PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of The K6.1 95 16 by 18?

nate_malone
03-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I think it is a great racket, with good power and control. Very comfortable to use and great for my two-handed backhand. I just wish it was cheaper.

imalil2gangsta4u
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I also found my best backhands with this racket, and i could place the ball anywhere i wanted. I couldnt handle the stiffness though.

2ndserveace
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I love the racquet except for the stiffness and the kind of high swingweight. I currently have a wrist injury (non-tennis) and I can feel the stiffness hurting my wrist when I play. The swingweight makes it tough to whip up on low balls sometimes. Other than that, this racquet rewards you for a long, fast, smooth swing with solid contact that provides great power and control.

furyoku_tennis
03-08-2009, 02:03 PM
i didn't like it. found it was too stiff for my liking and could never really get into the groove when hitting with it. the n6.1 95 was a much better racquet IMO.

NoNameZ
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
i enjoyed this racket. it was stiff, but i kinda liked that feel. i prefer it over the n95 by a bit.

a_2c+
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
small sweetspot. lots of shanks. my freinds tell me it was like wielding a troll stick. it let me down soo many times, i started using the liquidmetal radical oversize. :-(

then, edison's lightbulb (and the idea that lead tape in the appropriate places can help enlarge sweetspot) flashed on.

i added magnetic tape (poor man's lead tape) @ the 10/2 o'clock hoops anf the 3/9 o'clock hoops. also added some magnetic tape in the trapdoor butt cap.

now....it feels even MORE like a troll stick, static weight speaking. but swings more easily now...and nmowadays, i very rarely complain about finding the sweetspot. :-)

the end. :twisted:

fuzz nation
03-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Strongly recommend that you check into the Prince Hybrid Tour. I've used the 6.1 Classics for a long time and while I found the K95 to be a nice update of that line, I really had a good time with the Prince in a couple of longer outings.

My favorite way to describe the Hybrid Tour is that it's like a ProStaff on a diet (although it has nice heft). TW is selling them for very low dough and I think that they're one of the better all-court frames around - more fun for me from the baseline than my 6.1 Classics.

a_2c+
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
OK. i loooove using my K95 in doubles, since i rely on serve and volleys... and m K95 is a beast of both...

:-)

antgun007
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Okay.....its a simple answer, compared to the older wilson N6.1 95, the K6.1 is crap. You think the K6.1 is a nice/solid racket. You HAVE to try the N6.1. Its even more solid and hitting the sweetspot is a breeze. I picked up two new N6.1 from my local tennis shop and wil never change, unless wilson brought it back. Please try this racket if you can.

AndrewD
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I think they made it too stiff, not head light enough and pushed the swingweight too high. Worst of the 6.1 line, to date.

ckhirnigs113
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
What would you guys say the major differences are between the K6.1 95 and the N6.1 95?

antgun007
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
It seems like the N6.1 is easier to use. even with a miss hit, it is still a solid racket. The k6.1 demands more respect and concentration. the k6.1 just seems out of wack sometimes. It can be a solid racket if wilson QC was 99%. I had 2 k6.1 95 that were about 1 inch apart from each other when testing for HL. had same string and everything. dont get me wrong, if you like the k6.1 and can handle the racket, use it. I thought the k6.1 was the racket of my choice until I got a kblade 98. I love this racket, feels so much more precise than the k6.1. I than got the N6.1, and love this racket as much as my kblade 98. wow, sorry getting off topic. The biggest difference for me between the 2 rackets...confidence and control. I feel so confident that I will make the shot I want to make. and the control from this racket is amazing.

racquetjunkie
03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
I liked it initially with softer strings. Powerful for sure. But I could not use my favorite polys in it as it was just too stiff overall for me. I had 2 and the swingweights were day and night... not impressed with Wilson QC so sold them both.