PDA

View Full Version : Prince warrior or graphite mp

Dot
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Looking for thoughts...I'm a high 4.5 /5.0 player 43 getting fit again. Looking to switch back to "older school" rackets prince warrior tt midplus or prince graphite...Really hate the feel of newer rackets. Have a bit of an arm/elbow problem. Any suggestions on these two rackets? PS i play an attacking game try to in to the net as soon as i can...

mdjenders
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
if you have an arm/elbow problem, i would stay away from the prince graphite 93. it is very stiff, and with the leather grip, you really feel the vibrations.

if you like a more old school solid, comfortable feel, i would try out the fischer m pro 1 98 ul. it is a very nice player's racquet, volleys well, and is easy on the arm for sure!

Dot
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
if you have an arm/elbow problem, i would stay away from the prince graphite 93. it is very stiff, and with the leather grip, you really feel the vibrations.

if you like a more old school solid, comfortable feel, i would try out the fischer m pro 1 98 ul. it is a very nice player's racquet, volleys well, and is easy on the arm for sure!

I had a friend use these never really considered fisher always played head or prince but might give them a try! thanks

akoni
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
i've played with both the pogs and tt warrior and although very different, they are both exceptional racquets. i wouldn't classify the warrior as old school, but it does have great feel and is a solid racquet for a serve and volleyer. the pog is a groundstroke machine, but way more brutal on the arm and more demanding physically compared to the warrior.

jmjmkim
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
i've played with both the pogs and tt warrior and although very different, they are both exceptional racquets. i wouldn't classify the warrior as old school, but it does have great feel and is a solid racquet for a serve and volleyer. the pog is a groundstroke machine, but way more brutal on the arm and more demanding physically compared to the warrior.

I agree. The Original Graphite is rather brutal. I used the 110, which is easier than the mid, but still. I never liked the thicker frames before, but now I like them. I have the Prince Hybrid Spectrum 110. It's rather light, but I love it. I gotta remember to slow down on the one hand backhand, as I tend to unwind it too fast, but I have not had any arm pains. By the specifications, the TT Warrior looks like a racket that I would like. I always liked white colored rackets, ever since the Prince Ceramics hit the market some, long time ago.

AndrewD
03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
My opinion differs quite markedly. I've used the POG Mid for extended periods of time in competition play (and while playing 3-4 times per week) and never had the slightest problem with arm or shoulder trouble. Yes, it is a stiff racquet BUT it is one of those frames which belies the specs. The only consideration I have is that the sweetspot isn't overly large.

The Warrior MP, on the other hand, did cause me some shoulder trouble. The reason being that I was having to overswing in order to generate weight on my shots. It just felt too much like a toy, even with weight added.

Another issue. The Warrior MP is given a 67 rating for stiffness but that number is only derived from testing one section of the frame. As a result, the upper hoop is a lot softer than a rating of 67 would indicate. That gives you a bit of touch but robs you of velocity on your serve (I think Granville mentioned that during the review).

Lsmkenpo
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I would choose the TT Warrior, given your style of play and condition between the two. Also would suggest giving a Volkl C10 pro a demo, old school feel , easy on the arm, and a great all- court racquet.

louis netman
03-10-2009, 11:26 PM
At 43 with arm issues, I wouldn't screw around with anything over 64RA and less than 12oz. I have pondered this for the last two or three years... My Precision Response Ti's are wonderful weapons and do the most damage to opponents, but also do the same to my arm. I decided to play my old custom Volkl Tour 10 MPs and at the end of the day, I can still play. Try Volkl or Fischer as these companies engineer arm safety into their frames. Pro Kennex Kinetic is also great for arm safety, but a little different feel...

MrBen
03-11-2009, 02:06 AM
I would say the Prince TT Warrior.

TripleB
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Looking for thoughts...I'm a high 4.5 /5.0 player 43 getting fit again. Looking to switch back to "older school" rackets prince warrior tt midplus or prince graphite...Really hate the feel of newer rackets. Have a bit of an arm/elbow problem. Any suggestions on these two rackets? PS i play an attacking game try to in to the net as soon as i can...

The Prince Original Graphite Mid is easier on the arm because of the extra weight. I own both and have played both for an extended amount of time.

I'm currently using the Warrior MP because it's easier to use at the net in doubles. Typically when I play singles I use the POG mid.

I can get away with poly in the Graphite but not in the Warrior...too hard on the arm.

TripleB

swedechris
03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Fischer Mspeed pro no 1 in the Ul version is a nice bat. soft but not weak nor torque prone.

puck1230
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Despite the similar stiffness rating, I feel like the POG is stiffer and more predictable. That said, I am a POG user.

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
prince warrior is great at spin shots
but if your a flat hitter or don't really depend on spin shots
go with the pog midplus

akoni
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
prince warrior is great at spin shots
but if your a flat hitter or don't really depend on spin shots
go with the pog midplus

:confused:

i think you have them mixed up. the pog is a spin machine while the tt warrior isn't.

logansc
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I think they're both pretty good at what they do, it just depends on your preference for weight. Also I would venture to reccomment the C10 Pro. It has a very old school feel, has the midplus head and is very nice to the elbow/shoulder.

The_Question
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, I don't have either one, but I have their similar, if not, original produt, POG 83' OS and CTS Response OS. Both are decent with spin...

Dot
03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I think they're both pretty good at what they do, it just depends on your preference for weight. Also I would venture to reccommend the C10 Pro. It has a very old school feel, has the midplus head and is very nice to the elbow/shoulder.
hi I had a chance to try the c 10 and these actually might be the solution! thanks for the great suggestion!

logansc
03-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Dot, I'm glad you were able to, it's a gem of a racquet and I hope they never quit making it!

TripleB
03-13-2009, 06:02 PM
TT Warrior,
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTW.html (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTW.html) , has a stiffness rating of 67.

Prince Original Graphite Mid,
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-GROMS.html (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-GROMS.html) , has a stiffness rating of 66.

With the extra weight the POG Mid definately plays more flexy than the TT Warrior.

Both offer excellent spin but the POG Mid is unmatched for spin. As mentioned before, the Warrior will cause arm problems, I doubt the POG Mid ever would. I've tried the POG Mid with an all poly set up and it never even felt like it would hurt the joints or arm. Just a solid feeling racquet.

Warrior, although I currently use it for dubs, has caused me problems in the past. Now I have it strung pretty low with a multi-filament string.

TripleB