PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 95 (16.18) to Aeropro Drive Cortex

03-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm currently using a n6.1 95 right now, but I'm thinking of switching over to Aeropro Drive Cortex. Anyone can give any suggestions?

I'm a left-hander using a full-western grip and no, I'm not a Nadal-crazed fan. I'm just asking cos' a friend of mine recommended the Aeropro Drive since I find the n6.1's headsize a bit too small for me.

Thanks

TheRealTruth
03-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm currently using a n6.1 95 right now, but I'm thinking of switching over to Aeropro Drive Cortex. Anyone can give any suggestions?

I'm a left-hander using a full-western grip and no, I'm not a Nadal-crazed fan. I'm just asking cos' a friend of mine recommended the Aeropro Drive since I find the n6.1's headsize a bit too small for me.

Thanks

Don't listen to your friend. The Aeropro is a hollow piece of junk compared to the n6.1 95. No, it won't be too small for you, just need more practice. Many beginners use 95inch frames. You already has a gem of a racquet don't waste it.

P.S. Did I mention the aeropro drive is crap?

Micky
03-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Don't listen to your friend. The Aeropro is a hollow piece of junk compared to the n6.1 95. No, it won't be too small for you, just need more practice. Many beginners use 95inch frames. You already has a gem of a racquet don't waste it.

P.S. Did I mention the aeropro drive is crap?

Hey truth,

Don't lie. You are dying to play with the APDC.

To the OP, the APDC is a great frame. Use the right strings and join the Alliance.

robJAR
03-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I've switched from the APDC to n6.1 95 because I wanted a smaller headsize, and I couldn't be happier. I only use the APDC for when I haven't played in over long periods of time to avoid shanking every other ball, or I lend it to friends.

-robJAR

i suck at tennis
03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
The only answer here is to demo the APDC. That is truly the only way you will know whether or not you should switch frames. I used to play with the APDC, but I just prefer the Wilson "feel" alot more than Babolat.

Tennis_dude ^_^
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I've switched from the APDC to n6.1 95 because I wanted a smaller headsize, and I couldn't be happier. I only use the APDC for when I haven't played in over long periods of time to avoid shanking every other ball, or I lend it to friends.

-robJAR

yeah thats why i would use a bigger headsize too
but really man switching from a small headsize to a big one is ok i guess
if you really like the aerodrive then go with it
but if you like your old racket and you just want a bigger head size
the key word there is still liking your racket
so practice harder with the racket if you still like it
but if you really want to make the switch then go with it

cpmoran
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I have an APDC freshly strung 8.5/10 if yours is 8.5/10 or better we can trade. chrismoran@brokenstrings.net

akoni
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
i'm a fan of the apd/apdcs, but that's not really the racquet you should be switching too if all you're looking for is a bigger head.

FuriousYellow
03-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I have a friend who's been playing the PS 85 since college, but decided to switch to the APD because he couldn't play like he did back then.

I've noticed a significant increase in the pace of his groundstrokes. His serve, which was already very good, is even better since the switch.

Don't let "player's frame" snobs discourage you. The n6.1 95 is a fantastic frame and I've used it myself for over two years, but its not for everyone. Use whatever frame helps you to play your best.

ckledzepplin
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Try the Aero Storm Tour

03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I do like my n6.1 95 and I plan to keep it as well. I agree it's a solid racquet but I have a tendency to miss the sweet spot so it's irritating me quite a bit. Maybe it's a lack of practice but I'm not sure...

03-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Is there any difference between the Aero Storm and the Aero Pro other than the heaadsize? I'm not an expert on these kind of things so I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

breadstick
03-13-2009, 06:08 AM
You won't really feel a difference between the APDC and the n6.1 95 in terms of headsize...

The n6.1 is an awesome stick. Stick with it until your game develops and you can make an educated decision as to what stick to use.

03-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stick with the n6.1 for now.