PDA

View Full Version : How to clean Oakley sunglasses? help

ibemadskillzz
03-04-2005, 07:38 PM
hello,
I have an old oakley sunglasses. how do I clean it? I was told that if I use glasses cleaning solution (solution for cleaning regular eye glasses) that it will damage the lenses. The store told me to use cloth to clean. Is there a way to clean them with some type of solution without damaging the sunglasses?

tennis-n-sc
03-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Actually, they should only be cleaned with the cloth bag they come in. If you don't have the bag, you can usually pick one up at an Oakley dealer.

ibemadskillzz
03-05-2005, 08:34 AM
thanks tennis. The store told me to use the cloth bag but I was wondering if there was another to clean it. I guess there is only one way.

USCfan
03-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, and the cloth bag, for me, came apart pretty quickly- the stitching came undone.

Fatmike
03-07-2005, 09:28 AM
I use dish soap and hot water... no clothes, I dry them with hot air

MegacedU
03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I use dish soap and hot water... no clothes, I dry them with hot air

Are you crazy? You nevvver use dish soap on expensive sun glasses, leaves a film.

Hit up a music store and ask them for a polishing cloth. I use one for my flute but it'll clean up your glasses pretty good too.

norcal
03-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Are you crazy? You nevvver use dish soap on expensive sun glasses, leaves a film.

Hit up a music store and ask them for a polishing cloth. I use one for my flute but it'll clean up your glasses pretty good too. Ahhh, 'polishing the flute', is that what you youngsters call it these days? When I was a kid we called it flogging the dolphin.

MegacedU
03-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Ahhh, 'polishing the flute', is that what you youngsters call it these days? When I was a kid we called it flogging the dolphin.

LOL, I think I MIGHT have missed something. ;)

Fatmike
03-07-2005, 12:54 PM

Hit up a music store and ask them for a polishing cloth. I use one for my flute but it'll clean up your glasses pretty good too.

well, i tried lots of things and it's what I like the most

MegacedU
03-07-2005, 01:24 PM
well, i tried lots of things and it's what I like the most

Tried a polishing cloth? ;)

Fatmike
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Tried a polishing cloth? ;)

yep.... and in the sun I have reflects.... I hate reflects and for whatever I tried (mostly evreything, I always wear glasses (vision glasses or contact lenses + sunglasses) and like them ultra-clean) only dish soap satisfies me...

even if it means I'll have to change the lenses sooner, I'll continue to use soap

Baseline Basher
03-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Breath on lenses. Wipe with toilet paper or kleenex. Or, be all fancy and buy a 'polishing cloth'.