PDA

View Full Version : federer's hair cut

lendl lives
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
federer is my favorite player. though my game is more similar to safins; my next favorite player.

i often watch tape of federer's matches. i've watched the AO safin final about 5 times. it seems that there was something different about him. his mannerisms at times could be characterized as feminen. the way he tossed his hair, slumped his shoulders, and leaned his head back. he looked a bit like a prince. now contrast that with tape i have of him when he had his hair slicked back. mind you i don't have much of this old stuff left, but federer looks like a different guy, tougher; meaner more intimidating....his shoulders are are up and he's got that tough guy strutt going.

my vote is for fed to go back to his old hair style. a guy like safin feeds on any sign of weakness. my guess is fed would have pulled out that match point with the old hair style.

anyone remember in psych 101 those studies that showed people behaved the way the were dressed/looked????

Marius_Hancu
03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
should post this to his site he might listen to you:-)

kobun
03-04-2005, 03:29 PM
ding ding ding! you got it.

Exactly why he will be #2.

Pushmaster
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
It looks like he's sporting a shorter hairstyle these days, gone is the ponytail, but the bandana remains. I find him somewhat annoying with all that feminin primping and preening he does with his hair and those head movements inbetween points, but he certainly is a joy to watch once the points get started.

lendl lives
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
i wonder if fed notices this. i posted on his site a while ago. it doesn't look like he responds to questions much.

lendl lives
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
have you seen the way safin stares down people at the handshake. i saw this one pic of him mad dogging agassi at the handshake.

VashTheStampede
03-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I noticed it too. He's constantly stroking his hair while walking in between points. I like this look better, but only if he stops stroking his hair like that.

Superior_Forehand
03-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I think his new hair looks cool with the bandana

ragnaROK
03-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Personally I preferred the old hairstyle on him. I thought it fit his personality better. This rough cut ruggedness now just ain't working for him.

VamosRafa
03-04-2005, 11:47 PM
The new cut is great for him. He should stick with it.

At the Houston Masters I asked him about it, and he even said he may go shorter. Which I don't think would be a great move. In any event here's our discussion on it:

Q. Your fans have been very complimentary of your hair. They were very happy with your new haircut.

ROGER FEDERER: Oh, they are (smiling)?

Q. Did you do it for a photo shoot or something?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I didn't do it for a photo shoot at all, no. I cut my hair in Toronto a few months ago, and it was already a bit shorter. Then I couldn't tie it up all the way anymore, so I thought, you know, might as well just cut it a little bit more. And who knows, you know, in a couple of weeks, months, I might go even shorter. But I didn't want to go radical all the way, so I just went step by step - same in a tournament (smiling).

Full interview:

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004houston/111504RF.html

hyperwarrior
03-05-2005, 12:45 AM

At the Houston Masters I asked him about it, and he even said he may go shorter. Which I don't think would be a great move. In any event here's our discussion on it:

Full interview:

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004houston/111504RF.html
you're a journalist?

VamosRafa
03-05-2005, 01:12 AM
At times.

I mainly work as a lawyer, and do the Nadal site. But I also do a bit of tennis writing.

And I have a good recall of the questions I am able to ask of players. :-)

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 01:58 AM

No he shouldn't. IMO it looks like crap, I absolutely hate it. To me he looks a lot better with his hair back.

VamosRafa
03-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Then tell him. That's what I would do.

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Whatever, I guess I could.

**Where on earth am I supposed to tell him? I am looking at his message board and it really has nowhere to post it.**

VamosRafa
03-05-2005, 02:24 AM
His board is the way to go, certainly.

I will see him at IW, and I would pass on your message except I don't agree with it, or want to ask him about it.

But perhaps others will. :-)

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 02:40 AM
But where on his board? There is no place to post comments that don't have to do with his site. And you can still tell him what I said just tell him that you don't agree with it though. You know what, tell him to come to the board so he can see what people are saying about his hair. And then we can put on the one thread about pros coming to the board that pros do come here. A pro anyway.