PDA

View Full Version : For the People who have tried the RDiS 100 Mid.

In)SpiRe
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
How is it for serve and volley? Or just serves or just volleys in particular? Also, how about the touch/feel?

I've tried a search and have found some info, but it would be nice to get some current updates. Thanks!

tennis_balla
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
I wrote a review on here....
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=248893

In)SpiRe
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I wrote a review on here....
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=248893

Yea, I read through your review, it helped a lot. Have you tried S&V with it? Your volleys review didn't have much info either, how has it been so far?

tennis_balla
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Half volleys, touch, overheads its all there just like a good players racket should be at the net. Its too light for me without lead tape but thats just personal preference. I like mine a lot heavier for the way I play. Its not unstable at all I just like more weight thats all. Demo it, try it out its a great racket I think.

In)SpiRe
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Half volleys, touch, overheads its all there just like a good players racket should be at the net. Its too light for me without lead tape but thats just personal preference. I like mine a lot heavier for the way I play. Its not unstable at all I just like more weight thats all. Demo it, try it out its a great racket I think.

Well, from what you say, it is exactly what I'm looking for. Will be buying blind. Thanks!

tennis_balla
03-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Don't buy blindly, is there a way to demo it somehow for you?

In)SpiRe
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Don't buy blindly, is there a way to demo it somehow for you?

I could, but it is too burdensome. It doesn't give me a real opinion on the racquet and I usually hate the strings on the racquet. The specs are right on what I'm looking for though.

tennis_balla
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Whats more burdensome is buying a $200 racket and then not liking it. Specs are great, but thats just on paper.

In)SpiRe
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Whats more burdensome is buying a $200 racket and then not liking it. Specs are great, but thats just on paper.

Good point, we'll see what happens though. I'm usually good at messing with my racquet if I don't like it, and I adapt pretty well.

Jagman
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll second the recommendation to demo first. As a RDS001 Mid user, I went ahead and got the RDiS 100 Mid on spec alone. Handling the RDiS for the first time, I perceived it to be lighter, both in terms of static weight and swingweight. Since I prefer the feeling of a heftier frame, I was initially put off by the RDiS. I tried different strings and added weight in a misguided effort to make the RDiS play and handle more like the RDS, rather than focus on those attributes that make the RDiS unique. If you're relying primarily on the specs and your experience with similar frames to make a decision, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Despite my first impression, I've stuck with the RDiS and am trying to transition more fully to the frame. It has more pop on serve than most Yonexes that I am familiar with, ample access to spin on serve and groundstrokes, is highly maneuverable, and sticks volleys with authority. I still think the ball contact is somewhat muted, although others have reported it to be crisp. Overall feel is excellent; I've compared it to the PS85 in this regard in my review. In stock form, I have found the RDiS to produce a fast ball, although not necessarily a heavy ball.

I currently play the racquet stock and would not hesitate to serve and volley with it. My style as a junior was predominantly S&V, but I tend to do less of it in my early 50's. I think the RDiS is a good stick, although --- perhaps needless to say --- not for everyone. Try before you buy, if you can. The RDiS took some getting used to for me, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Hope that helps.

tennis_balla
03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I agree Jagman like I stated in my review it doesn't feel as crisp as the RDS 001 Mid but still a nice feel. Serves also had more pop and more spin all around like you said and volleys stuck more I agree. I'm not sure on the racket feeling lighter or having a lighter swingweight as I added the exact same amount of lead tape on the RDiS as I had on my RDS 001's and the RDiS felt a tad heavier in both static and swingweights.