PDA

View Full Version : In depth comparison: kps88 vs 6.0 85 vs ps tour 90

aqgardezi
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi folk,

If anyone played with all of them. Please share ur comparison review. I really appriciate it. Thnx.

drakulie
03-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Hi, and welcome to the boards.

The following thread has many reviews/comparisons by several posters. Only problem is, you will need to sort thru many posts. Good luck, and welcome to the boards.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=227312

drakulie
03-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Here are two back-to back posts I found for you.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=2995748&postcount=2059

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=2995754&postcount=2060

The tour 90 is not on here, but they have other frames. Additionally, both Craig Clark and Geoff do complete a review with the tour 90, but you will just need to keep reading trhu the thread to find it.

DunlopDood
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
That new KPS88 is a relic of the 80's designed for a slower game than is played today. I can't tell you how happy I am when I see an opponent playing with that stick, It means I'll probably be able to mop the floor wit them.

To all the wannabes out there, buy a racquet that's suited to you and your game not someone else's, you will enjoy tennis much more.

HeadPrestige
03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
That new KPS88 is a relic of the 80's designed for a slower game than is played today. I can't tell you how happy I am when I see an opponent playing with that stick, It means I'll probably be able to mop the floor wit them.

To all the wannabes out there, buy a racquet that's suited to you and your game not someone else's, you will enjoy tennis much more.

Yes, because every tennis player would be hindered my the kps 88...

Please leave... you are off to a TERRIBLE start on these forums. I really do not see a point in continuing.

aqgardezi
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Thnx all of u for leaving message. Well I m not new on this forum I usually just read ur posts n enjoy passing my time. I will browse through links u sent. Thnx

Pushmaster
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
DunlopDood=Ignore List

gymrat76
03-13-2009, 11:59 PM

Hey, before hitting with KPS88, I totally thought the same, that, the stick is no different than any 80's sticks, i.e PS 85 and its copies.

I got my KPS a week ago. One thing I can say is, this stick is definitely designed for POWER. Strung at 65lbs w. nat gut and poly crosses at 61, this stick has more power than almost any other similar sized mid sticks!!!

Once you try, you will see that it has nothing to do w. 80s slower game. But is it a good fit to me? Not for me, I like way lower powered sticks, I am still trying to tame the power with my shots. Moreover, these kinda mid racquets I think would be a better match for ppl who can practise at least 2-3 hrs a day 4-5days a week, since it is for precise shot makers, esp for S&V'ers.
Even if you are perfectly fit to handle the SW, the racquet will tire you out mentally.

Pushmaster
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Gymrat, what's your main stick now? Just curious...