PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm Review

Winners or Errors
03-14-2009, 02:15 PM
OK, so it's not a full review yet, but I'm playing singles with it tomorrow and did get a chance to hit service returns and play a few points with one. Of course, I like crisp strings and it is strung with whatever Babolat multi- looks like Wilson Sensation, so this is coming in three parts. Part I: this part. Part II: the part where I actually play a match with it. Part III: the part where I cut out the demo's strings and put in some good old PSGO 17 to see if it responds like I think it will.

First blush. Not the most powerful racquet, but I am able to generate more bat speed with it and more spin on the backhand side. It does have a nice solid feel. Framed returns don't feel any less stable than anything else I've hit with recently (that includes the K95 18x20).

I'm looking forward to actually playing with this racquet. It seems a bit light, but this is the first racquet I've ever had in my hands that I thought would be nice with lead on it, or maybe just the way it is, so we shall see.

In the interim, if any diehard Pure Storm fans can chime in, I'd love to hear what others think of this stick.

thenjimmysaid
03-15-2009, 11:29 AM
You should demo the PST now :D

Winners or Errors
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
You should demo the PST now :D

I probably should. Today, I played the first set of my match with the Pure Storm. Not terrible, but didn't play well enough for a "review." Will get in another set or two before making any real statements. It is light. I will say that.

tennis_hand
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
PST with the extra weight is much better.
not too heavy though, less than 340g is alright.

brownbearfalling
03-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I would pick the Aero Storm tour over the Pst any day. But i own both and I try to play with the Pst as much as i can. I like the Aero Storm more mainly because it is more stiff. You should try the Aero storm if you like the pst.

tennis_hand
03-16-2009, 07:41 AM
more stiff. that's exactly what's bad about the aero storm.