PDA

View Full Version : Can Wilson's kps break andy roddicks serve?

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
i was doing some search on the k Prostaff when i realized that the stick has a greater swingweight than most rackets (including the pure drive)
but of course thats not it
i also notice that the kps is way more powerful than the pure drive roddick
though the kps might not have a bigger head sizes, or be as stiff, with its tremendous power, do you think it can serve more than 155 mph, an dbeat roddick?

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 10:00 AM
like what i mean by it is what if andy picked up the kps and did the same motion as his pure drive
do you think he can break his original record?
or can someone else use the kps's power to there advangate and break roddicks 155 mph serve

sureshs
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Can he swing it that fast?

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 10:24 AM
i dunno im guessing if the roddick plus and the kps have a very similar swing weight ,then he can

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
i dunno i thought i would be an intresting comparasion
since the kps is more powerfull than the babolat,
but doesn't have the same features as the babolat pure drive
sorry i wasted your time V_V

gymrat76
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I played with a PDR (alu rough 63lbs) and now got a KPS.

KPS is unlike anything from the Pro Staff family, I found it to be extremely powerful (Klip gut 65lbs x poly crosses 60lbs) compared to my San Vincent PS 85s.

I have not played extensively w/ the KPS, but my opinion is that it is so powerful -which is NOT good for my game.

matchmaker
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM

KPS is unlike anything from the Pro Staff family, I found it to be extremely powerful (Klip gut 65lbs x poly crosses 60lbs) compared to my San Vincent PS 85s.

I have not played extensively w/ the KPS, but my opinion is that it is so powerful -which is NOT good for my game.

You should playtest it more and keep us posted. Maybe a change in swing trajectory and launch angle might lead to a better control and using all that power to be aggressive. I only find power a problem when I feel the frame does not grip the ball well. When I feel it does, it is only a matter of practice and swing adaptation to bring down those floaters and change them into winners.

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM

yeah thats what i experienced too
its a pretty powerful racket
how were your serves
were they more powerful?
mine were, but with a cost
got my arm tired

klementine79
03-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm under the assumption that what makes the PDR so powerful is the beam width and stiffness. Ofcousre swingweight and balance have a major role in power, but those can be altered by the player.

I made the mistake of stringing up the k88demo at 52lbs. with multis,thinking that it would be an underpowered frame, way too much power with that set-up. Next with a co-poly, pacific xforce at 60lbs. (by the way--aesthetics were just too pleasing to the eye with that string in) and really found to reign in the power.

It was just a two week demo. Did not end up switching.

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm under the assumption that what makes the PDR so powerful is the beam width and stiffness. Ofcousre swingweight and balance have a major role in power, but those can be altered by the player.

I made the mistake of stringing up the k88demo at 52lbs. with multis,thinking that it would be an underpowered frame, way too much power with that set-up. Next with a co-poly, pacific xforce at 60lbs. (by the way--aesthetics were just too pleasing to the eye with that string in) and really found to reign in the power.

It was just a two week demo. Did not end up switching.

yeah thats what i thought too
the kps is like the prostaff on steroids
the only upside is that power is so awesome making fast forehand strokes
especially shooting it so fast on the opposite side and they look like you just shot a bullet

imalil2gangsta4u
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
roddick hitting a 156 with a kps would be great to see lol

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
maybe then again it woldn't be like him
it would be kinda cool
but just wouldn't be roddick

NoNameZ
03-11-2009, 08:01 PM
YES IT CAN!!! haha, with the swingweight being similar, all that extra weight's gonna pack a punch! :)

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-12-2009, 06:45 AM
YES IT CAN!!! haha, with the swingweight being similar, all that extra weight's gonna pack a punch! :)

Yeah thas what im thinking too
maybe we should wait 5 years til we see another pro with the kps
i bet he will break roddicks serve