PDA

View Full Version : mg presitge pro.

vndesu
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
so i went on the bay and found one for 110 and im really happy.
bought it today and cant wait til i get it next week.
though the specs are different how does the mg prestige pro play?
and would lead be needed?

furyoku_tennis
03-13-2009, 01:14 PM
the swingweight is a bit lower than the regular prestige. personally, i found that lead tape is necessary to increase the swingweight. it swings really easy and is great from the baseline. spin potential is decent.

GPB
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I demoed a MGPP with a PHT/XCel setup and it was great, though a little stiffer than I prefer (it was my first time playing with a poly). But I MUCH prefer the Pro to the MidPlus version of this stick.

furyoku_tennis
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
racquets really are subjective. i feel the exact opposite. i prefer the MP over the Pro.

robby c
03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
I hit with the Prestige Pro last month. Great racquet. I would play it stock. I compared it to the Wilson KPS88, Wilson KTour 90, and the Prince EXO Graphite 93. It was a tie between the Pro and the Prince( I am an old POG player). The Prestige Pro was the most user friendly of the bunch. Comfortable and good spin production. Have fun with your new stick. You made a good choice.
Robby C

Blade0324
03-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I have been using the MGPP for about a year now and have been loving it. I recently hit with a coaches Mid just out of curiosity and wow. I just bought a mid and have been using it. I find it to be easier to swing, have a little better plow and just is a little more solid feeling most all the way around. I do think the spin potential is a little better with the pro but the mid is certainly very good as long as you have good technique. I think I may be making the switch. My overall advise on the pro is to add a little lead at 10&2. About 3 in. on each side. Have fun with your new stick.

PED
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
From your sig I see you have 2 PST's. I made that switch from the PST to the Pres Pro about 2 months ago.

I've ended up with the same set up of full alu but also stuck 3.2G under the cap grommets at the top of the hoop to bring the SW up to 330.

As a comparison, I've found the Pro to have more pop over the PST and also to be more precise as well. The open pattern on the Pro gives it that extra power and I had to use a bit more spin to keep it in the court at first. Now, I've got my FH dialed it with the Pro and it's really nice.

The PST is softer but I wouldn't call the Pro stiff by any means. I tried the Pro stock for a few weeks but ended up adding the lead because my 2hbh felt really different than it did with the PST. The Pro is alot of fun to serve with too.

You'll love it, have fun.

NoNameZ
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I have been using the MGPP for about a year now and have been loving it. I recently hit with a coaches Mid just out of curiosity and wow. I just bought a mid and have been using it. I find it to be easier to swing, have a little better plow and just is a little more solid feeling most all the way around. I do think the spin potential is a little better with the pro but the mid is certainly very good as long as you have good technique. I think I may be making the switch. My overall advise on the pro is to add a little lead at 10&2. About 3 in. on each side. Have fun with your new stick.

yea, i also prefer the Mid over the Pro. a leaded up MGPP is good, but still lacking in comparison to the Mid

vndesu
03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
hopefully ill like it
the seller had sent it to rpny and its a custom 27 3/8 length but hopefully ill like it