PDA

View Full Version : Ferrero and Santoro's racquets

jackcrawford
04-02-2004, 09:34 PM
The March edition of the British tennis magazine Ace has interesting articles on Santoro and Ferrero that include portions on the process of their racquet switching. Prince representative Steve Davis trying to convince Ferrero to switch to the NXG, telling him at a hitting session that he has to believe in it for it to work for him, and Santoro losing an exhibition match to Gasquet with a prototype of the Inesis frame and then tweaking it with the developers.

dander
04-03-2004, 07:27 PM
could you post a link??

jackcrawford
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
There is no web site listed in the whole mag! The editor can be reached at Nigel.Billen@acemag.co.uk
I got the magazine, which is apparently the largest selling tennis magazine in England, at Tower Books in California.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
04-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Ferrero probably will never switch, and why would he want too? Plus, why would the company care so much? I mean, they'd obviously have to make it custom length anyways.

PhatAbbott
04-05-2004, 02:13 AM
I read that article too jack. I thought it was kind of weird that they would be nagging him to try a racket. Perhaps he does have a new racket but customised to how he likes it.

I do remember him staring at his racket alot since he had it :-) he hasnt been at his best thats for sure.

Feņa14
04-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Yep, that magazine is the biggest selling tennis one in England,
I doubt that he will ever change, I read that article aswell i'd prefer to use a POG Longbody than the NXG anyday.

BTW Ferrero will still be my favourite player what ever racket he uses!!!! :D

Liam

Richard Parnell
04-21-2004, 05:56 AM
Ferreros' stick is 323 grams without strings(but with grip), 33 balance point and 68 RA.Hope this helps and have a great day..

longbody
05-04-2004, 05:10 AM
Richard, where did you get these figures from? The unstrung weight of 11.4 oz. and balance of 8 pts. light look right, but the RA of 68 looks high. Thanks.

Richard Parnell
05-04-2004, 05:39 AM
when he changed from the TT paint job to the all black experimental frame the only difference was a change from 64 RA to 68.I believe I posted these figures in another post about his frame.Hope this helps and have a great day.

longbody
05-06-2004, 05:28 AM
I remember seeing your previous post, but it seems strange to me that the RA would change that much. The sample POG Longbody MP that TW got was said to have an RA of 65. Where did you get your information from?

ProStaffTour90
05-06-2004, 05:53 AM
does anyone else find the "and have a great day" line, slightly patronising?

Feņa14
05-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Maybe he feels happy and wants to spread it around.

Afterall he is talking about Ferrero! :wink:

Liam

Richard Parnell
05-06-2004, 10:01 PM
If wishing other people a happy day is being patronising then you are absolutely correct. I just never realised that the two were linked.Thanks for the enlightenment.........

Paul_G
05-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I think he just means adding it in after every single post makes the rest of the post does come across as a little patronising. As in 'heres the info you wanted, now leave me alone' if you get what I mean.

But please don't take it the wrong way, I'm sure everyone on this board agrees the info you post is great and we all read it with great interest!

Now have a great day :wink: (sorry)

Richard Parnell
05-07-2004, 09:37 AM
I apologise to anyone who might think that it is patronising in any way.My sole aim was to be civil and polite as there can be quite a lot of conflict on the boards.Better a kind word/thought than a cross one.All the best..

@wright
05-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I thought it was a nice touch. Thanks Richard.