PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Radical

Liv3 For It
03-09-2009, 04:58 PM
How is the Head MG Radical? Nearly every teen in my town has it, and the ones that have it are very good. Like around 5.0, you know what i mean, they're good.

Anyways, they all this raquet, I think that is the the MG Radical Pro.

Does anyone have this racquet and how is it? I am now thinking of buying one.

reesespiecestennis
03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
The radical midplus is nice, just too light and I'm not that strong either. It was like swinging a twig. The radical pro feels a lot heaver but I didn't like it on serve at all.

NovakWannabe
03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree it is kinda light, but for me, it's a manageable weight. I can play with a Prince Pro Oversize, ~12.5 oz, and though I play well with it, I feel that it's a tad sluggish for me. Anyway, if you're switching from the Liquidmetal Radical, you'll find that the Microgel is a little more maneuverable all around. (For me anyway) It's a better racquet all-around IMO. I demoed both side by side before I chose the Microgel. Some posters here will say that the sweetspot is tiny, but with the right strings and right technique, it's an amazing racquet. And I'm no "5.0" as you say. My coach rates me around a 3.5, so you don't have to be a Godly junior to play with this either. Lastly, another racquet I suggest you demo is the Dunlop Aerogel or 4D 300. I feel it's very similar to the Radical, though it has a 16x19 string pattern.

rxblitzrx
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
why doesn't anyone use the oversize version? i'd love to hear opinions on that.