PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Yonex RDis 100 mid from lighter racquet...opinions?

thatguy
03-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a 5.0 player who grew up using the Dunlop 200g (black & silver), but used the Head Ti Radical all during college because I was having some elbow and shoulder issues and the Head was much easier to swing. I've recently gone back to the Dunlop M-Fil 200 (16x19, little lighter) with no problems with weight or my elbow or shoulder. I recently order a Yonex RDis 100 mid because I just love the little weightier feel and the heavier racquets really help my serve a lot. I tried Using the K95 for about a month and the elbow issues came back while using that racquet and were gone as soon as I stopped. I'm concerned this may happen with the Yonex as the weight is comparable, although the swingweight of the 2 are vastly different. Has anyone hit with the Yonex RDis mid and got a good feel for the swingweight or if it tires your arm out and produces a lot of vibration? Also, any other opionions are very welcome. Thanks.

thatguy
03-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Anyone have any thoughts?

grass_hopper
03-16-2009, 09:39 AM
I play with RDIS300 but after testing RDIS 100 mid I can see how tempting it is to switch, have not played 3 sets with it to see If my arm can keep up with 100, but during 1 hour of play if felt much better than all racquets at 12.0 oz range.

thatguy
03-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I play with RDIS300 but after testing RDIS 100 mid I can see how tempting it is to switch, have not played 3 sets with it to see If my arm can keep up with 100, but during 1 hour of play if felt much better than all racquets at 12.0 oz range.

Thanks a lot for the response...that's what I was hoping to hear. I was very concerned that my arm would get tired in a long match seeing as this racquet is about a half oz heavier than my leaded M-fil 200. I imiagine it won't feel much heavier though because I have all of the lead in the hoop of my Dunloo making it feel much more head heavy and increasing the swingweight.

Did you find it to have any more pop than previous Yonex racquets or similar spec'd players frames?

Mr Ten
03-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I used to play with Yonex RQis 1 Tour Light (11oz / 312g) and recently switched to a heavier stick, the RDis 100 MP (11.7oz / 332g). The added weight didn't bother me at all, on the contrary the switch was all for the better. My strokes feel much more "solid" now... Sure the stick is stiffer and has less flex than my previous racquet, but it suited my game perfectly. However i never had any kind of Tennis elbow problems so i may not be the best guy to ask about that... Just use a good vibration dampener, it really makes a huge difference. But use one of the long rubber dampener that Prince make. It does mute the feel a bit, but with this kind of racquet you still have plenty of sensations and your arm is safer.

thatguy
03-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Well I hit with the midpluss for a couple hours the other night and really like it, but decided to go with the Mid without getting to demo it. I felt like the Mid would prvide a little more stick on the serve and my slice backhands and volleys.

Has anyone hit with both? I'm curious if there was a substantial perceived weight difference in the way they played. I know the swingweights are very close, but the Mid's static weight is almost half an ounce heavier. I'd be curious to know if it felt much heavier than the midplus. Thanks.

grass_hopper
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks a lot for the response...that's what I was hoping to hear. I was very concerned that my arm would get tired in a long match seeing as this racquet is about a half oz heavier than my leaded M-fil 200. I imiagine it won't feel much heavier though because I have all of the lead in the hoop of my Dunloo making it feel much more head heavy and increasing the swingweight.

Did you find it to have any more pop than previous Yonex racquets or similar spec'd players frames?

For me 100 mid had more power than wilson, prince, volkel, dunlop at 12.0 oz range. most of the racquets from them have higher swing weight or lower stiffness. both do effect the power.

thatguy
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
For me 100 mid had more power than wilson, prince, volkel, dunlop at 12.0 oz range. most of the racquets from them have higher swing weight or lower stiffness. both do effect the power.

It certainly seems like this racquet has a good combo of power and weight, without the weight being as noticeable as other 12oz frams. I'vr always like smaller head frames, but the weight and power levels were typically enough for me to pass. Let's hope this is the one.