PDA

View Full Version : The [K] in Wilson [K]obra really stands for [K]opy.

King of Aces
03-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Wilson [K]obra is really just a [K]opy of a Babolat Aero racquet. Wilson didnt even bother to think of an original paint scheme!

Playtester comments: “Plays like a Babolat Aero racquet”; “Does what you want 95 percent of the time”; “Stable on off-center hits”; “A little too much pop to bang it out on the baseline all day.” www.tennis.com

Blade0324
03-09-2009, 06:32 AM
I find it interesting that the playtester thought it played like the Babalot stick. I tried this one out and found it to look like the Aero Pro but hit nothing like it.
The Kobra was very cheap and flimsy feeling and really did nothing well.

martini1
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I held the Kobra in my hand more than a few times. The cut out design (on the throat) really makes it look like it can break easily in the bag.

ollinger
03-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Seems like every time a new racquet comes out, someone says it's a Babolat clone! The Wilson is heavier, vastly more flexible and has a much lower SW than the Aero. Clone???

King of Aces
03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Seems like every time a new racquet comes out, someone says it's a Babolat clone! The Wilson is heavier, vastly more flexible and has a much lower SW than the Aero. Clone???

This was not "someone" it was Tennis magazine!

psp2
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM

I fully agree. The Kobra is way too flexible and feels like Krap.

crappyBackHand
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
companies have always been cloning off each other most of the time its not noticeable but some are hilariously noticeable like the [k]obra.

i see it in the k blade 98 which is similar to head radical

A_Instead
03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I just got a Kobra Tour and IMO wasn't to bad. I prefered the flex compared to the APDC. To each is own I guess.

Blade0324
03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry I was talking about the Kobra Tour in my post above. I have not tried the one with the FX technology. I have tried a couple other of those with no liking there either.

NoNameZ
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
yup, they do it for competition and people who love a certain brand. we could theoretically create a thread consisting of rackets and their "clones" in other brands. lol

King of Aces
03-10-2009, 05:52 AM
yup, they do it for competition and people who love a certain brand. we could theoretically create a thread consisting of rackets and their "clones" in other brands. lol

Thats a good idea. Why dont you?

barry
03-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I tried both the Kobra and the Aero. Did not like either one, but the Wilson is more flexible, deader, and uglier. They are not the same rackets; neither was close in performance to a Kblade, so I am passed on both.

Leoboomanu
03-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Maybe they're trying to buyout Nadal...

Just a thought...:twisted:

mdjenders
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
I really dont understand what wilson was going for on the kobra tour. i mean, if their aim was a more arm friendly aero pro drive, they didnt have to drop fhe stiffness quite so low, plus the grip pallet is shorter than most other racquets, which is really silly.

A_Instead
03-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, The grip is short. seems old school. So does the fat beam.
The korbra tour hits alot like the Kpro Open. But better IMO.