PDA

View Full Version : New Head technology

Tennis_Freak
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I got to hit with 2 new Head prototype racquets and they were blacked out. One was a Djokovic model and one was Radical Pro with a 16X19 string pattern. The Djokovic model I hit with was around 11 ounces, but Djokovic's racquet actually weighs around 12 ounces. It was a 98 Sq" racquet and It felt like a combination of a Microgel and a new dampening technology, as I was told so. The racquet felt smooth but I just wasn't used to the light weight so I didn't partcularly like it. Only spent about 5 minutes hitting with it so I can't say anything else about these two racquets other than Head developed a new dampening technology. And did this without taking the feel of the ball away.

SORRY NO PICS...

MarrratSafin
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Useful information, thanks. How does the Djoker racquet swing, is it very head light? At 11oz I think it is a lighter version of Djoker's stick.

lawlitssoo1n
03-10-2009, 03:25 PM
sounds like an improved cortex?
haha

Pro_Tour_630
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
So head decided (bending backwards again for us) to improve on the MGprestige MP (PT630) mold to make it more like a PT630 by using new dampening material, I guess Twaron (6% found in the PT630) is too expensive these days, so much for the PT630 being obsolete and undesirable:) If the PT630 was nothing special why is HEAD going to all four corners of the world to get us a frame that feels like a PT630, am i out of line here:confused:

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
nice!!!
hey since there is so much talk about novaks racket
does that mean they discontinued the prestige line
i really hope thats not the case
which also reminds me
novak came from a 93 inch racket
so why doesn't novak use the head prestige line
its 93 too
damn im asking too many questions my bad

matchmaker
03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
nice!!!
which also reminds me
its 93 too

For one, Novak never played with a 93 sq. inch racquet. He used a custom mold made specially for him and based more particularly on the PT630 he used to play with when still under contract with Head. His frame was 98 s.i.

In a way him coming back to Head is quite normal as he played with Head in the beginning of his carreer.

Fliparoni
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
nice!!!
which also reminds me
its 93 too

I highly doubt that Head would ever flat out cancel the Prestige line. It's one of their heritage frames I think.

NoNameZ
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
lol, thanks for the quick review. i believe i saw a thread with the posted pics and specs of the new djoker racket. can't wait.

Tennis_Freak
03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
awesome, and yes 11oz would be the lighter version of the djoker stick. hmm i'm guessing the actual djokovic racquet would be anywhere from 9pts-6pts head light. Just a guess though.

NickC
03-14-2009, 08:41 PM
nice!!!
which also reminds me
its 93 too

Novak came from a 98' with Head, the same frame with Wilson, and a 99.99% similar frame now with Head. Head won't cancel the Prestige line, they would get no respect from the tennis community for that. And the Prestige has a 89.3' head, not a 93. It's measured differently.

. He used a custom mold made specially for him and based more particularly on the PT630 he used to play with when still under contract with Head.

Completely false. He used a real LM Radical. It was well documented. After moving to Wilson, he used the same frame but without the LM ridges and other Head-specific parts (bumper guard, etc...) and that was that. Nothing more.

His frame was 98 s.i.

You do know why the number 630 is in the name of the PT630, right? If anything it would be the 660.