PDA

View Full Version : HOW did grosjean get picked

robbie_dademo
03-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Grosjeans form has been very patchy at best, and he hasn't played much tennis lately... surely france had a better more reliable option?

well hes down 2 sets to 0 anyway

lemurballs
03-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how he reached last years Wimby semi-final.

robbie_dademo
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
oh man he was playing exceptional tennis then, i got no doubts hes a great player when in the right frame of mind... i hope he gets his form back

i just think france could of picked someone better maybe who had more tennis under their belt

spinbalz
03-04-2005, 04:46 PM
lemurballs, the current Grosjean is only a ghost of the player he used to be, he suffered from too many injuries since a few years, and played only seldomly on the ATP tour since last US open, total break after the US open, then come back in january 2005 then injured again during the Australian Open. He suffers now from a big confidence crisis, due to lack of matches, and to the fact that he is always frightened to injure his legs's muscles again when he plays, so he never give 100% when he moves. Once he will believe again in his body, and for that he needs to stays injury free for a long period, he will sart again to give 100% on the court, and will show how a great player he can be, but it will take some time, several monthes I think.

I think that Guy Forget took a wrong decision by selecting Grosjean in singles against Sweden.

USCfan
03-04-2005, 04:49 PM
grosjean's pretty good. Who else did you have in mind, Gael Monfils?

Also, isn't this a SPOILER?

robbie_dademo
03-04-2005, 08:51 PM
geez sorry man, you guys are so touchy about your spoilers.... fair enough i wasnt thinking when i wrote "USA IN TROUBLE" but calling this a spoiler... ure a bit paranoid about results

verdasco67
03-05-2005, 01:15 AM
grosjean is a very good player, im sure he will get back to form soon.

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 03:05 AM
grosjean's pretty good. Who else did you have in mind, Gael Monfils?

Also, isn't this a SPOILER?

There are a lot more they could have selected besides Monfils. There is Saulnier, Santoro, Haehnel, and Benneteau just to name a few. I don't think they should have picked Clement. There are a lot more guys ranked higher than he is like the four I mentioned and seven others to be exact. But that is just what I think.

bertrevert
03-05-2005, 03:51 AM
I think sometimes Davis Cup is about teamwork. Forget chose a team that has trained together, that has worked together, that knows one another. He's gone for a combination he knows. He wouldn't want to muck about against these opponenets. Nevertheless, Davis Cup is where new players should be "blooded". The cauldron of the Cup is worthy, a Monfils may not be ready but a Santoro could be a great asset.