PDA

View Full Version : Stringing 2 racquets at the same time?

Desert player
03-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I usually have 2 of the same frames in my bag at the same time for matches. (I'd love to afford 3 or 4; wouldn't we all) I prefer to play one until the string breaks then start using the second. I was playing against a guy last weekend that every set switches between his 2 racquets. He said that way they feel very similar. I don't like that because when one racquet has it's strings break, the other is probably very close. Besides, a few pounds of tension loss is that big of a difference in my 4.0 world.
What do you guys do?

The_Question
03-13-2009, 08:22 PM
What is this have to do with "stringing"? I'm a bit confused.

Anyhow, if you're asking about switching from primary racquet to secondary in between sets, it's a personal preference...

McLovin
03-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Other than tournaments, I will do what you do: play w/ one until it breaks, then pick up the new racket.

During a tournament, I will start each match w/ a fresh racket. I have 3, and usually run into a top seed within the first couple rounds, so I haven't had to cycle through all of them in a single tournament.

Once the tournament is over, I go back to the racket used in my first match & continue until it breaks.