PDA

View Full Version : (NEW) Dunlop Aerogel 300 vs. Volkl DNX 10 MP

beckham
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I am thinking of getting the (New) Dunlop Aerogel 300 racquet, and am currently using the Volkl DNX 10 MP, can anyone compare the two, or give me some feedback if you have used the (New) Dunlop Aerogel 300 racquet-thanks

beckham
03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
If I did get it I was thinking of stringing it with:

Mains: Luxilon Big Banger 16 Orig. @ 57

Crosses: Head RIP Control or Tecnifibre X-One Biphase @ 58-59

What do you guys/gals think about that. I am currently using a full set of Luxilon Big Banger Orig. and like it, but want to put something softer in the crosses to soften it up a bit. Something with durability, and the Luxilon might eat through the X-One. If you could add imput to this that would be great-thanks.

Rabbit
03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
They really are two different rackets. The Dunlop is lighter, more powerful, and has a 16X19 string pattern while the Volkl DNX 10 MP is heavier, lower powered, and has a denser string pattern.

The Dunlop is a nice frame, but you may have a little adjustment to the weight loss. This is not to say that you can't adjust, but it may take some getting used to. A solid 5.0 I regularly play with uses the 300 and loves it.

With regard to you string choice, it's all personal preference. I think I might go with a good multi or gut in the 300, but that's just me.

beckham
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks Rabbit, but i was talking about the new one, which is 16x18 and 11.5 ounces, which is quite similar. I will get lead tape just in case.

beckham
03-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Anyone, quickly please, i may order the racquet tonight, if there is anything i should know, please share.