PDA

View Full Version : racket heal please!!1

nadal for number1
03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
RACKET HELP PLEASE
MY BAD EVERYONE

hi guys.
my 11 year old brother is playing real good with a head radical mp.
sometimes i feel his balls go to slow as in he swings real fast but the ball doesnt feel heavy enough(to light imo). he has good stroke mechanism but i was reading sampras used a woody until he was 13 by his coach to have better swings. what can i take from that to help him, heavier and smaller racket if he can handle it?
please im open to any advice, just want the best for him to improve thanks.

furyoku_tennis
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
try adding lead to his racquet. that'll make it heavier and you can always adjust the amount of lead easily later on.

nadal for number1
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
so i dont need to change the racket to a smaller head?

furyoku_tennis
03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
if you add enough lead to the racquet it can weight 13 oz easy and if that's too much for your brother, you can add a little bit at a time and then adjust accordingly in the future. you can buy a reel of lead from TW for like $30 so its a lot cheaper than buying another racquet plus your brother would be more comfortable since he's using something he's familiar with.

ReopeningWed
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
RACKET HELP PLEASE
MY BAD EVERYONE

hi guys.
my 11 year old brother is playing real good with a head radical mp.
sometimes i feel his balls go to slow as in he swings real fast but the ball doesnt feel heavy enough(to light imo). he has good stroke mechanism but i was reading sampras used a woody until he was 13 by his coach to have better swings. what can i take from that to help him, heavier and smaller racket if he can handle it?
please im open to any advice, just want the best for him to improve thanks.

Your older brother?

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
yeah just heavyer racket
if your bro has awesome control with his old racket
then why change it

nadal for number1
03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
thanks furyoku tennis & tenns dude
alot of help... will take the advice

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM