PDA

View Full Version : Removing a Tennis Racquet Butt Cap

Applesauceman
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
What's the best way (tool) to remove a tennis racquet butt cap without damaging the butt cap or the racquet handle?

P.S. - I'm having a hard time finding those little staples. I've checked both of the big home improvement stores with no luck. Suggestions?

Thaychua
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
What's the best way (tool) to remove a tennis racquet butt cap without damaging the butt cap or the racquet handle?

P.S. - I'm having a hard time finding those little staples. I've checked both of the big home improvement stores with no luck. Suggestions?

Use a small flat head screw driver and push under the staples and pry it out.

Get yourself a cheap staple gun at a local hardware/tool store like harbor freight and you're set.

todot62
03-11-2009, 07:59 PM

I just use a very small flat head screwdriver to pry the staples out.

The staples used in the factory are from an air gun stapler and are more narrow than what you will get at Home Depot for an electric. Just get some 'narrow gage' staples and you'll be okay.

Removing butt caps is pretty easy, reinstalling correctly can be a pain.

Tod

rasajadad
03-12-2009, 04:45 AM
I just use a very small flat head screwdriver to pry the staples out.

The staples used in the factory are from an air gun stapler and are more narrow than what you will get at Home Depot for an electric. Just get some 'narrow gage' staples and you'll be okay.

Removing butt caps is pretty easy, reinstalling correctly can be a pain.

Tod

Removing is easy unless they've been glued on.

The_Question
03-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Get yourself a cheap staple gun at a local hardware/tool store like harbor freight and you're set.

Not really, got one from Harbor Freight and Tools, their staple guns doesn't punch through anything other than 1 mm wood...