PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Catapult 10 V Engine - Anyone played with it?

NoMansLandPlayer
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
specs look interesting, anyone played with it... a little like a POG O/S. I am assuming this is a older racquet that was bought on surplus by TW.

Since no demo, anyone have the pleasure of trying one out? Does it have any control? Does it have that plush feel of the Cat 8 VE?

Thanks.

NickC
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
My sister's ex used a few of these. I hit with it a couple of times strung with Polystar Energy 1.25 at 55 pounds. It felt weird, it was nice but at the time I didn't really like it. My opinions and skills have since changed (for the better). I haven't hit with a Volkl in a while so I don't really know.

jayserinos99
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I owned a few I bought off of someone from these boards. I think it did have a pretty plush feel like the Cat 8VE but in a heavier package. It wasn't the point and shoot volley frame like the Cat 8 VE was, but from the ground it hit a much heavier ball. I remember hitting a flatter trajectory ball as well. My Cat 10 VEs were strung with Polyfibre TCS mains and either syn or multi crosses at around the 55-60 tension range.