PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Serena - JJ

predrag
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, I do not know if spoiler is really needed.
Serena withdrew with shoulder injury, complaining about balls.

Does anybody have a clue which balls is she using?

Regards, Predrag

fantom
03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I believe that she complained about Tretorn balls. It's funny, when I read the Yahoo news article earlier it mentioned this, but now I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if they changed the article text.

wildbill88AA
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
it is interesting to note the score when she quit:

Serena Williams (news) quit her Dubai Open semi-final with an arm injury Friday while trailing Serbia's Jelena Jankovic (news) 6-0, 4-3.

voltman
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Has Serena ever lost? Or does she just WD when it's inevitable?

LafayetteHitter
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
That's a new one, it's the balls fault.....

Haka Boy
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Serena doesnt possess the ability to be humble, never has and never will. Her oversized ego just doesnt allow for any thoughts that her opponents could actually play better than her. When all else fails, "I feel an injury coming on"............

HookEmJeff
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Sharapova said the same thing at that Philadelphia tournament the week before the Year End Championships last year, and pulled out of a semifinal I think it was citing the heavy Trethorns.
I think Serena is just *borrowing* her excuse. As far as Serena actually losing, I don't think that's ever happened. Not in her mind. Think she woulda quit if it was the US Open? Nah. She got her appearance money, got some points and she's gone. Time to get prepared for Key Biscayne now. She won't play in that Pacific Life event. Not after the alleged "late withdrawal" of a few years ago. I bet Charlie Pasarell is still steaming over that.

Jeff

barry
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Whenever she loses it is either I did not play well, or I am injuried, this time it was the balls! Someone needs to give her some cheese to go with that Whine!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-dubaiwomensopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lets face it, she can't play 10 tournamnets a year like most on the tour, always injuried.

Ronaldo
03-04-2005, 06:16 PM
She looked like that court was the last place on earth she wanted to be. She just did not know it was her b-day and JJ was giving out those 24 licks

big ted
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
how come serenas opponents never call her out on her timely "injuries" during the postmatch interviews i dont get it

voltman
03-04-2005, 11:03 PM
how come serenas opponents never call her out on her timely "injuries" during the postmatch interviews i dont get it

They don't want to be called racist.

Marius_Hancu
03-05-2005, 09:35 AM
The Tretorn balls and the WTA

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=afp-tennisuaeusawilliams&prov=afp&type=lgns

funny thing, I don't remember seeing Tretorn balls lately in shops around Montreal, perhaps they are familiar in other places.

Serena might have a point in that testing balls in match situations is different from testing them in less strainful situations. still the played all the matches until the final, didn't complain until then.

Jack Romeo
03-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Jankovic did say that she noticed Serena had a problem because she was serving uncharacteristically weak. Jelena also said she was disappointed that they couldn't have a real competitive match. She knew she was dominating because Williams was injured.

nkhera1
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Williams gets injured when ever she is losing and if she wins its because she is a comptitor, if she loses its because she was injured.

Marius_Hancu
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Jankovic did say that she noticed Serena had a problem because she was serving uncharacteristically weak. Jelena also said she was disappointed that they couldn't have a real competitive match. She knew she was dominating because Williams was injured.

Well, she played quite well today in the final.

Chadwixx
03-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Williams gets injured when ever she is losing and if she wins its because she is a comptitor, if she loses its because she was injured.

the fans that follow her are so stupid they actually buy it.

she acts like a little kid, she needs to realize an excuse is an excuse, it doesnt change anything, just her own twisted perception of what happend.