PDA

View Full Version : When is the new Head line of racquets...

Azzurri
03-16-2009, 06:03 AM
coming out? I am mulling a change of racquets from the MG Prestige MP to the MG MP Prestige Pro. I am thinking of going back to a more open pattern. Playing with the K88 and the PS 95 lately has shown me I am a better player with an open string pattern. So I am wondering if Head will have a new line of racquets coming out NEXT year (2010). Does anyone have any information? I am also wondering if they will continue with the Pro line with the 16X19 string pattern. Thanks for any information.

Kal-El 34
03-16-2009, 06:08 AM
let me know if you switch and you like it. i enjoyed the pro at first more than the MP. However I felt the Pro lacked a bit of pop that I was looking for that the MP had.

The K88 with some lead at 10 and 2 to help plow on the serve is straight up nasty

bigfirstserve
03-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Head is hopefully releasing their new line in late summer to early fall. It will be designed off of Djokovics frame which has a open pattern. They should be coming in 3 styles, a mid, mid plus, and oversize, or a mid, mid plus, and a pro model like the prestige line.

Azzurri
03-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Head is hopefully releasing their new line in late summer to early fall. It will be designed off of Djokovics frame which has a open pattern. They should be coming in 3 styles, a mid, mid plus, and oversize, or a mid, mid plus, and a pro model like the prestige line.

I did not think of that. I may wait though and see what the new line of Prestige offers. I am wondering if anyone knows anyhting about the release of the new Prestige line.

Azzurri
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
let me know if you switch and you like it. i enjoyed the pro at first more than the MP. However I felt the Pro lacked a bit of pop that I was looking for that the MP had.

The K88 with some lead at 10 and 2 to help plow on the serve is straight up nasty

I am in the process of requesting trade offers for the Pro (in the classified section). I basically came to the conclusion the MP is a bit too light. I have been playing the PS 95 and it weighs in at 352 grams (12.42 ounces) and it has the open string pattern. I noticed the Pro is very similiar in specs (SW and static weight) and has the open pattern. So I want to try it. I have to get rid of my MP because I want to invest my time to the Pro and not switch back and forth. I have enjoyed my time with the MP, but after playing the PS 95 and KPS88 with the open string patterns, I seem to get better control. The balls seem to land closer to the baseline even though I am swinging a bit harder.

bigfirstserve
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I did not think of that. I may wait though and see what the new line of Prestige offers. I am wondering if anyone knows anyhting about the release of the new Prestige line.

It's not a new prestige line. It's Djokovic's line. It will be like the prestige in having different head sizes and styles. Rumor has it, that it will be the Speed line? Or pro speed.

NoNameZ
03-18-2009, 10:15 PM
well i hope they get released soon. maybe during pacific?

botticelli
03-19-2009, 01:22 AM
The new line of racquets from Head are called the Speed Series and it will come out in May with different sizes....etc

It is Novaks racquet. The territory Head rep told me about it.

jelle v
03-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Any specs known yet? (such as weight and swingweight for instance)

origmarm
03-19-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm really interested in the specs on this one, something like a Radical or Prestige MP with an open pattern I feel could be a big winner for Head. The Pro is great but it's not quite there.

Azzurri
03-19-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm really interested in the specs on this one, something like a Radical or Prestige MP with an open pattern I feel could be a big winner for Head. The Pro is great but it's not quite there.

is that not what the Pro is supposed to be?

Azzurri
03-19-2009, 04:18 AM
The new line of racquets from Head are called the Speed Series and it will come out in May with different sizes....etc

It is Novaks racquet. The territory Head rep told me about it.

any news on the Prestige line for next year?

origmarm
03-19-2009, 07:11 AM
is that not what the Pro is supposed to be?

I never felt it was quite that for some reason. The Radical pro for example felt like more to me than just a string pattern change. The balance and the way it swung felt different, that and the feel on impact. I freely admit it could all be in my head though :)

JediMindTrick
03-19-2009, 07:44 AM
I never felt it was quite that for some reason. The Radical pro for example felt like more to me than just a string pattern change. The balance and the way it swung felt different, that and the feel on impact. I freely admit it could all be in my head though :)

There is a Prestige Pro 16x19 as well.

Automatix
03-19-2009, 08:00 AM
There is a Prestige Pro 16x19 as well.

Origmarm means that in the case of the Radical Pro it was more than a pattern change.

origmarm
03-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Origmarm means that in the case of the Radical Pro it was more than a pattern change.

Correct.

For me it was more than just a pattern change. It felt different

Bud
03-19-2009, 08:04 AM
The Speed Pro's I've seen share the current Radical Pro's head shape/size.

vsbabolat
03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
The Speed Pro's I've seen share the current Radical Pro's head shape/size.

Me too. While Djokovic looks like he uses the MG Radical MP 98 MOLD from the head shape.

Automatix
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Me too. While Djokovic looks like he uses the MG Radical MP from the head shape.

To tell the truth I don't care what Djokovic is using... the Speed line is really interesting and I think the Pro is a must demo.

bertrevert
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
With the new Rad Pro
http://www.tennismall.com.cn/uploades/2009224183509.jpg
http://www.tennismall.com.cn/uploades/2009225175526.jpg
http://www.tennismall.com.cn/uploades/2009224183618.jpg

Is the 315g/11.1oz unstrung weight just the same as the existing MG Rad Pro - TW lists the strung weight. thanks