PDA

View Full Version : More information of Prince CTS Series

customaus
03-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Hey All

I recently got my hands on a brand new old stock Prince CTS Synergy DB 24metallic purple grey. Anyone got more info on this racket. There is alot info on the 26 and 28 and 32?

Thanks

VGP
03-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Other than it being the "least powerful" of the bunch, there's not a whole lot to say.

Although, the midplus wasn't sold in the US. That's probably why there's not much discussion on this frame.

I've got an oversize version and it's a great frame (as all the Prince CTS line was). I get the impression that for some reason, the popularity of the Synergy line was less than the original CTS line.

I liked the marketing of these rackets. It was simple and obvious. Provide a line of rackets that have similar specs with regard to overall weight and balance, string pattern, grips, headsizes, face-on shape and cross-section aerodynamics.....but provide them in different "power" levels easily distinguishable by frame width and color scheme.

Now it seems so convoluted.

I think the problem was there was very little representation of these frames (original and CTS) at the professional level. Well, Capriati (Lighting 90 and Synergy DB 26 pj) and Wilander (Graduate 90) did use them at some point.

The_Question
03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Look up on CTS Response, it's the same thing. I actually just got an used Snyergy DB24, but it's damaged beyond repair...

customaus
03-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I had a CTS precision then thunderstick when I was very young I still have the precision. I know the gel vibration dampner came out later. I am suprised it didnt come out in the US, the 24, if its the same will check it out thanks for the info. Probably not worth keeping....

The_Question
03-14-2009, 12:32 AM
It's a good racquet, keep it!

Keifers
03-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I have a CTS Precision 90 listed in the For Sale forum, if you're interested. Dark purple metallic pj.

You can see the listing at: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=247931

jayserinos99
03-14-2009, 04:43 AM
I've had a few of these at one point and just recently sold one to someone on the boards. Slightly over 12 oz. and very HL balance along with 16x18 pattern made for easy looping spin generation. I also liked the flex and it had good pop. There's maybe 3 people that I know from the boards that are pretty hardcore about this frame. The Prince CTS series was a great set of frames; congrats on a nice find!

SteveI
03-14-2009, 04:59 AM
I've had a few of these at one point and just recently sold one to someone on the boards. Slightly over 12 oz. and very HL balance along with 16x18 pattern made for easy looping spin generation. I also liked the flex and it had good pop. There's maybe 3 people that I know from the boards that are pretty hardcore about this frame. The Prince CTS series was a great set of frames; congrats on a nice find!

Hi Jay,

I think K Wilson Moose..(Steve Peck) is a DB 24 user. Try to look him up or his posts. He does not post much these days.. great guy and was using the DB 24 the last I knew. You out there Steve???

jayserinos99
03-14-2009, 05:03 AM
K. Wilson Moose is the first person I remember from the boards that used this frame. SteveQ is another DB24 guy who really likes this frame.

customaus
03-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the offer Kiefers good luck with the sale mate. I have already one CTS Precision purple, I got when I was 10 my second ever racket with a 4 1/4 shaved grip to a 3 1/2 I reckon. Got too many sticks at the moment. I am in Aus so it makes sence about the 24 in states. Its good to hear there are some users out there.

Keifers
03-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Cheers, customaus. I don't play with my CTSs much these days, but as VGP said, it's a great line of racquets.

I also have a DB24 OS available, in case anyone is interested. Great shape. Listing hasn't come up yet in the FS forum (I guess things are a little slow right now with TW staff busy at Indian Wells).

The_Question
03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Interesting, it seems there are more DB24 than I thought. I always run into DB26/Response, but hardly ever any DB24...