate it.

Kris.

PrestigeClassic
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
The girls on the tennis team here are already satisfied my stiff stick, hence no need for Babolat PD's.