PDA

View Full Version : Wilson K racquets

battery1986
03-13-2009, 07:28 AM
I have am a 4.0 player (baseliner, like to hit hard with lots of top spin) who has been playing with the Wilson K Factor KPro Open for a year now. I really enjoy this stick for the spin, power and ease of use with groundstrokes with my extreme grip.
About every year, I get some new sticks to demo. Recently I received 3...

Wilson K Factor Kobra
Wilson K Factor Kobra Team FX
Wilson K Factor KPro Team.FX

Out of the 3 I liked the Wilson K Factor KPro Team.FX the best. The Kobras did nothing to peak my interest. The issue, I am really not sure if this new FX technology is right for me and my game.
True, the Wilson K Factor KPro Team.FX has lots of power with less force needed. This stick may have increased power but I am not sure it has the control I need.
If any of you have tried Wilson K Factor KPro Team.FX and the Wilson K Factor KPro Open, I would really like to get your opinion/review.

Thanks

Racer41c
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm currently transitioning from the Kpro Open, a racquet I really like. If I were a baseliner maybe I wouldn't be changing, but I need something with less power and volleys a bit more consistently so the Kobras and teams aren't for me.

By the way, what string setup do you use in the KPro Open?

A_Instead
03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
If you enjoyed the Kpro Open. Try the Kobra Tour. IMO is a impoved update of that racquet.

battery1986
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Correction to my first post

Wilson K Factor Kobra Tour
Wilson K Factor Kobra Team FX
Wilson K Factor KPro Team.FX

battery1986
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm currently transitioning from the Kpro Open, a racquet I really like. If I were a baseliner maybe I wouldn't be changing, but I need something with less power and volleys a bit more consistently so the Kobras and teams aren't for me.

By the way, what string setup do you use in the KPro Open?

I have 2 of the Kpro Open sticks

Stick 1 -> Wilson K gut Pro 16 @ 59 punds
Stick 2 -> Lux Big Banger ALU Touch Hybrd 16L @59

I really like the Wilson K gut Pro string