PDA

View Full Version : Agassi said the F word on live TV

joeman957
03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
During his Davis Cup match against Ljubicic (sp?) Agassi said the F word during his complaint with the Umpire on live TV. Didn't know Agassi was a potty mouth, haha. What do you guys think? I think he had a good reason to be mad.

USCfan
03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
That's terrible... I hope Jaden Gill didn't have to hear it.

HookEmJeff
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
During his Davis Cup match against Ljubicic (sp?) Agassi said the F word during his complaint with the Umpire on live TV. Didn't know Agassi was a potty mouth, haha. What do you guys think? I think he had a good reason to be mad.

That's because Agassi was playing f'n horribly. He shoulda been tossing those f-bombs at his own play, which was awful - especially blowing that second set. One questionable call two sets and a break down doesn't mean that much.
He also could save an f-bomb or two for PMac, whose selection of that slow, high-bouncing court was pretty dumb. That Home Depot Center court played like a clay surface today, and that's not Andre's best surface by a long shot anymore. That court was *really* slow, too slow in fact in my opinion.

Jeff

dAgEnIuS
03-04-2005, 04:58 PM
anybody else see it???
i find it very hard to believe...

christo
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Andre , like most players, is an absolute Prince when he's winning, but when he's losing badly, look out!

ibemadskillzz
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
yes he said the F word to Ump Graf. He also said the other f word too. the other f word is compromised of f, then the letter a, then the letter g.

Datacipher
03-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I guess you guys are probably too young to know it, but he used to use it quite a bit in the early 90's. Fined at times for it.

John Feinstein once wrote that the F word was Agassi's favorite word on court.

Ronaldo
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
ibedroppinfbombsallnitelong, at least he kept the L's to hisself

Rabbit
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing him play at the tournament in California, the one Barry McKay runs. Agassi had several calls go against him from one linesman....he made reference to the guy with the "P" word. The guy gets up, runs over to the chair, and reports Agassi. I think that one cost him a game.

Hey, it's professional sports. Tennis may be wild compared to golf, but I would think it tame along side the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB.

ibemadskillzz
03-04-2005, 06:26 PM
what's a P word?

paddyslad
03-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I like Patrick, but why would you chose that court. The ball was digging into the court. He might has well played this Davis Cup match in Spain again. It was slow as hell out there!

Last year he played Mardy Fish instead of Vince Spadea in Spain. We would have been celebrating a Davis Cup win.

I think it is time for Dean Goldfine and or Brad Gilbert to be considered for Davis Cup captain.

Brad will probably never get the chance because Roddick split with him. Give Deano a chance.

He could do any worse than P-Mac.

snowpuppy
03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
what's a P word?

p and then huck

Pushmaster
03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Big ****ing deal.

Prince_of_Tennis
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Yah you swear you haven't cursed...So what he is freakin' HUMAN!!!!

FLAG3264
03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
gENIUS,

Yeah, I saw and heard it. I have to agree with Jeff, Andre played pretty bad today. He had a few good runs like in the second set to 5-2 but then blew it. I heard them say that this slow court was setup for Roddick. It was almost as slow as clay! Got to hand it to Lub though he certainly is off to a great start this year.

SocalTennis
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Chill out guys, who's in here had never said an F word as least once during a match. Agassi is a human being like us, not god. No one remember all the great things and charities he has done, and one little F word, people started B!tching already.

As of Andre playing bad today, well, is there a person on this board that haven't had a crappy day? damn people, leave him alone.

jeebeesus
03-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Chill out guys, who's in here had never said an F word as least once during a match. Agassi is a human being like us, not god. No one remember all the great things and charities he has done, and one little F word, people started B!tching already.

As of Andre playing bad today, well, is there a person on this board that haven't had a crappy day? damn people, leave him alone.

Yup that`s right, let he who is without the f word cast the first stone..

edge
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Todd Martin will be the next DC Coach. Pat Mac is too stupid for the job.

TheNatural
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
It's easy to keep your cool when you're winning.It's not surprising to see Agassi lose his cool, Agassi looks like a tense individual when things arn't going his way.

devila
03-04-2005, 09:03 PM

SydW
03-04-2005, 09:51 PM
He had done much worse on court than saying the F word throughout his career. What is the big deal?

VamosRafa
03-04-2005, 10:31 PM
The court is very slow.

And Andre was way out of sorts today.

But it wasn't the court that was putting him out of sorts, it was Ivan. The guy played great.

He's one of the hottest players on Tour right now, and if you are a betting person, I wouldn't bet against him to reach the later stages of either IW or Miami.

But Andre was so out of sorts today that he actually had the USTA go around and ask the USA cheering section NOT to cheer during games. Andre was fine with it during changeovers. But he didn't want the extra noise during games.

That is very odd for Davis Cup.

And of course, we all respected his wishes.

As for Andy, he wanted us to make all the noise we wanted. And we did.

Mario came out smoking, but Andy took control after the first set.

Marius_Hancu
03-05-2005, 03:34 AM
match was not shown in Canada, unfortunately:

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13179

While he peppered the Ljubicic backhand, the Croat was happy to mix up his shots, alternating looping topspin, which forced Agassi to play high balls outside his comfort zone, and heavy slice to challenge the American to generate his own pace.

That's a great play, I wish more would use it.

I am surprised Agassi didn't play well in windy conditions:

Agassi effectively agreed. I needed that match to continue for another hour before I would have settled in, and that would have required me to win the second set. But I was useless, to be quite honest, as far as being clear on what was going on out there.

Ljubicic ARod could be a great match.

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 03:55 AM
So what if he said the f-word on tv. It isn't the first time a player has said it. I am not saying it is ok but it is going to happen from time to time, unfortunately.

pound cat
03-05-2005, 04:23 AM
95% of the players say it all the time, only you picked it up because it was in English. If ESPN showed more European players you would hear it said in many different languages, but wouldn't know what was being said. It also depends on mike placement.

Rabbit
03-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Well all I can say to this thread is kurwa

Ronaldo
03-05-2005, 05:39 AM
TheNatural, it's easy to grin when your 1st serve keeps going in, and you've got AA beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

ford oliver
03-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Actually Rabbit, AA got defaulted in that match against Cecil Mamiit. However, he was married to Brooke Shields at the time so he can be excused for losing his s***.

Rabbit
03-05-2005, 10:29 AM
That's right, I thought he did, but couldn't remember.

Morpheus
03-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, at least he didn't say it in Spanish. That would have been pretentious, especially since the ump spoke English quite well. :p

Chadwixx
03-05-2005, 10:45 AM

what does comparing a club match to a nationally televised professional tennis match have todo with anything?

its a public embarassment, for a professional athlete representing his country to act like that.

Chadwixx
03-05-2005, 10:48 AM
95% of the players say it all the time, only you picked it up because it was in English. If ESPN showed more European players you would hear it said in many different languages, but wouldn't know what was being said. It also depends on mike placement.

what kind of arguement is that? u basing ur point on speculitive information that u made up.

joeman957
03-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Anyone remember exactly WHY Agassi was so mad at the Ump? And really I don't care that he said the F word on live TV, and I don't think anyone else really does either, so stop trying to make it seem like we're making a big deal out of it.. We all know he's done many good things and he's a great guy.

Datacipher
03-05-2005, 01:33 PM
what kind of arguement is that? u basing ur point on speculitive information that u made up.

Actually, I'll agree with that. Agassi of all people seems to realize that he IS on some level a role model for many people. I'm sure that's part of why he has cut down on all the punkish stuff of his youth. Still, even if we believe "95 percent" of other players do it(which is not true), that does not make it right. However, to Agassi's credit, these moments are now anomalies, so certainly I think we should overlook it.

And No, I have not said that word on court.