PDA

View Full Version : custom PRO STAFF 85 paint job

lawlitssoo1n
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok, so i got a beat up ps85 from my coach and im customizing the paint job

i want to re-paint the red/yellow line but i don't know how. can anybody give me some tips to doing so???

Bud
03-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok, so i got a beat up ps85 from my coach and im customizing the paint job

i want to re-paint the red/yellow line but i don't know how. can anybody give me some tips to doing so???

Conduct a search in the main forum. There are many posts on painting frames... with tips, tricks, etc.

Rorsach
03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Doing just the 2 pinstripes is hard work, almost impossible.
The only way to do this is either print these stripes on waterslide decal paper, or you could look into techniques such as screen printing.

See here (link to instructables): http://tinyurl.com/b5u49f

porchdoor
07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I decided to give input. I've been looking into refinishing a guitar, and it seems the methods to do that and to repaint a racquet are almost identical. With that said, I saw a tutorial with a guy using some of that really thin automotive pinstriping tape (I've seen them use it on Pimp My Ride) to create stripes on his guitar. Maybe if you used the pinstriping tape and do layered painting to get your PS pinstripes. The tape is suppose to be super flexible, so you should be able to bend it all around the hoop.

plasma
07-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Rorshak in Amsterdam is a master of this, he is about to attempt to pj an 85 for me. I will ship it to him tomorrow. I am a pro artist and i wouldn't dare attempt a racquet pj, very specialized work...seriously...virtually impossible for the average hobbyist to get a real commercial look
this guy is a netherlands genius though, he can pj a cow and make it look like Sharipova

jimbo333
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Rorsach is indeed the King of Paint Jobs:):)

Bud
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Rorshak in Amsterdam is a master of this, he is about to attempt to pj an 85 for me. I will ship it to him tomorrow. I am a pro artist and i wouldn't dare attempt a racquet pj, very specialized work...seriously...virtually impossible for the average hobbyist to get a real commercial look
this guy is a netherlands genius though, he can pj a cow and make it look like Sharipova

:lol::lol::lol:

plasma
07-15-2009, 06:04 AM
just sent shak rax. He got a slew of 200g's and pk black aces. WIsh the plazcam was working, the difference in the aces was very interesting. He's going to sand down a tattered st.vincent I sent him and make it look like a shiny new red Federer racquet!!!
He uses decals, pro paints, and ancient flemmish dutch master painting techniques to make magic. I should think of something unusual for the graphics...plasma staff???
Put away your arm pain and the Pure Drive. The only pure drive is the st. vincent.