PDA

View Full Version : Review: Tecnifibre TFight 320 VO2 Max

Chicken Neck
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I have been a Tecnifibre fan for quite a while having spent a season or three with the TFight 335. I have been using the Volkl C10 Pro for a while now having found it to be a little more arm friendly than the 335 and I have really enjoyed it. I liked the C10 so much in fact that I thought that I might not buy another type of racquet for years to come. Then along came the new TF320.
The first thing you notice about the new 320 is how ugly and cheap looking it is. This is especially pronounced when it is placed side by side with the previous TFight series which were, IMHO, some of the best looking and most nicely finished racquets ever produced. After this less than sellar first impression I told myself that perhaps the TF would be beautiful on the inside and on that score I was not disappointed.
Coming from the C10 the characteristics of the new TF were magnified. The TF felt incredibly crisp as opposed to the smooth and muted feel of the C10. While both racquets provide more than ample power the TF is on another level. I found serving, the one weakness of the C10 (if you could even call it a weakness), to be fantastic. Generating a powerful flat serve is effortless as is producing a heavy kicker. I find that returning with this racquet is great with depth and directional control aplenty. Similarly ground strokes are heavy with great pace, however, this racquet can be pushed around by really heavy hitters and would likely benefit from a bit of lead. At net I am a bit surpised by the touch shots that I am able to produce with this stick given its power and stiffness. I find that with this frame put away shots are a snap both at net and in the backcourt.
One thing that I find somewhat shocking is the power of this racquet. I initially strung it up at 55 lbs. but had to jump up to 62 ibs. to tame the power. This also improved the control of the frame a good bit. Another surprise is the comfort of this racquet especially given its stiffness. I read somewhere that TF put gel in the grip to dampen vibration. If that is the case then they have been successful!
In closing I would say that this is a fantastic racquet. Not better than the C10 just different. The difference between the two is, to me at any rate, an important one. I say this because I feared that I would, given my arm problems, never again be able to use a slightly stiffer/really crisp racquet ever again and the TF 320 has put that fear to rest. As much as I love the C10, and I do love it, the new TF320 has the type of feel that I have always loved in a comfortable user friendly package. C10s anyone?

zidane339
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
You are absolutely right about the power, its huge for what I thought was a low powered player's frame.I can't keep a forehand in the court!.Strung it up 53lbs BA, 57 lbs Gamma Syn Gut...what strings are you using?I'm def going up to the sixties next...

reesespiecestennis
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Zidane do you think the power level of the tf320 is more than your old pdc's. I like the dunlop 200's but I can't get enough spin with them. The 320's look sweet but sour with those ugly paint jobs lol.

reesespiecestennis
03-14-2009, 07:08 PM
the aerogel 200's 16x19 look like the 320's.

Chicken Neck
03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Zidane, just got a reel of Gamma Zo Tour plays great in this frame.

reesespiecestennis
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
chicken neck what other racquets have you used and what are the pro's and con's of this racquet compared to the others?

Thanks.

furyoku_tennis
03-14-2009, 07:56 PM
if anyone's hit with the tfight 325 vo2 before, how would you compare it to the c10 pro?

BobFL
03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
My 320 is strung @ 51lbs and I do not have problems with power. Interesting...

zidane339
03-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Zidane do you think the power level of the tf320 is more than your old pdc's. I like the dunlop 200's but I can't get enough spin with them. The 320's look sweet but sour with those ugly paint jobs lol.

I think the PDC has power that is inherent to it, but the power of the V02 is dependent on if you can get the mass around..so the power levels are a little different, but I think the power on my 320 is because of the strings, not the racquet itself...

zidane339
03-14-2009, 08:03 PM
My 320 is strung @ 51lbs and I do not have problems with power. Interesting...

Oh wow Bob, thats very low! I tend to hit flat, so the my forehands are sailing long...are you a heavy topspinner?

reesespiecestennis
03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
cool thanks. I'm currently considering three racquets. The 16x19 200, prestige pro, and tf320. The aerogel 200 looks the best best of the higher swingweight than the prestige pro and the tf320 maybe be a bit too powerful.

I used to like 18x20's more but now I think more spin can bring my game to another level. The prestige midplus was good but I had to hit flat to get depth and those shots weren't giving my opponent any trouble. I just need to choose and get on with it.

Oh yeah and also is the pure drive cortex even worth considering. I liked it when I demoed but it really wasn't that great a racquet. It might be with customization but it really wasn't amazing. I just get the feeling that my racquet wasn't inferior to anything with it. Even though I was probably hitting better shots and play better with other racquets.

BobFL
03-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh wow Bob, thats very low! I tend to hit flat, so the my forehands are sailing long...are you a heavy topspinner?

My bad! I meant 53lbs and that would be in the middle since TF recommends 49-57 if I am not mistaken.

No, I am not a heavy topspinner. Oh, btw I use Gosen OG Micro Super 17. Maybe the strings are the key here...

zidane339
03-14-2009, 09:14 PM
My bad! I meant 53lbs and that would be in the middle since TF recommends 49-57 if I am not mistaken.

No, I am not a heavy topspinner. Oh, btw I use Gosen OG Micro Super 17. Maybe the strings are the key here...

Maybe...I'm def going to try to full poly, my bread and butter usually, at a high tension next...

For some reason, I really really want this frame to work out..its great for everything except my forehand so far...backhands are crisp, serves got extra pop, I'm even successfully serving and volleying!

I just got to dial in to the right tension and string that works for me...

crazyups
03-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm using the old tf320. How does the vo2 sweet spot compare to old tf320/335?

crazyups
03-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm using the 16x20 by the way.

Chicken Neck
03-15-2009, 05:55 AM
reeses, to name a few I have used the Volkl C10, the Prestige MG Pro/Mid/Midplus and FXP Mid, Yonex rds 001 Mid and Midplus/002 Tour/003/RQ iS 1 and 2, the TF335 and TF 310, Dunlop AG 500 Tour/AG300/AG200/M-fil 200 and 300, Head FXP Radical Tour, Prince O3 Red and Tour, Kblade Tour and 98, Prince O3 Rebel 95, Babolat Aero Pro Drive and Aero Storm, Fischer M Pro NT/M Comp NT and Magnetic Tour. The list goes on but these are the most common and readily available. I have not, of course, owned all of these racquets but those that I have not owned I have demoed for extended periods of time. My favorites have been the TF335, the FXP Radical Tour(both abandoned due to arm issues) and now the new 320. The main trait that all of these racquets share is a very crisp response combined with great control. These sticks also share the common virtue of good power which can be fine tuned through string tension experimentation. As I stated above I also love the C10 but if the option to use a racquet like my list of favorites above exists in a form that will not cause me arm discomfort then I have to jump on it.

tfm1973
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
lol. it's good to know that misery loves company.

i recently picked up 2 of these new TFight 320 VO2 Max. they're strung up with maxim touch at 55 pounds. i used to own the previous TFight 320 (non VO2) and have played many times with the other older Tecnifibre lineup.

these new VO2 versions are just incredibly powerful. at least with the strings and tension that i have em set up for. i've spoken with zidane339 about this and he and i have the exact same issue. on the forehand especially - i can hardly tame the power. i hit most forehands with a good amount of topspin and the ball just flies. i can't take a full swing on the forehand side. it won't stay in the court. the power also makes it tough to volley. can't keep volleys in play either. i figure volleys and forehands are the two things i don't embarass myself doing and this racquet has essentially nullified them both.

it's kind of a shame because ALL the other things are REALLY GOOD. in fact maybe even the best i've played with. my backhand slices are just filthy nasty. loads of spin and depth and power and location. 1 handed backhands are great too because the racquet helps out so much with the pace. just line up and let fly. pretty much hit it anywhere i want with fantastic control. on serves you can hit flat bombs and it feels like the racquet easily gives you extra MPH from the same delivery. i hit twist serves mostly in matches and again this racquet is ridiculously good for hitting spin serves - kicks, sliders, twists. it's all good. easily among the spinniest sticks i've ever hit with.

i think it really plays A LOT like an aeropro drive cortex - the spin, the power, the HUGE sweetspot.

i've posted mine for sale but if they don't sell i'm trying new strings and tighter tension. i want to like em. i kinda like the new graphics. i love hitting backhands with it. i love the spin. just not loving the HUGE POWER level.

also funny to note that tennis magazine recently rated these sticks and said you have to work for power. WTF?!?! do we all have a bad batch? did we secretly get switched different sticks. is mine a TFat 325 XXL H20 MAX?

Sup2Dresq
03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
^^^

Wow. Next on Maury, TFM will demonstrate the racquet is not his through DNA tests.

Bring the racquet to Thursday's clinic.

zidane339
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
lol. it's good to know that misery loves company.

i recently picked up 2 of these new TFight 320 VO2 Max. they're strung up with maxim touch at 55 pounds. i used to own the previous TFight 320 (non VO2) and have played many times with the other older Tecnifibre lineup.

these new VO2 versions are just incredibly powerful. at least with the strings and tension that i have em set up for. i've spoken with zidane339 about this and he and i have the exact same issue. on the forehand especially - i can hardly tame the power. i hit most forehands with a good amount of topspin and the ball just flies. i can't take a full swing on the forehand side. it won't stay in the court. the power also makes it tough to volley. can't keep volleys in play either. i figure volleys and forehands are the two things i don't embarass myself doing and this racquet has essentially nullified them both.

it's kind of a shame because ALL the other things are REALLY GOOD. in fact maybe even the best i've played with. my backhand slices are just filthy nasty. loads of spin and depth and power and location. 1 handed backhands are great too because the racquet helps out so much with the pace. just line up and let fly. pretty much hit it anywhere i want with fantastic control. on serves you can hit flat bombs and it feels like the racquet easily gives you extra MPH from the same delivery. i hit twist serves mostly in matches and again this racquet is ridiculously good for hitting spin serves - kicks, sliders, twists. it's all good. easily among the spinniest sticks i've ever hit with.

i think it really plays A LOT like an aeropro drive cortex - the spin, the power, the HUGE sweetspot.

i've posted mine for sale but if they don't sell i'm trying new strings and tighter tension. i want to like em. i kinda like the new graphics. i love hitting backhands with it. i love the spin. just not loving the HUGE POWER level.

also funny to note that tennis magazine recently rated these sticks and said you have to work for power. WTF?!?! do we all have a bad batch? did we secretly get switched different sticks. is mine a TFat 325 XXL H20 MAX?

Wow bro, I could not have said it better myself. My game and how this stick fit with it are exactly on par with you (except I'm a 2hander).I've never hit slices better with it, and I was actually chipping and charging with a lot of success.S and v ing also confidently because I'm getting a weak return with the extra spin/mph.

I really don't want to give up on this 320 yet..currently I'm hitting with preV02s and they are so much more solid!But not quite as much spin or raw power. So if the power of the V02 can be tamed, it'll be a beast!

I'm going with Topspin Cyberflash 17 @ 62 lbs (lockout machine so should be slightly lower) next and see how it goes.

If you ever do string it again tighter, come back to this thread and share your experiences!

josephabc
03-15-2009, 11:24 PM
the new 320 is how ugly and cheap looking it is?
don't think so!

Chicken Neck
03-16-2009, 11:04 AM
josephabc, I have a feeling that you are a young guy and I think that the current cosmetic of the TFight line is probably geared toward a younger demographic and I am most definitely in the "older" guy set. However, it's all a matter of opinion and ones man's Rosie O'Donnell is often another man's Jessica Alba.

zidane339
03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
josephabc, I have a feeling that you are a young guy and I think that the current cosmetic of the TFight line is probably geared toward a younger demographic and I am most definitely in the "older" guy set. However, it's all a matter of opinion and ones man's Rosie O'Donnell is often another man's Jessica Alba.

haha well said..I personally think it looks nice!

josephabc
04-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Chicken Neck, sorry, I'm 40s years old.The new PJ of TF VO2, IMO, may be a story express by the PJ on the frame, having not saw in any brand of the tennis racquet. so I say, it's right, personally think. Here, in China, may TF fans like the new PJ of VO2. But agree with you, i'm very like feeling of new VO2, "this is a fantastic racquet", like it's power, control.

josephabc
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry, Chicken Neck, I'm 40s years old, maybe a young's feeling in my heart:).The new PJ of TF VO2, IMO, may be a story express by the PJ on the frame, having not saw in any brand of the tennis racquet before. so I say, it's right, personally think. Here, in China, may TF fans like the new PJ of VO2. But agree with you, i'm very like feeling of new VO2, "this is a fantastic racquet", like it's power, control.

Sup2Dresq
04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Zidane and chicken neck,

Think I saw that you posted yiur racquets for sale. why the change of heart?

zidane339
04-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Zidane and chicken neck,

Think I saw that you posted yiur racquets for sale. why the change of heart?

SD, I have spoken with Chicken Neck as well on this matter so I can vouch for him.Its because of the lack of control from this frame unless you string poly at a high tension. Chicken Neck though, has some elbow trouble so he can't do this. Me, I just couldn't handle the power even with poly. Definitely a topspin oriented frame, so my flat game really didn't click with it. I felt somewhat disconnected at times with my shots, never knowing where they are going.

For some reason though, the preV02 320s are working great for me, and I am exclusively using those now.

Chicken Neck
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Zidane339 is right on the money. In many ways I really liked this frame as evidenced by my review. The problem is that while I was able to serve really well with it and I was able to get really good results on my forehand, I began to find that I really could not control my backhand(my best shot). It would just fly on me unless I went really tight with a poly which is dangerous for me nowadays as it gives my some pretty good elbow pain. I think it is very possible that my old style, flatish, eastern one handed backhand is as much to blame as is the frame because it seems that I simply do not generate enough spin on that wing to produce a reliable, consistent shot(with this particular frame). In fact even my slice which is normally a hard, driving shot tended to float on me. I was playing horribly. Oddly, I switch to a friends FXP Prestige MP and all was instantly well again. I think for a player with the more modern, more topspin heavy game of today this frame would be an ideal choice.

zidane339
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Zidane339 is right on the money. In many ways I really liked this frame as evidenced by my review. The problem is that while I was able to serve really well with it and I was able to get really good results on my forehand, I began to find that I really could not control my backhand(my best shot). It would just fly on me unless I went really tight with a poly which is dangerous for me nowadays as it gives my some pretty good elbow pain. I think it is very possible that my old style, flatish, eastern one handed backhand is as much to blame as is the frame because it seems that I simply do not generate enough spin on that wing to produce a reliable, consistent shot(with this particular frame). In fact even my slice which is normally a hard, driving shot tended to float on me. I was playing horribly. Oddly, I switch to a friends FXP Prestige MP and all was instantly well again. I think for a player with the more modern, more topspin heavy game of today this frame would be an ideal choice.

Well said CN...bottom line, this is a modern game, western grip, extreme spin, poly strung, hard hitting baseliner's dream. You can tell the frame was built to comfortably grind it out from the baseline all day.

luckyguy
04-06-2009, 02:54 AM
i recently got my tfights (320 VO2) from a fellow forumer TFM1973. i have played with it for almost two weeks now, strung with full cyberflash at 57 lbs.

the first thing i noticed is the amount of topspin it generates. ive used the MG extreme pro for more than a year and i could say that the ball bounces higher with the VO2 with the same depth. my hitting partner did not notice much of a difference in power between the extreme pro and the VO2 but he was having problems because the ball was bouncing higher.

at 57 lbs of full CF, i am not noticing too much power, in fact im kinda feeling it lacks power. maybe ill try 54 lbs next time and would string the other one with a syn gun/poly hybrid..so see which one would be better...but so far so good..

zidane339
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
i recently got my tfights (320 VO2) from a fellow forumer TFM1973. i have played with it for almost two weeks now, strung with full cyberflash at 57 lbs.

the first thing i noticed is the amount of topspin it generates. ive used the MG extreme pro for more than a year and i could say that the ball bounces higher with the VO2 with the same depth. my hitting partner did not notice much of a difference in power between the extreme pro and the VO2 but he was having problems because the ball was bouncing higher.

at 57 lbs of full CF, i am not noticing too much power, in fact im kinda feeling it lacks power. maybe ill try 54 lbs next time and would string the other one with a syn gun/poly hybrid..so see which one would be better...but so far so good..

Welcome! I tried syn gut in the mains and CF in the crosses, both at sixty lbs and I have to say the power and spin was tremendous with this setup, although the poly began sawing into the mains immediately so it's prob not very durable.

luckyguy
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
yeah that would only be the downside of having that kind of set-up. I had gosen OG/CF on an extreme pro at 56/54 and it was a beast at baseline

pepe01
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
SD, I have spoken with Chicken Neck as well on this matter so I can vouch for him.Its because of the lack of control from this frame unless you string poly at a high tension. Chicken Neck though, has some elbow trouble so he can't do this. Me, I just couldn't handle the power even with poly. Definitely a topspin oriented frame, so my flat game really didn't click with it. I felt somewhat disconnected at times with my shots, never knowing where they are going.

For some reason though, the preV02 320s are working great for me, and I am exclusively using those now.

Yeap, agree, i tested TF-320Vo, and i can tell you is wayyyy better my old TF-320 than new ones, why ?, i dont know, VO is smaller than old 320.

TF-320 old is great weapon, great stability, control and is old school raquet.

Comments please.

zidane339
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeap, agree, i tested TF-320Vo, and i can tell you is wayyyy better my old TF-320 than new ones, why ?, i dont know, VO is smaller than old 320.

Comments please.

You are right pepe, it has that classic box beam, and a solid feel on contact. Love it!:)

BobFL
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Comments please.

I do not understand. What is better in your opinion, old version or new version?

For me, new is considerably better in every dep. especially bh slice and kick serve. Old felt very disconnected...

A_Instead
04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
lucky guy
I too once played with the extreme pro but had some wrist issues with it. Could you give a nice comparison between the extreme pro and the new 320?
Many thanks in advance.

pepe01
04-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I do not understand. What is better in your opinion, old version or new version?

For me, new is considerably better in every dep. especially bh slice and kick serve. Old felt very disconnected...

To me better is old TF-320 than new version, let me tell you why.

1.- Old version has great control but when you apply power it allows you with great results.

2.- Due my type of game, with big swing and playing flat or with top spin ( depends on who is in front of me) this raquet allows me to change stroke with out any problem, i dont need to do any adjustment.

3.- Slice, i play with one hand back hand, and i use top spin or flat depends on situation, but when my oponent has deep top spin stroke i use slice to get down his game, in this case old version gives to me very solid slice and again i can apply big amount of power with confidence.

4,- On service, I like to use lot of top spin at deuce zone and more flat at adventage side, old version give to me great top spin, on flat service due its control i need to apply more power but to me is not a problem.

New version is more power full, i need to apply more top spin and to use my flat shot i need to get short on my swing this give to me less power, more than 3 of my partners saw this difference when a switched to new version.

Whit new version my slice got out must of time, so i changed angle of swing looking to land the ball deep but inside of court, this give to me less speed on this shot allowing to my opponent to reach easy the ball.

Flat service is good due power but i added more top due few balls were out.

So so many adjustment to my game with less gain, so i returned to my old T- Fight 320.

another comment is stability wish is way better in old version ( to me of course).

And thats great feelling of old schooll raquet when you impact that ball, that feeling gives to you a sensation that you want to keep playing all the day.

Regards

luckyguy
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Groundstrokes:
Both sticks are producing massive top on both FH and backhand side. By the way, i use a SW grip. Balls with the extreme pro are landing much deeper, but the balls with the 320 VO2 are bouncing much higher and are more consistent. I could say extreme pro is the more powerful one, but it's a stiff frame, although my arm is hardy i would still feel slight pain or discomfort after hours of play, but bearable. Off center shots on the extreme pro is harsh, while on the 320 it's not. Both of them are good for baseline bashers but I'll give the edge to the VO2 due to the comfort and the ball bounce it creates.

Serve:
I am serving much more consistently with the VO2 but with less pace than the extreme pro. I had better slice serves with the extreme pro. Again, im giving the edge to VO2 just because of the comfort.

Volleys:
I am not a volleyer, i have poor technique actually but based on experience, the extreme pro is much more stable at the net, though my time with VO2 is limited to make this assessment definite.

Overall:
The extreme pro is a great baseliner's racquet. Power and spin are at part with the PDR but more comfortable. The VO2 is comparable in terms of power to the extreme pro but produces better hopping topspin (kinda like APD). Both area great serving racquets. But overall the VO2 is much more comfortable and easier to hit with.

lucky guy
I too once played with the extreme pro but had some wrist issues with it. Could you give a nice comparison between the extreme pro and the new 320?
Many thanks in advance.

luckyguy
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Groundstrokes:
Both sticks are producing massive top on both FH and backhand side. By the way, i use a SW grip. Balls with the extreme pro are landing much deeper, but the balls with the 320 VO2 are bouncing much higher and are more consistent. I could say extreme pro is the more powerful one, but it's a stiff frame, although my arm is hardy i would still feel slight pain or discomfort after hours of play, but bearable. Off center shots on the extreme pro is harsh, while on the 320 it's not. Both of them are good for baseline bashers but I'll give the edge to the VO2 due to the comfort and the ball bounce it creates.

Serve:
I am serving much more consistently with the VO2 but with less pace than the extreme pro. I had better slice serves with the extreme pro. Again, im giving the edge to VO2 just because of the comfort.

Volleys:
I am not a volleyer, i have poor technique actually but based on experience, the extreme pro is much more stable at the net, though my time with VO2 is limited to make this assessment definite.

Overall:
The extreme pro is a great baseliner's racquet. Power and spin are at part with the PDR but more comfortable. The VO2 is comparable in terms of power to the extreme pro but produces better hopping topspin (kinda like APD). Both area great serving racquets. But overall the VO2 is much more comfortable and easier to hit with.

lucky guy
Many thanks in advance.

Power Player
04-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to get my hand on this racquet. It sounds like a fantasy for me since I swing hard and use topspin. I will probably get it strung at 62 pounds to start since it sounds like it needs to be tamed. That's ok though...my old Head could be strung up to 72 pounds (per the writing on the racquet), and it really helps me control where I am placing the ball.

zidane339
04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I can't wait to get my hand on this racquet. It sounds like a fantasy for me since I swing hard and use topspin. I will probably get it strung at 62 pounds to start since it sounds like it needs to be tamed. That's ok though...my old Head could be strung up to 72 pounds (per the writing on the racquet), and it really helps me control where I am placing the ball.

When you getting it?

i suck at tennis
04-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I picked up a 320 vo2 from zidane last week and so far I am really enjoying it! I have only played with it about 4 hours but I think that this might replace my n6.1 16x18 sticks. Groundstrokes with this thing are lots of fun, I have been painting the baseline on my forehand. The backhand is going to take a little getting used to, I don't know why but my timing is a little off on that side.

This racquet is fairly maneuverable at net and I must say that volleying is fun. They literally launch off the racquet face so you really have to watch the ball and make sure you are setting up properly or you may have some problems.

My serves are kinda like the backhand...going to take a little tweaking with timing but so far I like what I am seeing. I have a very flat first serve and this thing is like a missile launcher.

I'm going to put my preferred string setup in tonight and see how that goes. Hopefully will report back with even more favorable results

Power Player
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM
When you getting it?

I just bought one today off this site. So hopefully in 3 days or so. I'm just going to get the poly hybrid at 62#s that I always get and hopefully hit this weekend. I'm pumped. It sounds like a perfect racquet for my game.

I get good spin with the 335. You guys think this new one will create even more? Plus I read that it i awesome if you use a 2 handed backhand also.

We should have a 335 comparison. I will put my impressions up when I get it, but if anyone has both now, I'd love to hear what to expect.

reesespiecestennis
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Powerplayer really anxiously awaiting your thoughts since we both use an aerogel 200. I think if you really like it then I'm gonna have to buy.

I'm hitting extremely consistent groundstrokes and returns, everything. It's just a little too heavy for me over a while and I'm having difficulty hitting fast first serves compared to other racquets. I want a little more power in reserve and something I can lug around all day.

zidane339
04-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I just bought one today off this site. So hopefully in 3 days or so. I'm just going to get the poly hybrid at 62#s that I always get and hopefully hit this weekend. I'm pumped. It sounds like a perfect racquet for my game.

I get good spin with the 335. You guys think this new one will create even more? Plus I read that it i awesome if you use a 2 handed backhand also.

We should have a 335 comparison. I will put my impressions up when I get it, but if anyone has both now, I'd love to hear what to expect.

Haven't used the 335, but you will love the amazing spin you can get, I promise.

Let us know how it goes!

Power Player
04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Powerplayer really anxiously awaiting your thoughts since we both use an aerogel 200. I think if you really like it then I'm gonna have to buy.

I'm hitting extremely consistent groundstrokes and returns, everything. It's just a little too heavy for me over a while and I'm having difficulty hitting fast first serves compared to other racquets. I want a little more power in reserve and something I can lug around all day.

I can't keep the ball on the court with the AG200 consistently. It is a great racquet, but it does not get the spin I need. It is partially my fault for stringing it light, but I think it would be wiser to go with one brand and stick with it. I also need a more open string pattern.

Basically when I play, I always go back to the TFight 335. Which is why I bought this V02. I think Tecnifibre knows what aggressive baseliners need. Even though I love thin beamed racquets, I have a Head Graphite Master (18mm) and the 335 (20mm), so I am good there. The 335 is no more, so I figure why not embrace the present. The reviews on here really sold me on this racquet, and so does the company. I think they may be the best racquet makers in the world.

Gee
04-14-2009, 06:15 AM
The 335 is no more, so I figure why not embrace the present. The reviews on here really sold me on this racquet, and so does the company. I think they may be the best racquet makers in the world.
TF335 is still available by several Internet shops.

ThetrnlChampn
04-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I am also a huge fan of the Tecnifibre rackets playing 2 seasons with the 320 & eventually 335 as i was fit and the extra weight was a plus. I gave the frame up due to what is commonly being decribed as a power issue especially on the forhand size but i also found serving and manouverabillity to be an issue.
I now play with the ktour 90 and can't see myself changing, maybe only for the 88.
Recently i had to go back to the 335 due to three string breaks in 10 minutes. After playing with the K90 the power and lack of feel on the forhand was greatly exagerated, balls just kept sailing.
I found that 57lbs was the best for this frame with something like cyberflash @.23 as the tension didn't drop to much. 60lbs was to tight(and painful on the arm) and 55lbs rediculous after ten minutes.
If you are a baseline basher who is strong, rarely comes to the net, is aggressive and precise with the feet and preperation this frame is deadly. Otherwise you might get a little frustrated......
The t-fight's look great and are much better than all other frames in the '98 head sized player frames in my oppinion!
I also love the volkl v10 but nothing compares to the overall versitillity of the k90.

reesespiecestennis
04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Funny I'm the opposite. Maybe my strings are dead and have no pop.. probably. But I'm straining my shoulder to get some juice on serve that I can get with my other racquets.

Actually the above is probably true because I was cranking huge shots today that I normally can't hit, but then my arm and body became tired from swinging so durn hard for an hour straight of rallying.

Power Player
04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Interesting. I swing really hard and use a lot of topspin. I do agree that there is a sweet spot and if you string the racquet too tight, you will risk getting a sore arm. The only time I got a soreness at all was when my polys died. Anyway, I am going to string my 335 at 57 and 60. It is at 55 and 60 right now. I think 57 and 60 may be perfect for the 335 if you play aggressive.

The v02 I am getting is strung at 58#s right now per the seller. So that is cool. I can see how much power is in this racquet and if it is too much, I will pump it up to 62 pounds.

For my forehand, I like to get the stick as low as I can and just rip it. This really helps me deal with slice players and low balls. The 335 with 55/60 is hitting right on the baseline currently when I do that, which is why I need to get it a little tighter next time. I have no room for error currently.

I am going to take the same cuts with the v02 at 58 and this should help me gauge the power for you guys when I talk about it. I have a feeling I will be hitting long until I restring it, but thats ok.

reesespiecestennis
04-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm worried that if I play with the vo2 then I'll lose my flat shots, but gain with penetrating topspin that can keep me in a rally.

The big question is am I going to be able to use poly. This racquet shouldn't be an arm killer ex. (pure drive, pdr, k95).

I don't break strings in my aerogel 200 quickly so I don't think I need poly, but it might tame the power.

Power Player
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Ok...got the V02 and hit with it for about an hour. This racquet feels different then the 335 on contact. It has more punch in the sweet spot. It just feels like it is telling you that you are hitting bombs when you make contact. The adjustment from the 335 to this is actually not very extreme at all..thank god. The extra power is nice because I was drilling crosscourt forehand winners and not really even swinging that hard.

It still has that awesome TF control that we all love. To get a little topspin all I had to do was barely close the racquet on follow through. I will be able to compare spins better later on because the strings are at 58 pounds on this V02 and came with Topspin Cyber Flash 17s. I have never used them, but I am loving them so far. The reason is because you can hit pretty flat and still get a nice dip and kick from the ball. I have not put it to the full test where I load it with spin because I have not needed to. The 335 gets amazing spin for me, but I feel like the V02 is going to be just fine also in that department.

Serving was a pleasure. I could hit bombs and then dial back the intensity a little and go casual and still crush it. My style is a toss at 12 o clock from where I am facing and slicing, or tossing a little more towards 10 o clock and hitting with topsin. I use a continental grip. Either way, the ball did what I wanted.

I really need to get a full hitting session in before saying more. And honestly you don't really know your racquet until about a week or so. But this stick looks like a great match with the 335. I could go back and forth and not have to make much adjustment, except with the 335 I can not get the same amount of power. No biggie. So far I am quite happy with this stick.

Quick edit..my arm was acting up due to hitting some dead balls this afternoon with the 335. So I figured if it gave any signs of hurting, I would pack it in for the night. I can gladly say that I hit then served with the V02 for an hour with zero pain, and my arm feels fine right now.

reesespiecestennis
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Thank goodness Powerplayer you have just given me reassurance that this is the ideal stick for me.

I'm finding the depth and pace I need right now I'm just putting forth too much effort to do it and my elbow is starting to hurt because of it.

I'm suddenly looking for a lot more power something the ag200 doesn't give.

Just for thoughts does this racquet feel lighter than both the ag200 and tf335? I hope so.

Power Player
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes. It definitley does feel lighter. This actually does not bug me like I thought it would so far. I have yet to play my friend that can hit me the heavy balls and sometimes push around a light racquet, but I seriously do not think the TF will have this issue.

The AG200 is a nice racquet. I have one and I am selling it. It is actually awesome, but I much prefer the V02 so far. I just really love the spin I get with TF sticks. Spin is a huge part of my game, and you can make the ball dance with a TF racquet.

They basically took their 335 concept and eased in guys like myself to using a stick that is a little lighter and with a wider beam. The result is a racquet that I am thinking is going to be insanely spin friendly. This is why the extra power of the racquet has so far not phased me. I can compensate by loading it up with topspin or swinging easier for a nice flat forehand with tons of pace.

Power Player
04-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok..Review part 2. I am falling in love with the racquet now. This thing has great power, but I can control that with topspin. I hit with a guy today who was great at just sending back shots right back with some zip and returning about everything. He was at least a 3.5 and maybe a 4 level player I would say.

I don't know if it is the strings or what, but after getting the feel of the racquet for a warm up, i switched from SW to my full western grip. The topspin I was getting on the ball was unbelievable. He kept laughing at how my shots were deep into the baseline but not landing out. Once I went full western. I started swinging harder and he was struggling to return my forehands. He kept commenting on how much spin was on the ball and how it was eating him up.

So I have to say that combination on this racquet with the Cyberflash strings is absolutely lethal if you like to hit with spin.

One difference I like from the 335 to this one is that I can swing easy if I just need to put the ball in play, and it still is a heavy ball. The 335 is a racquet that really performs best if you are all out on every shot. I can still switch right back to the 335 and be fine, but the V02 just makes it a lot easier to get what you want.

If you are playing people at 3.5-4 level you can simply go full western and put forehands right on them and they will commit a lot of errors for you due to the massive spin. This is a great "anti-pusher" racquet in that regard.

luckyguy
04-17-2009, 10:13 PM
we have the same set-up with CF @ 58, nice spins, but sometimes the balls are landing shorter, i might have them strung lower, kinda like 54 next time..

Power Player
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
we have the same set-up with CF @ 58, nice spins, but sometimes the balls are landing shorter, i might have them strung lower, kinda like 54 next time..

Yeah, I thought I would have to string it at 62 after reading the reviews here, but I think they were from flatter hitters. I think the CF is a perfect match for the stick. I need to hit more and see if I will string them higher, but I like the tension a little lower at 58 because the strings will not break as fast for me.

It's so weird how it is a different stick from the 335, but it still is the same in some ways. It still has that Tecnifibe control where you can really paint the lines with bigger swings, but you can swing real easy and still hit very accurate shots that have weight. The western grip gives you massive power and spin, where the 335 does too, but with the 335 you have to work harder for it.

jsomrak
04-18-2009, 09:14 AM
im starting to sound like a technifibre ad, but i just got a vo2 320 and love it. i strung it up with black code and pacific gut at 60 and 62, the spin is great. i was also concerned about the weight, i usually play with a heavier frame, but found it to feel solid and not too light. I found the balls were going over the net higher and still landing in. i need to dial in serve, i think the prince hybrid tour is the best serving frame( but thats it for it). but serves were still good. i liked that in hard rallies i was able to take full swings and control shots and the frame was solid. I have a 335 and this for me is better fit.

Power Player
04-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I think we can safely say that if you use a Western grip, love to hit hard with massive spin and use poly, this racquet is a must demo!

As the weeks go by if I see any negatives, I will post them in a second. So far I have not though.

Xtreme
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
so i just got my 320 V02 and this frame is gold!!! a very big improvement over my MG Extreme Pro

zidane339
04-22-2009, 04:10 PM
so i just got my 320 V02 and this frame is gold!!! a very big improvement over my MG Extreme Pro

Nice, how about a detailed review? Hows the power compared to the extreme?

Xtreme
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice, how about a detailed review? Hows the power compared to the extreme?

well zidane, here is my mini review/ comparison of the Extreme Pro and 320 V02.

Groundstrokes
No matter what string setup i use the ground strokes on the V02 are phenomenal! There is more spin and control then the xtreme but there is also what some would think is too much power. It didn't really bother me because i have a baseline game with extreme topspin. 5/5
Serves
Serves were definitely better with the V02 than the extreme. More pace and spin. I felt for awhile that i couldn't place serves with the extreme but with this V02 it's the complete opposite. 4/5
Volleys
In my opinion i actually thought that the extreme was better in this category. I felt that it was more manuverable at net than the v02. i could still place the volleys but not as effectively as the Extreme.
Overall
I'm in love with this racket and i want to buy another when i have enough money. It totally improved my game.:) 4.5/5

btw sorry if the review isn't all that great this is the first time i've done one.:???:

revelati0n
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Woah, you're in Cerritos too? im in cerritos! maybe if we could hook up and we could hit a few that would be awesome. i'm joseph btw, and i play for whitney varsity #1 singles (high school tennis)

i just bought the tecnifibre and im in love... BUT.
i strung my racket up with luxilon ALU power 125 big banger rough and it broke in less that an hour and a half. i took it to the tennis show and they told me that the square diameters of the string pattern are too big and therefore dont support many shots. i play with western grip and hit a huge amount of spin and i really love this racket.

what strings do you guys use? how much do you play and how long does it take you to break your strings? i need recommendations quick! durability + bite would be the big thing to consider for me.

Power Player
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
My ongoing review continues. This is now my favorite racquet possibly of all time. The strings on this thing help make a difference too, but every time I hit with it I like it more and more.

Today I hit for 2 hours and hit so many forehand winners I lost count. The slice backhands would die and bounce 5-7 times before crossing the baseline. What makes it even better is that you have laser control with this stick. When you put shots down the line it feels amazingly accurate. When you mishit, you know you made a mistake. It was very rare for me to hit long and not know it immediately. So basically the feel and accuracy is a 10/10.

The spin is off the chain. I could see the ball moving in the air and my partner (another one not from previous posts) raved about the spin. He was impressed with the spin I got on the 335, but he said this was the most he had seen. I have to agree. If somebody moonballs me, I usually bring the ball down with a WW forehand and the side spin is so great that the ball will bounce and jam up the opponent. With this stick, the spin is just massively exaggerated.

Depthwise, I am hitting right on the baseline. So I may pump up the racquet strings to 59 pounds and see if that will help control it a little. But honestly, I don't really have any complaints. It's been a week and the racquet only gets better for me.

Power Player
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
what strings do you guys use? how much do you play and how long does it take you to break your strings? i need recommendations quick! durability + bite would be the big thing to consider for me.

Definitely get the Topspin Cyberflash strings. With no hesitation. They are made for this racquet. I use the 17 gauge. I can break strings after about 8-10 hours of heavy play, but not only do these hold up, they give you complete control of the racquet's power.

revelati0n
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
interesting... what is your NTRP rating? i broke my luxilon in freakin less than 2 hours! there goes 25 dollars.

and right now im stringing one up with pure 18 guage kevlar... maybe when my luxilon snaps on my other racket i'll check out those topspin cyberflash strings.

im a 5.0 player than can hang with most junior college players even if im still in highschool. i just need something with durability (8-10 hours sounds pretty good) and a grip of spin.

Power Player
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
When I was your age (wow I feel old saying that..lol) I was over a 5 and a top 100 player in the state of Florida for 16 and under.

I firmly believe I am getting back to that level and could surpass it due to my just being more mature and playing with a more relaxed mind. I hit hard with extreme topspin, and most 3.5-4 players are having trouble with my forehands right now. So I would say I am around a 4.5, and my goal is to win 5.0 club tournies.

Go read the reviews on the string and you will see what I mean. It is just a perfect string if you use modern aggressive strokes and the V02. It is very durable. I have a set of enduraflex strings that my stringer uses and they fray after 4 hours of hitting. The Topspin strings do not do this.

I also snapped the Luxilons really fast when I tried them. I remember thinking the same thing..there goes 25 bucks.

reesespiecestennis
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Powerplayer I agree when I play with low power racquets I'm consistent but my shots are too flat and don't give too much trouble. When I change over to western my shots kick up in my opponents face and are really heavy.

I just strung my aerogel 200 with xone biphase at 55 to get some juice out of it and the power is great, it's just too heavy with a leather grip and overgrip and too demanding for me. I'm just a low 4.0 player.

I like the idea of the added pop so I can add a little more arc to the shots and get more spin but I'm worried about string durability with the open pattern.

I rarely break strings in 18x20's and have never used poly and don't want to restring no sooner than 2 weeks.

reesespiecestennis
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
feedback said this racquet is similar to the pure control which i've played with before and it was great.

zidane339
04-23-2009, 07:09 PM
feedback said this racquet is similar to the pure control which i've played with before and it was great.

Dude, no more talking, get the frame! You won't know until you give this stick a demo!:)

Xtreme
04-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Woah, you're in Cerritos too? im in cerritos! maybe if we could hook up and we could hit a few that would be awesome. i'm joseph btw, and i play for whitney varsity #1 singles (high school tennis)

damn you're good. i don't think i could keep up with you. by any chance are you being coached by the same guy that coaches the #1 singles at CHS?

revelati0n
04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
the #1 singles aka pilki min. my childhood rival and still is my rival... to an extent.

he used to be coached by this guy known as chris chutikorn for the longest time, i was coached by him for the longest time too. he coaches the CHS team.

the #1 at CHS isnt currently getting lessons. he was taught by this korean guy that was semi-professional that goes by mr. yoon, but not anymore i believe. i lost to pilki at a tournament back in february and we were talking about coaches and he told me that he doesnt get coached for the time being.

Power Player
04-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I rarely break strings in 18x20's and have never used poly and don't want to restring no sooner than 2 weeks.

You're not going to break strings then. It's not even an issue. You are thinking too much. I sold my Ag200 because it does not suit my game as much as the V02. I broke strings on that one too. It doesn't matter if it's 18x20 or 16x20. It's how you swing and how much topspin you use that determines if you will break strings.

luckyguy
04-24-2009, 01:47 AM
ive always wanted a poly/poly hybrid set-up. so i tried it..

polypolar 17 mains with cyberflash 17 cross at 55/53 respectively...

wow!! talk about power, spin and control.

pfchang
04-24-2009, 02:42 AM
guys, i played with this stick again yesterday, and i was simply tearing it up.

My forehands were spinning monsters, and backhands were amazing.

I think I've tamed this VO2 beast. Just have to find the right strings and tension now.

MCN
04-24-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi - how is the 320 VO2 for shock absorbption/stiffness? I have have pretty bad tennis elbow and use quite heavy flexible frames but am interested in the spin and power of this stick. Can anyone comment if it's kind on the arm? (I've tried some racquets like the Babolat Pure Drive and found them too stiff and 'tinny' feeling).

Power Player
04-24-2009, 09:18 AM
MCN, this stick is really best for poly strings, and they are not great on tennis elbow. But there is not a lot of vibration at all, so that is nice. If your arm can handle polys then you are good, if not, don't get this racquet.

MCN
04-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Power Player. Trouble is that any racquet at the moment with any string flares up the TE so prob need lots of rest and stretches. The VO2 interests me as it's a tiny bit lighter than my current stick (Yonex RDS002 Tour) and like yourself, I can play with loads of topspin but like a stable racquet with reasonable plow through. As I get older (and less fit) I've found that I just can't generate the racquet head speed consistently with the 12+oz Yonex. I've tried much lighter racquets eg Yonex RDS003 that were awesome for topspin, buty these were too light for me and not very stable at the net against big hitters. The VO2 seems to be a good compromise - can you confirm if it's stable with reasonable plow through?

jsomrak
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
MCN, the 320 is in my opinion very stable and pretty vibration free. I use a dampner, but also can play without in this frame. please don't be fooled by the statements about power, it has power, but depending on how you string it and play it could back fire on you. I use a hybrid, black code and gut and its great. im not suggesting all poly or black code necessarily but if you want more power i think the yonex has more, its just heavier. If I were you id try it, just have patience with stringing. if you do youll love it.

luckyguy
04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
i have limited experience of playing tennis just learning it a few years ago but of all the racquets ive played with (PSC 6.1, Bab PST, MG Extreme pro, PDR, K95, POG mid, prince O3 tour mid+), this is the most comfortable one along with the prince O3 tour midplus.. so yes this is very comfortable.

Hi - how is the 320 VO2 for shock absorbption/stiffness? I have have pretty bad tennis elbow and use quite heavy flexible frames but am interested in the spin and power of this stick. Can anyone comment if it's kind on the arm? (I've tried some racquets like the Babolat Pure Drive and found them too stiff and 'tinny' feeling).

prosealster
04-25-2009, 04:06 PM
anyone can compare stick to speedport tour interms of power, spin, arm friendliness and any other points u care to share? :)

Bloodshed
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Power Player, how is that frame for S&V, flat baseliners (using a 1hbh), at the net and for dropshots?

Power Player
04-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Power Player, how is that frame for S&V, flat baseliners (using a 1hbh), at the net and for dropshots?

I love dropshots and net play with it. But I am an aggressive baseline player. You will get huge serves with this stick, but hitting flat is more suited for a Dunlop AG200. This racquet is for people that love spin. If you hit flat you will not be able to handle the power as well. The extra power is really there for people like myself that use a western grip and a lot of topspin.

As for plow through, that is something I have not had an issue with. I can hit winners all day long and the spin will give your opponents problems if they do not know how to get on top of the ball. So the balls are very heavy and spinny. Just from seeing the feedback and seeing my game get better and more consistent, I think this is one of the top sticks you can buy right now if you like to play a modern baseline game.

I hit serves today for 2.5 hours and I could put the ball on either side of the service box with a ton of spin. The racquet is incredibly accurate.

Bloodshed
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I love dropshots and net play with it. But I am an aggressive baseline player. You will get huge serves with this stick, but hitting flat is more suited for a Dunlop AG200. This racquet is for people that love spin. If you hit flat you will not be able to handle the power as well. The extra power is really there for people like myself that use a western grip and a lot of topspin.

As for plow through, that is something I have not had an issue with. I can hit winners all day long and the spin will give your opponents problems if they do not know how to get on top of the ball. So the balls are very heavy and spinny. Just from seeing the feedback and seeing my game get better and more consistent, I think this is one of the top sticks you can buy right now if you like to play a modern baseline game.

I hit serves today for 2.5 hours and I could put the ball on either side of the service box with a ton of spin. The racquet is incredibly accurate.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I'm still torn between this racquet and the Prestige Mid (I know they are both completely different racquets).

I personnally am looking for an all around game racquet (topspin, S&V, flat baseline from both my forehand and my 1 hand backhand, crazy slices from both the forehand and backhand, dropshot, volleys, etc...)

The reason why I'm torn is mostly because the Prestige Mid is more a S&V racquet than VO2 Max (although I'm sure if you put lead tape, you can make it heavier on the weight, more HL to make it more maneuvrable)

I also like dense string patterns because of control (not sure how controllable it is with 16*20 pattern)

Sorry I'm probably not helping you much either lol.

Such a difficult decision yet your reviews makes me think that the VO2 is the perfect racquet.

Power Player
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Buy one. You can always resell it here. They sell like hotcakes. Ask Zidane..lol.

zidane339
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Buy one. You can always resell it here. They sell like hotcakes. Ask Zidane..lol.

Haha, yes, I sold two of mine in under five hours after my posts showed.

Power Player
05-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Ok..I hit more today with the V02. While warming up, the rubber band dampener came off the strings. Interestingly enough, I did not need it! I always use dampeners, but on this stick I don't think it is necessary.

I have hit for around 30-40 hours with this racquet and I still love it. The spin and power is amazing.

I was playing doubles and was putting the ball wherever I wanted on my forehand. Inside outs were simple and powerful.

MWeiss18
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
what kind of grip do u use? semi-western? western? I use semi western and i seem to have to "try" and put more spin on the ball of else it will fly out

Power Player
05-05-2009, 05:28 AM
I use a western. I swing low to high with a long stroke. The racquet is ideal for this swing IMO. Also u may need to string tighter. I'd go to 60#s minimum.

Power Player
05-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Well I still love this racquet, but since my strokes are still getting back to where they were when I was a ranked Junior, I may not be the best playtester..lol. I switch between my 335 and the v02. What I notice is that the 335 has become a more natural racquet for me to swing with. I swing a lot longer with a full follow through with the 335. The V02, while I can easily play with it, is shortening my swing a little. I can hit winners where I want, but I make more mistakes also. And since you have to string it so high, your arm can get stiff.

It is hard to decribe, but it does not feel like you have complete control compared to the thin beamed 335. Which sucks, because I would put this stick in the hall of fame when it comes to massive spin and basline play. I would still say if you like basline play, big serves and spin, this racquet is a must demo. I will probably string it up with natural gut to see how it reacts.

MWeiss18
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
if you are looking to buy the new 320 vo2, I am selling mine. I have 2 of them in 8-9/10 condition that i'll sell for alot cheaper than TW will. contact me weiss2008@hotmail.com or text me: 419-357-2494

Power Player
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Weiss are you going with the Wilson Ks? I am sticking with my 335, keeping the V02, and will demo the new Head Speed Pro and Volkl Dnx10 also.

MWeiss18
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
ya im gonna give the kblades a shot. the more i think about it the more i feel they are the perfect fit for my game. when i play with the 320's i feel i am trying too hard to create topspin just to keep the ball in. and as a result of this its ruining my technique and causing alot of errors. as much as i like this racquet i jjust feel it doesnt fit my game. if i hit a western forhand i would be in heaven with it but i dont.

Power Player
05-12-2009, 11:40 AM
ya im gonna give the kblades a shot. the more i think about it the more i feel they are the perfect fit for my game. when i play with the 320's i feel i am trying too hard to create topspin just to keep the ball in. and as a result of this its ruining my technique and causing alot of errors. as much as i like this racquet i jjust feel it doesnt fit my game. if i hit a western forhand i would be in heaven with it but i dont.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hit the Western Forehand and get massive spin, but I also like to swing fully and plow through the ball, and that is a much tougher shot. If you like the super heavy Nadal topspin only, then this stick pretty much rules.

You should really grab a Tfight 335 16x20 and match it against the Kblade. It is a much lower powered racquet then the V02.

MWeiss18
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
ill try and demo one. i already ordered the kblade now i just need to find buyers for my 320's. they are good as new with brand new strings on them.

A_Instead
05-13-2009, 04:50 AM
MW
Whats the grip size of your 320's. I may be interested in buying them.
Can you email me a few pics?

MWeiss18
05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
both are 5/8's both in great condition. text me 4193572494 for more info. if ur still interested ill take pics. texting is soo much easier than checking this and email constantly

A_Instead
05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry MW, 4 5/8 are to big for me.

MWeiss18
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
the grip feels smaller than it actually is. plus im selling for cheeaaapppp

monomakh
05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
On the VO2s, the grip feels true to size to me. The 4 1/2s I play with, expecting to feel like a 4 3/8, feel like ... a 4 1/2.

Otherwise, I'd be all over your offer MWeiss. Unless someone's good at shaving handles around here...

MWeiss18
05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
the racquets are both like new. im only asking 115 each now

tennisnut16
05-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I have hit with this racquet and it is amazing! I had no problems with control or power.

I was wondering if anybody has tried putting lead tape on the 320s to see how it affects it. I am expecially curious if anybody has used the polarization method and how that has worked out for them.

luckyguy
05-18-2009, 03:01 AM
i've just traded my 320s for the 295 versions. i was performing better overall..

Power Player
05-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Well sadly, I have to sell this stick go to save some cash. I loved it, but at the end of the day, it is too light and needs poly strung tight to tame it's power.

After hours of play and getting a sore arm I realized that I really HATE poly..lol. It dies really quickly and feels like crap. I grew up hitting with nat and synthetic gut, so the poly just feels too harsh. Plus, I didnt find poly to be that much more durable then a multi.

I lift a lot of weights and am a pretty strong guy and I just can't get used to sticks that are this light. Even though I use modern strokes, I prefer a classic racquet. If you like a modern racquet, this is the best I have hit with, and I have demod a lot of them. The spin and control is awesome. But I play better with a racquet that is less forgiving and forces me to focus on my game more. This stick will let you get away with a lot, which is cool, but not for me.

Anyway, I will be posting mine for sale in a few days. It was a fun ride, but my arm will be better in the long run.

zidane339
05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Well sadly, I have to sell this stick go to save some cash. I loved it, but at the end of the day, it is too light and needs poly strung tight to tame it's power.

After hours of play and getting a sore arm I realized that I really HATE poly..lol. It dies really quickly and feels like crap. I grew up hitting with nat and synthetic gut, so the poly just feels too harsh. Plus, I didnt find poly to be that much more durable then a multi.

I lift a lot of weights and am a pretty strong guy and I just can't get used to sticks that are this light. Even though I use modern strokes, I prefer a classic racquet. If you like a modern racquet, this is the best I have hit with, and I have demod a lot of them. The spin and control is awesome. But I play better with a racquet that is less forgiving and forces me to focus on my game more. This stick will let you get away with a lot, which is cool, but not for me.

Anyway, I will be posting mine for sale in a few days. It was a fun ride, but my arm will be better in the long run.

Sad to hear bud, you had a good run with it. Think you could drop me an email at zidane339@aol.com about the 320? Want to really give another shot at it, was a great stick. Thanks

tennisnut16
05-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I found the racquet to not be overpowered, IMO. Is it because your game styles are hitting a flat ball and your shots are sailing long?

monomakh
05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Sad to hear bud, you had a good run with it. Think you could drop me an email at zidane339@aol.com about the 320? Want to really give another shot at it, was a great stick. Thanks

Addict. ;)

That said - if zidane339 decides not to get it ... give me a buzz.

Power Player
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Addict. ;)

It's on the TW sale forums right now.

Power Player
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I found the racquet to not be overpowered, IMO. Is it because your game styles are hitting a flat ball and your shots are sailing long?

I just use a long swing, western grip and I don't like poly strings. This is a stick that needs poly to keep it under control, and I prefer sticks that are a bit heavier and can be strung with a multi.

I will miss the insane spin I got with it, but I can get close enough with other sticks.

MWeiss18
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
still have 2 of these VO2 320's for sale both are 5/8 grip and both are in great condition. text me if ur interested. 419-357-2494

robertg06
05-28-2009, 03:48 AM
So I've been offered a contract with Tecnifibre, and I was looking at the difference between the T-Fight 325 and the 320. Has anyone played with both?

tennisnut16
05-29-2009, 05:08 AM
I just use a long swing, western grip and I don't like poly strings. This is a stick that needs poly to keep it under control, and I prefer sticks that are a bit heavier and can be strung with a multi.

I will miss the insane spin I got with it, but I can get close enough with other sticks.

How did you find the control on the stick? I generate most of my own power, so I need more control.

Power Player
05-29-2009, 07:47 AM
How did you find the control on the stick? I generate most of my own power, so I need more control.

I used poly. But I don't like poly so I am selling this stick. So far I prefer the APDC because it has less power and I can use a multi. The V02 is a beast though..amazing if you use poly.

nickynu
05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
TF335 is still available by several Internet shops.

Yes and I am selling 1 (or 2 if you want)of the old 335 16x 20 in the for sale section 9.4 condition easily, grip 4&3/8ths - so they are available still

pfchang
05-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Addict. ;)

Chris, how's that 320 doing for you?

robertg06
05-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Just looked at my post again, I meant to say the difference between 320 and 295*

I think I'm gonna go with 295.

Power Player
06-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Yes and I am selling 1 (or 2 if you want)of the old 335 16x 20 in the for sale section 9.4 condition easily, grip 4&3/8ths - so they are available still

Did you sell it? I have one of the same exact stick available that I am looking to move also.

Sadow
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Is the stick comfortable for the arm? There was mention of a sore arm after playing with it but is it the stick or the poly strings?

Power Player
06-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Is the stick comfortable for the arm? There was mention of a sore arm after playing with it but is it the stick or the poly strings?

Tough call man. I would say full poly over 55# could have been the culprit. The stick has a lot of power, even if you hit with topspin like me. A lot of posters have said this. Try a hybrid or full soft poly with low tension and see if you can control the racquet that way. I ended up with the APDC because I liked the feel of it and it had a little less power. The 320 is an awesome stick for the modern game too though. You will like it if you are a topspin hitter.

Sadow
06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I got the stick :)

Just wondering, does anyone else feel that off center shots are a little unstable? Think that some lead on 3 and 9 would be good?

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I have three of these sticks. Switched from the APDC, looking for something with a small head for control of my 1HBH, yet retain some of the beautiful topspin the APDC helped produce.

Maybe I should write a review

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 11:06 AM

Nick, did you just buy some old 320s(?) off the board? I think my friend sold them to you. Just curious thats all.

zidane339
06-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I have three of these sticks. Switched from the APDC, looking for something with a small head for control of my 1HBH, yet retain some of the beautiful topspin the APDC helped produce.

Maybe I should write a review

Def do so! Would love to read a review from you.

puck1230
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Based on this thread, and other posts on this message board, I decided to demo the 320 VO2. My impressions were different from most of the experiences in this thread:

I'm a 24 year old 4.0 singles player in USTA NYC leagues using POG mids, strung with Gosen Polyon and Head Rip Control 17g, at 54/57 lbs respectively (more often than not, I'll use whatever cross string is available)

The 320 was surprisingly comfortable and had good access to power when needed. Similar to what another poster mentioned, it's not like Pure Drive power where the power is always there, but it's there if you really put the oomph into it. It "tops out" at a higher level than the POG. Maybe because of this extra oomph, I had alot more trouble going for my shots. The power wasn't really consistent---it wasn't linear, maybe more exponential with regard to how hard I swung. I also had some problems coming over the top of high balls. I noticed that I was pronating late. I'll chalk that up to the difference in balance from my POG.

It served well, volleyed well, but I wasn't hitting the corners like I usually do with my POGs. The extra spin was welcome, but the tradeoff was the confidence I usually have in finishing points on short balls.

Granted, I only played with it for 3 hours, and I don't really like the Head-like grip shape, I guess I'm just not a fan, especially after the high expectation that this thread generated.