PDA

View Full Version : Lendl Adidas Gtx mid

yip kok kuin
03-05-2005, 05:17 AM
I know there are many posts on this racket. I just got mine from ****. I took a look at the scratches on the head and saw 'white' layer beneath the paintjob. This is a clear indication that this racket has a huge if not all fiberglass content. Graphite as we all known, is blackish based. So it must be a flexible stick. Too bad, no string. so I can try it immediately.

Rabbit
03-05-2005, 06:11 AM
It is a fine frame. When you prepare correctly and center the ball, it is as powerful as anything you can play with now. It is a different kind of power however as the racket requires your input. I very much enjoy mine.

SliceServe
03-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Yip,

Here are the published specs (as a point of reference) for the Adidas Lendl GTX Pro-T Bosworths when TW was offering them back in 03':

Head size: 80in
Length: 27 in
Strung Weight: 13.7oz / 388g
Balance: 6pts HL
Swingweight: 365
Stiffness: 56
Beam Width: 19.5mm
Composition: Graphite
Grip Type: Suede
String Pattern: 18mains / 18 crosses
Tension: 50 - 60lbs

-Slice

yip kok kuin
03-05-2005, 01:46 PM
SliceServe,

That GTX Pro specs that you post is good info. But it is a different racket. I am refering to the GTX Mid here.

joe sch
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Those specs claim graphite but Im also pretty sure those adidas & kneissl lendl sticks had a fair amount of fiberglass, I would think atleast 20%. Very enjoyable rackets to play with, I love the flex and control to pull the ball all over the court.

yip kok kuin
03-05-2005, 03:35 PM
If joe like it, probably I will too. We both great fan of the max200g. One thing to point out though, on the mid, it said 'carbon' and not 'graphite' as with the gtx pro, so maybe there are more fibreglass if not all fibreglass in it.

big ted
03-05-2005, 03:52 PM
i think its a all graphite racquet (carbon graphite). all the adidas/kneissl racquets i used looked white/grey if u scraped them no matter what material i think the color is from the way the racquet is made.

joe sch
03-05-2005, 08:42 PM
If joe like it, probably I will too. We both great fan of the max200g. One thing to point out though, on the mid, it said 'carbon' and not 'graphite' as with the gtx pro, so maybe there are more fibreglass if not all fibreglass in it.
I also have a redish boron gtx pro racket that is the same shape so adidas did use many of the diff composites in these *graphite* rackets.

Colpo
03-06-2005, 06:27 AM
The GTX Mid, as with all of the Lendl adidas pro line frames, test out as EXTREMELY STIFF in the lab, according to World Tennis magazine's testing from back in the '80s. In fact, on a 10/stiffest lab scale, the GTX Mid tested out as a 10+ in stiffness. Their playtest panel concluded that the Mid was a club best suited for physically strong males (hint to Ivan, who only playtested the Mid under Bosworth's care, but in fact played at least one Wimbledon with the Mid-T on Bosworth's recommendation to give himself greater error margin on grass's faster surface). Don't assume that the composition of the Pro and Mid are the same, although even the Pro tested out as a plus-stiff frame in the lab and on court for the WT testers.

joe sch
03-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Thought you all may enjoy a pic of 4 diff adidas lendl models :
http://www.woodtennis.com/lendl/adidas4lendla.jpg