View Full Version : Pete Bodo on Federer&Cahill

koalakoala
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Here is the link

http://www.peterbodostennisworld.com/

The Gilded Cage

marc45
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
just read it and was going to post it myself...great stuff, everbody should read it..another bodo psychological analysis of fed's head....bodo labels him a "control freak"...i'm sure that will get everybody going here, plus more comparisons to bodo's recent subject pete sampras and his coaching situation...also, fed not quite as popular back home at the moment, it wasn't just the folks in birmingham that were disappointed with the davis cup pullout.....let's discuss.......p.s. mirka is "the gatekeeper"

rubberduckies
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Why does he have his own url when it's just part of the tennis.com site?

bolo
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
sorry marc45 but that was an amazing amount of words with almost no real information.

that sucked!

marc45
03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
sorry marc45 but that was an amazing amount of words with almost no real information.

that sucked!at first i thought you meant my words:), but i guess you mean bodo's article...it was definitely an opinion piece, no doubt about that, but some intriguing thoughts to me.....bodo hinted strongly that he did have real sources that provided the information on which he based his opinons, not to mention his own massive experience and connection to the game...sorry you didn't like it, i didn't mean to waste your time, but i think most people here will, giving that the number 1 discussion point sure seems to be rafa vs. fed and all the ramifications of the rivalry and their chases to history.....part of that is certainly state of mind, it's such a mental game, not just x's and o's....as there's little information coming from camp fed, about cahill or anything i think bodo just went ahead and read into it with some objective and subjective thinking

bolo
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
at first i thought you meant my words:), but i guess you mean bodo's article...it was definitely an opinion piece, no doubt about that, but some intriguing thoughts to me.....bodo hinted strongly that he did have real sources that provided the information on which he based his opinons, not to mention his own massive experience and connection to the game...sorry you didn't like it, i didn't mean to waste your time, but i think most people here will, giving that the number 1 discussion point sure seems to be rafa vs. fed and all the ramifications of the rivalry and their chases to history.....part of that is certainly state of mind, it's such a mental game, not just x's and o's....as there's little information coming from camp fed, about cahill or anything i think bodo just went ahead and read into it with some objective and subjective thinking

yes, definitely bodo's words, not yours. :)

OddJack
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for posting this. Interesting read.

Like I said in the other thread, if Cahill accepted it, it means he thinks he has the answer which is good and I think he does.

I disagree with the part where bodo quotes someone saying point construction will not work with Roger and then concludes this is not the best team up.
She is assuming, wrongly, that Cahill is taking Roger back to basics and then concludes that it will not work.

Cahill is not taking him back to basics. He is coming in with a plan for a whole match with a bigger picture in mind and not too much details about the basics of shot making and the likes.

At least that's what make sense to me.

CyBorg
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
bodo hinted strongly that he did have real sources that provided the information on which he based his opinons

LOL

Right.

marc45
03-10-2009, 05:59 PM
LOL

Right.
why would you doubt that?...he stated that some people didn't want to be named in fear of alienating fed...i think that alone is pretty interesting

koalakoala
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Bodo, whether he likes Federer or not, seems to find Federer intriguing. He devoted his first article after A02009 final to Roger rather than to Nadal. When questioned by Nadal fans, his explanation was "because I think about Federer more". IMHO, Bodo has been thinking about Roger all the time since AO, no less than I think about Roger :)

This article is another thinking piece. If you are trying to find breaking news, you will be disappointed. Food for thought? Good read.

koalakoala
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Bodo indicated Federer faked mono and back injury in his earlier articles.

T1000
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
great article, thanks for the link

koalakoala
03-10-2009, 07:06 PM
just read it and was going to post it myself...great stuff, everbody should read it..another bodo psychological analysis of fed's head....bodo labels him a "control freak"...i'm sure that will get everybody going here, plus more comparisons to bodo's recent subject pete sampras and his coaching situation...also, fed not quite as popular back home at the moment, it wasn't just the folks in birmingham that were disappointed with the davis cup pullout.....let's discuss.......p.s. mirka is "the gatekeeper"

I suspect Bodo is using his American mindset to gauge Swiss media. Swiss are far more relaxed about patriotism, IMHO.