PDA

View Full Version : Crack at the throat of Head Liquidmetal Prestige?

fetennis
03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I found there were some very small hair size cracks at the corner of my LM prestige's thoat. It is a fairly new stick, only about 1 month. Since Head uses so called twin tube for LM prestige, I am wondering whether the hair size crack is structural damage. I did not feel different when I hit. The cracks seem not deep. I think the inner graphite part might be good, the crack is only on the Intellifibers part. Anyone met this before? Thanks.

Gaines Hillix
03-05-2005, 04:26 PM
These could be cosmetic, in other words just in the paint. Hold the racquet at the top of the handle and bang it against the palm of your other hand. If you don't feel any vibration or hear a buzzing sound it's o.k.

fetennis
03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi, Gaines, thanks for the advice. I tried and did not feel any vibration. Hope it is fine. Perhaps the paint at the corner is not good.

D. Nelson
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I had the same 'problem' with a LM Radical...crack at the bottom of the "V" spreading sideways ......and it DID get worse...until I put some REAL 'aircraft adhesive' on it .......called Max 1 Instant Glue...that stuff is great...and it does what "Super Glue" is SUPPOSED TO DO !!!! Maybe that will help you too :)