PDA

View Full Version : Tweak Wilson Ksix-one Tour 90 with Lead Tape

bababoo
03-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I have a Wilson Ksix-one Tour 90. I want to enlarge and raise up its sweet spot a little. How can I achieve it with lead tape? Where should I put it and how much of lead tape should I use?

Tell me about your experience of tweaking Ksix-one 90 with lead tape.

Thanks

klementine
03-08-2009, 09:15 AM
The best way to raise the sweetspot is by adding lead at the 12o'clock position on the hoop.

Just remember, 4grams of lead at 12 will raise the swingweight by 11.5points. So if your k90 is spec on at 336swingweight, 4 grams at 12 will roughly equate to a swingweight of 348.

Also, lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock, will not affect the swingweight so dramatically, 2-1 as opposed to 3-1 at the 12 o'clock position.

Swinweight,balance and static weight are the issues at hand when applying lead tape to a frame and these are all effected transversely by the length of the racquet. A 27.5inch racquet with 4grams of lead at 12 will have a higher swingweight than a 27inch racquet with 4grams at 12, due to the fact that the extra weight is further out from the axis-point of the frame.

Good luck, the k90 is a hard stick to customize. You end up with a really high swingweight after overgrips, string and lead have been applied.

bababoo
03-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks. I will probably starts with 5 gram at 3 & 9 o'clock