PDA

View Full Version : Koellerer x Hernandez Video (2005 Buenos Aires Challenger Cup)

Xuxa Kuerten
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Hello there. Maybe some of you don't know this tennis player called Daniel Koellerer (Aka "Crazy Dani"). Nalbandian lost to him last ATP in Acapulco - I've described a few bizarre stories about him in this thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=247441). A brazilian guy who had worked for a TV station has recently uploaded another weird video of Dani. It's part of a press report about his very uncommon behavior: he provokes Oscar Hernandez and does his shows with line line judges. I suggest you to take a look at Hernandez behavior just after winning the match. Have you ever seen anything like that?
This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxeDx8GL0N4 (the main scenes happen at about 2:00). It's in portuguese, but the images speak for themselves.

Rob_C
03-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Thats unbelievable that the ATP, ITF, and the other Nat'l Tennis Federations havent put their foot down and sanctioned this guy.

Maybe he needs to get def'd out of a tournament like Yanine Wickmayer to get a wake up call.

Wonder how he finds practice partners when he's travelling.

Gorecki
03-10-2009, 08:35 AM
i love Oscar's reaction... "hahahaa... you so bad... hahaha..." "dont talk to me.. go home.. your so bad... heheheh"

diegaa
03-10-2009, 08:51 AM
the guy is a completely *****

woodrow1029
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Thats unbelievable that the ATP, ITF, and the other Nat'l Tennis Federations havent put their foot down and sanctioned this guy.

Maybe he needs to get def'd out of a tournament like Yanine Wickmayer to get a wake up call.

He has been suspended in the past.

amx13
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
i love Oscar's reaction... "hahahaa... you so bad... hahaha..." "dont talk to me.. go home.. your so bad... heheheh"

Sadly Hernandez displayed the same classless behavior in that case, its a shame.

l_gonzalez
03-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Sadly Hernandez displayed the same classless behavior in that case, its a shame.

True, but i would have done the same... there's only so much you can take without reacting.

Gorecki
03-10-2009, 09:37 AM

i cannot say i would react differently... would you? (honest question here)

matchmaker
03-10-2009, 09:43 AM

I don't think you can compare Koelerer to Yanina Wickmayer. What happened to her was an unfortunate incident, she is generally speaking not a bad person, but it might be good for her to have been defaulted so she could take the rough edges out of her conduct.

Now, Koelerer is a madman, he shouldn't be allowed on court.

amx13
03-10-2009, 09:51 AM
i cannot say i would react differently... would you? (honest question here)

If I were playing this guy at my club on a weekend, I would probably smash my racquet on his head. But as a pro, you just cant behave in such a way under any circumtances. As annoying and irritating it may get, you should just beat the crap out of him on the court, shake his hand, and go collect your payment check, showing class all the way, even if the other guys doesnt do the same

matchmaker
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM

I actually loved the reaction of Hernandez. In any other case I would condemn it but in this case it's completely justified IMO.

Gorecki
03-10-2009, 09:58 AM
If I were playing this guy at my club on a weekend, I would probably smash my racquet on his head. But as a pro, you just cant behave in such a way under any circumtances. As annoying and irritating it may get, you should just beat the crap out of him on the court, shake his hand, and go collect your payment check, showing class all the way, even if the other guys doesnt do the same

what one should do, i know. and i absolutely agree with you in that point...

but still, how much bs can one stand up when facing such an idiot as Dani el loco... i think you get my point!

knowing me, i really cant condemn Oscar's reaction... not only i would do something similar, i would dance for him (maybe the funky chicken...), and then send him a box of klenexes!:???:

jazar
03-10-2009, 10:53 AM
koellerer's behaviour is bad; he's a real nut. but i have seen similarly bad behaviour from another player a couple of years ago at junior wimbledon. the player in question was william ward of new zealand. he insulted his opponent and a member of the crowd loud enough for everyone to hear, accused the line judges of favoritism at every opportunity and after the match told a friend of mine to f*** off

woodrow1029
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
koellerer's behaviour is bad; he's a real nut. but i have seen similarly bad behaviour from another player a couple of years ago at junior wimbledon. the player in question was william ward of new zealand. he insulted his opponent and a member of the crowd loud enough for everyone to hear, accused the line judges of favoritism at every opportunity and after the match told a friend of mine to f*** off
Will Ward is a nut too. He played for a while at Baylor.

dandaman
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Ya Koellerer is quite the idiot. And even here in Austria he's extremely unpopular.

But Hernandez also seems like an idiot. Come on. This is Professional tennis. He's acting like some kid in a U10 tourny.

I would just ignore the guy. He can complain and talk **** as much as he want's. The Umpires will do their job and stop him. No need to get childish.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
And speaking of that "devil", Koellerer just coming oncourt now against George Bastl at Indian Wells.

thejackal
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
georges bastl? he's still playing tennis?

SaintClaires
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
georges bastl? he's still playing tennis?

Yes he is, at 33 years old.

Koellerer won, by the way. He probably bribed the linesmen with the little prize money he has.

NickC
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
What an *******. I mean, really. What a jerk. If I ever came up against a guy like that in a tournament I'd scream at him after every point I win or I'd just beat him up in the parking lot.

Xuxa Kuerten
03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Some say actually Koellerer acts, as he would behave that way as a some sort of a "showman" to entertain the crowd (and use the bad mood to his own advantage) and to distract the opponent, as if he was a great stage actor. ON that video I've linked above, some say that if he was a real jerk he would attempt to smash Hernandez face; I've also heard he behaves that way with the judges 'till he loses a point (and then starts to behave "normally"). I don't know. I don't think he's funny at all on court, and it's quite hard to believe he would be a nice guy off court.

Jonny S&V
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
The worst part is that he's right-handed. If you've noticed, the crazier tennis characters (McEnroe, Connors, Tarango, Ivanisevic, et al.) were all left-handed. Imagine if Koellerer was left-handed?

woodrow1029
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Some say actually Koellerer acts, as he would behave that way as a some sort of a "showman" to entertain the crowd (and use the bad mood to his own advantage) and to distract the opponent, as if he was a great stage actor. ON that video I've linked above, some say that if he was a real jerk he would attempt to smash Hernandez face; I've also heard he behaves that way with the judges 'till he loses a point (and then starts to behave "normally"). I don't know. I don't think he's funny at all on court, and it's quite hard to believe he would be a nice guy off court.
It's true. He very rarely makes personal comments or anything like that. I have chaired several of his matches, and have given him SEVERAL time violations and code violations. But it's mainly stuff that he does to get into the umpires' and opponents' heads. Distraction type things.

Xuxa Kuerten
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
It's true. He very rarely makes personal comments or anything like that. I have chaired several of his matches, and have given him SEVERAL time violations and code violations. But it's mainly stuff that he does to get into the umpires' and opponents' heads. Distraction type things.

So is it all "scenic"? How far did he go on those matches under your rule?

adlis
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
ha now i know why roddick shouted f*ck you to Koellerer after the match.

roddickfan90
03-17-2009, 06:41 AM
i know someone punched him in the face

blackfrido
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfqp8QEsrds&feature=related

KrossKourt
10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
tennis doesn't need an evil happy gilmore