PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige vs Gen II

Alley Cat
03-04-2005, 06:46 PM
The Head LM Prestige MP is my racquet of choice, yet the Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II has generated quite a bit of good buzz on the board. Has anyone played with both of these sticks and have a good comparison review? Thanks.

ismashall
03-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I plan to switch from the LM Prestige MP to the Tour 10 G2. Both flex in the hoop rather than in the throat. The LMPMP gets mushy and saps power. The T10G2 is more solid at the baseline and the net, has better touch and feel, but is only slightly easier to generate spin with. The T10G2 also seems to be more efficient in energy transfer. I can crank it up when I swing hard. It holds up in heavy baseline rallies.

Mulligan
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Tough call. The LM Prestige MP provides as much control as you can find but IMO is slightly under powered. The Gen II is a great stick for action/spin on serves and groundies and with its low swingweight (double edge sword) is maneuverable at net. The Prestige is a bit more stable and pretty maneuverable in its own right....with a good, hefty swingweight. In my opinion, the major difference is the additional pop in the Gen II. Its a great all court frame and has the power when you need it. The Prestige can win you a lot of matches with its control, but I find it lacks the power sometimes for my game....a few too many short balls. Two great racquets!

Rory G
04-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Now that the Gen II has been around for a while, I am wondering if any LM Prestige MP users have made the switch and are satisfied. I have been hitting with both and plan to commit to one of them soon, or possibly try a Vantage. I like the headlight/maneuverability and spin of the Gen II, but also like the feel and control of the LM Prestige. Any one else have thoughts?

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
04-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Try the Volkl C10 Pro MP in addition to both of the mentioned racquets.

AndrewD
04-16-2005, 07:14 AM
I was playing with the GenII (until broken in a car accident) and have demoed the LM Prestige mp a couple of times. My experience of the two racquets was like night and day. The GenII gave me excellent controllable power, great feel and manoueverability while the LM gave me almost nothing. However, of the little it did give me I thought it had a touch better control but then only marginally more than the GenII. Currently I use an old Prestige Pro mid, so the low power of the LM Prestige mp shouldn't have been a problem but I felt it was actually less powerful than the mid and, compared to the old Prestige and the Gen II, the 'feel' was horrible.

I might be the exception in my experience of the LM Prestige midplus but I honestly thought it was the worst racquet Ive tried in the last 2 years. Im not a fan of the Volkl grip shape (I can adjust but would prefer not to have to in the first place) but putting that aside I just think the LM Prestige mp is several rungs below it in all facets and not remotely the same class as the GenII.

Alley Cat
06-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Now that the Gen II has been out for a while...any other feedback? Thanks

Mies
07-01-2005, 01:15 AM
If you do a search on the two frames, you will find some posts by me. I have tested em both and went with the Volkl because of it's more solid feel. Both are extremely comfortable frames but the LM is a bit too plush imo. Anyways, do a search and you'll find something. If not, lemme know and I'll write it up again.

Regards,
Maurice