PDA

View Full Version : Some racket help please?

theFEDbomb
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I was browsing another website looking for some deals when I came across the Prince Turbo Shark. The online reviews looked good, but I'd like some other opinions here.

My playing style: I'm a 3.5 all-courter, flat forehand, 1 handed backhand. First serve has power but I need a bit more control, while my 2nd serve is slow but reliable. My volleys are pretty good. I play both singles and doubles. I can generate my own power.

Does this stick look good for me?

-tFb

antgun007
03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
if you are looing for control, dont bother with this one. i want to say this is more of a power racket than control. keep looking. whats your spending limit??

bladepdb
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Head's Liquidmetal Radical & Instinct are far better choices for your level and style of play. I'd personally go with the Instinct if I were you, but I can't speak much on the Radical front cuz I have only hit with it for like 10 minutes.

Head's other lines of racquets are generally overpriced (namely the MicroGEL ones). The Flexpoint, never liked em...didn't play much with em...Liquidmetal has nothing wrong with it :)

Wilson's line is just too overpriced IMO without offering that much. That said I do play at only the 4.0 level with a K6.1 Tour but that's cuz I just can't find any other racquet with as good a feel.

Babolat's Pure Drive or Pure Storm are almost always good picks for any mid-level player (I'd favor the Pure Storm for you). However, these are up there in terms of price. The Liquidmetal Racquets by comparison are over $100 cheaper and in this economy, I would rather buy a good racquet to last you a couple more years and move up later than commit to an expensive one that you might not like later on.

If you can, I'd try to do demo racquets at a local store first before making a purchase. Maybe even the TennisWarehouse demo program (though my local store has a much much better demo program).

Not too familiar with Prince not having played with them that much and not being a fan of the muted feel of the O3/Ozone racquets.

Hope this helps.