PDA

View Full Version : Indian Well qualifiers

Racer41c
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Do you know any of these guys? I see a whole bunch of names from the US I'm not familiar with: Robert Kendrick, Kevin Kim, Sam Warburg, Jesse Levine to name a few.

thejackal
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Robert Kendrick: big serve, big backhand, forehand can be somewhat streaky, likes to charge the net - plays a lot like mardy fish IMO. Biggest match was 2R Wimbledon in 06 where he a couple of points from beating Nadal.

Kevin Kim: Very smooth game, good serve for a smaller guy, nice 1h backhand

Sam Warburg: not a huge fan of his game, run of the mill hardcourt player with a better 2hbh than forehand

Jesse Levine: think he practiced with Fed a couple of times 2 years ago. Lefty, otherwise I dont know much about his game

Bottle Rocket
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Sam Warburg: not a huge fan of his game, run of the mill hardcourt player with a better 2hbh than forehand

I saw this guy live a few times in KC playing WTT. He had a very memorable match against Dusan Vemic that everyone really enjoyed. The crowd wasn't rooting for him, and he just seemed to fall apart.

I thought he was known for his serve? He also has decent volleys.

He seemed to have a decent game, maybe "run of the mill" as you mentioned. I doubt he does much damage. I guess he's your typical player ranked between 100 and 200 in the world. There is just too much competition at that level and he doesn't have a mental edge or the game to break through. I do, however, enjoy watching him.

Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iei7nWYW_XE

Leublu tennis
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
This should probably be in a different section. Match Results.

ScovilleJenkins
03-10-2009, 05:22 PM
i think i watched warburg practice with federer last year during the us open qualies...not sure if it was him or not though...all he did was hit backhand approaches to federer's backhand for about half hour

oneguy21
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
i think i watched warburg practice with federer last year during the us open qualies...not sure if it was him or not though...all he did was hit backhand approaches to federer's backhand for about half hour

Are you the real Scoville Jenkins?

ScovilleJenkins
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM

haha no unfortunately i am not, but I love the name

SaintClaires
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM

The way you asked that, I would have figured that Scoville Jenkins is the equivalent of Roger Federer. I'm sure not that many people know who Jenkins is.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
The way you asked that, I would have figured that Scoville Jenkins is the equivalent of Roger Federer. I'm sure not that many people know who Jenkins is.

This is a tennis forum board with many knowledgeable posters who actively follow the game of tennis daily if not just weekly and by popular tournaments. So yes, we know who Scoville Jenkins is, as well as many other names who are not averagely known to non-tennis forum board users. Just because you don't have dozens of people popping out to reply on a thread is not because they don't know who the people mentioned on the thread are.