PDA

View Full Version : Völkl Catapult 10 V-engine opinions/reviews ?

spinbalz
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Anyone tried it? If yes, please share with us your impressions, and if you can compare it to other racquets it would be great also.

How about the control, power, spin, stability, sweetspot size, and predictability of the stringbed response?

Would it be good for a 16 years old 4.5 player who doesn't have yet an adult body/strength, and who hits his forehand with big topspin, his backand pretty flat and like to mix it with slice? He also likes to serves fast flat first serves, and put as much spin (slice or kick) as he can on the second serves, he also likes to rush the net so he would like good feel/maneuverability and put away power on the volleys. He uses the Quantum V1 Midplus since 3 years, but he doesn't like it anymore, he wants more control and a more solid feel at impact, but he feels that the heavy small headed players racquets are too demanding for him.

spinbalz
03-04-2005, 02:47 PM
He tried the Pure drive and Aeroprodrive, and he hated the Pure Drive, while he found the Aeropro Drive pretty good but not yet great.

Serve-And-Volley
03-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I use the Cat 10 and it is a great racquet. I am a 14 yr old, serve and volley, 4.5 player, just to tell you and I have liked the results. It works well with topspin or any shot for that matter, it suits to anyones game and is still very much a players racquet. I would suggest it to anyone, looking to find good control and consistency.