PDA

View Full Version : Toalson Rackets- Magical Power and Graboron

daveyboy
03-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all-

I'm loving this part of the forum, and I'll have to post pics soon (I have previously of classic frames I own before this part was created). About 20 years ago, I owned a Toalson Magical Power tennis racket. Black with gold trim, all graphite. I covered over the Toalson brand and put the Snauwaert check on it, and I really liked that frame. Last year, I bought another Toalson, the Graboron (graphite/boron), but haven't strung it yet.

I noticed the Graboron looked like it may have come from a prokennex mold (the sliver ace and ceramic ace), but I wondered if the Magical Power and the Pro Kennex Black Ace 98 may have been one and the same. Anyone have any info? I can't find the Magical Power anywhere, but can pick up a Black Ace 98 online pretty easily.

Also, if you've got one sitting in a closet, I'd probably buy it from you.

Thanks-

Daveyboy

plasma
03-14-2009, 11:34 PM
the GRABORON??? waht an awesome old school name for a racquet....sounds like it was endorsed by Ron Burgundy.....
http://i44.tinypic.com/2hovhxs.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvy-TMUEWO0

Virginia
03-15-2009, 01:39 AM
I've got a Toalson - the Touch 12 - nice racquet. There don't seem to be many of these around and almost nobody has heard of them either.

plasma
03-15-2009, 09:24 AM
does anyone have toalson pics or even a vague history of this company, pls???? Is it related to TOA strings?...was this a pro brand???.....my memory is sooo fuzzy on this one....I would also love to find pro tournament stringer logbooks from the early 80's-early 90's....listing the racquets that pros back then used...

daveyboy
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
They are related to TOA strings. Powers Court in New York used to sell them. I had an account with them for strings, and decided to trade in my slazenger panther pro ceramic for one of these. Wasn't a bad decision, though I liked the slazenger. Later I switched fom the toalson to a kneissl master 10 and learned to hit REAL groundstrokes. Seems like toalson frames were basically knockoffs or used established molds, none of their own.

BTW, Anchorman? pure GENIUS.

streamwalker
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I have a TOALSON MAGICAL POWER here ! It is indeed made by TOA-STRINGS Co. LTD in Nippon ( JAPAN ) NOTE *** May have actually been made for them in Taiwan as mine has a Taiwan sticker and I am not sure if it is original... It was PRO-designed and made for STAR QUALITY SPORTS Co. USA...says " Made with players' most precise requirements and far reaching technical advances" It is 100% GRAPHITE reinforced EPOXY RESIN COMPOSITE with a POLYURETHANE foam molded grip and has a ZYTEL NYLON Grommet strip....it also has a small model # TR-1600 on the side...It is an 85 Sq. inch midsize with-out a head bumper and the string pattern is 16 X 19.....I am ready to sell it as I downsize my ridiculously huge collection!!! Regards to all...Randy

retrowagen
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I have a TOALSON MAGICAL POWER here !

That has to be the best model name ever given to a Tennis racquet. Even better than Big Bubba or Turbo Shark.

daveyboy
12-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I have a TOALSON MAGICAL POWER here ! It is indeed made by TOA-STRINGS Co. LTD in Nippon ( JAPAN ) NOTE *** May have actually been made for them in Taiwan as mine has a Taiwan sticker and I am not sure if it is original... It was PRO-designed and made for STAR QUALITY SPORTS Co. USA...says " Made with players' most precise requirements and far reaching technical advances" It is 100% GRAPHITE reinforced EPOXY RESIN COMPOSITE with a POLYURETHANE foam molded grip and has a ZYTEL NYLON Grommet strip....it also has a small model # TR-1600 on the side...It is an 85 Sq. inch midsize with-out a head bumper and the string pattern is 16 X 19.....I am ready to sell it as I downsize my ridiculously huge collection!!! Regards to all...Randy
Randy, if you're willing to sell that frame, I'll buy it. Send me an email at nightandday4@yahoo.com .