PDA

View Full Version : Wilson question

OldSchooLTennis
03-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Sence the wilson 6.0 85 is probably the best raquet wilson has ever made, thats what i think at least. Well why don't they just Ncode that raquet and make a Ncode 85????

Shane Reynolds
03-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Because about 100 people from this board would buy them and that would be it. Maybe another 100 would buy it and set it aside in a few months because they were getting killed by PD's, NSix-One 95's, and Radicals. It's more fun to lament the 6.0 85 than it is to actually play with it now. I never saw what the fuss was about; the POG, while not for me, seemed to be much better in both headsizes.

OldSchooLTennis
03-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey i think alot of people would buy a ncode 85 if they came out with it. I think fed would switch from his 90 because that things a peice of junk. I've tried all those raquets you metioned there and the 85 is a much better raquet then all of them i think.

Morpheus
03-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey i think alot of people would buy a ncode 85 if they came out with it. I think fed would switch from his 90 because that things a peice of junk. I've tried all those raquets you metioned there and the 85 is a much better raquet then all of them i think.

You don't have the luxury of seeing their volumetric research. There is a reason they are not offering this set up and it comes down to potential sales.

OldSchooLTennis
03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
well morpheus i think they have a heck of alot of potential sales because if they made that raquet better the the prostaff 85 then alot of pro's would play with it and so would alot of players.

BreakPoint
03-05-2005, 11:03 PM

Instead of the nCode 85 why doesn't Wilson just make the PS 6.0 90 that Federer uses available to the general public? That's right. Federer does not really use a nCode 90. It's just a paintjob of a PS 6.0 90.

OldSchooLTennis
03-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Thats so awsome! Yeah i think that they should take the exact specs of pro raquets and make them availble to buy or something. Even though i wouldnt want a 14+ oz. raquet.

Morpheus
03-06-2005, 07:29 PM
well morpheus i think they have a heck of alot of potential sales because if they made that raquet better the the prostaff 85 then alot of pro's would play with it and so would alot of players.

Hey Old School, it doesn't matter what you think. These companies do high level research to estimate demand. They aren't going to spend big bucks to launch a racket if the market is not there. So maybe they haven't thought of your idea, but probably they have, and since they aren't launching, you can bet the numbers don't support the investment.

OldSchooLTennis
03-06-2005, 08:26 PM
You have to admitt though morpheus that would be a sick raquet. ;)