PDA

View Full Version : Pushmaster: How's the R22????

stevewcosta
03-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Let me know if you played w/it yet. Feedback would be appreciated.

Pushmaster
03-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Steve, your not going to believe this. After winning the **** auction on the R-22 I have emailed the seller numerous times requesting his name and address so I would know where to send the 34.99 M.O. to, but I have gotten absolutely no response from him in almost two weeks now. I still have the M.O. just in case. I don't have a lot of experience with **** so I'm not sure what to to about it. The ad clearly states that the seller accepts M.O.'s, so I don't know what the problem is? I would love to have it, especially since I got such a good deal on it, but at this point I'm beyond caring.

AndrewD
03-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Pushmaster, just to cover yourself for future **** auctions, Id say give him until the end of the week and then, if you haven't heard back, send off an email to ****. Let them know the situation and they might be able to intervene on your behalf. Might be the guy didnt get as much as he wanted for the racquet and has gone to ground. At least if **** know then he cant try to sell anything else.

Good luck

Pushmaster
03-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the advice Andrew. I was thinking the same thing about him not getting the price he expected on it, after all it's a very rare frame that still has the plastic on the handle, but hey I won it fair and square. I've heard of deadbeat buyers before, but deadbeat sellers?? Sheesh!

kinsella
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
**** has a dispute resolution service. You should definitely contact them and state what happened. They have more info about the seller than is published and they will contact him/her and try to make the deal work. Otherwise, they will ban the seller from future use of ****, which will protect others down the line.

http://pages.*********/securitycenter/index.html

Pushmaster
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I'll give the seller til the end of the week (as if that will matter). If nothing happens by then, I'll cash the MO and forget the whole thing. I would have liked to gotten the racquet, but it's just not worth the extra hassle.

GuyPerez
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
When I was about 16 or 17, I played with the R-22 strung at 70 lbs!! I had no idea then that I would consider them to be so heavy now. I remember thinking how light they felt. I had two and should have hung on to them, but I knew no different back then.

AndrewD
03-08-2005, 03:57 AM
They're a nice racquet to hit with but what I find really funny, given the weight of it, is how popular it was with both males and females. My ex-girlfriend used it and another woman I know has only just made the transition from it. Guess back when they came out they would have been considered standard weight.