PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop MFil 200 - Which one is next?

TennisND
03-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Hello Guys,
I have been around this forum for a while and I am really appreaciated the community help here. I hope I can get help again.
Currently I am playing with my MFill 200 Mid size. I love the heaviness, well control of the racquet. However, it seems the racquet has very little forgiveness if you do not hit the sweet spot. Even though I still love it, I am looking for another option.
Can you recommend a new racquet with the similar spec? I tried Head L4 and KTour but those are not heavy enough, which is the feeling I get used to already.

Thanks,

bigfirstserve
03-16-2009, 06:40 AM
You could try the K Pro Tour or the Aerogel 200. Both have similar qulaties to the MFil 200

1hbhBUX
03-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Try the Boris Becker 11 MP. More forgiving than your MF200, but similar string pattern, weight, swingweight and flex.

TennisND
03-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Anyway, the problem I found with my MFill is it is hard to play it at net. I can bounce back most of the shot with my Head L4 but not this MFill. Is this my own problem or someone else also have it?

LeeD
03-16-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm a skinny old fart using Mfil 200 18x20's.
Believe me, if you can't volley with that, you can't volley at all with anything. Volleying is early shoulder turn, quick punch stroke, NOT the racket, but maybe the strings.
Only slight weakpoint might be pure first serve speed, but easy within 5 mph of anything on the market.
But if you need something BIGGER, it will just twist in your hand from mishits, causing wear and tear on the arm or body. And bigger heads are hard to volley, when you get that low hard ball off your shoelaces, it's really hard to get rid of some rebound speed.
Most bigger rackets are lighter, so that's a tough call. Lighter and more head heavy balance, but it's your call.

LeeD
03-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Oh sorry...
The new model Original PrinceGraphite OS.

TennisND
03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you for your advice, LeeD. I don't think I will go for a lighter racquet for now since I have a better control with heavy racquet. I am waiting for a few more suggestion then I will demo around 4-5 racquets to test. I tried the old Prince Graphite but it seems not well-maneuver as well as the the MFil. Most of the 4.0 players in my team play either K Tour or Prince Graphic.