PDA

View Full Version : Input Please...Looking to Purchase

illini40
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I came across this great while surfing around. A lot of great info. I did some searching, but struggled to come up with some answers.

I played a little tennis many years ago as a young kid. Nothing serious. Just occasionally. Well, I'm in my twenties and looking to get back into tennis. I'm not really for sure what racquets I need to be looking for. I have not played forever. I'm relatively athletic. I am interested in Head and Wilson. Someone recommend that I stick with 95-105 head size. A lot of the racquets I've looked at are a little larger than 105. I would prefer 27" or just a little longer. I would consider my stroke medium to long. I'm a little confused on the power and control for my game. I would think I want more control, but I don't want to sacrifice forgiveness. I would like to stay around $50. So what do you recommend?

I'm sorry for the beaten horse, but I figured I could find some help here! Thanks!

furyoku_tennis
03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Liquidmetal Radical MP or OS. They're cheap and good for the beginner plus its a Head racquet.

illini40
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. Are those typically sold prestrung? I want a racquet that is prestrung.

Anyone have any info on the Head Ti series? They seem to be very affordable, but I don't want to buy a complete wasted racquet.

EasleyTennis
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Head Liquidmetal 4 is a solid racquet, it's a little bit more than 50 bucs though (around $70). It has a 102 head size and is sold prestrung.

bobblaine
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Ti series is long gone...
Get what furyoku said... very good racquet.

NoNameZ
03-16-2009, 06:54 PM
yea, go with the radical, still in production, and a great way to restart your tennis career.

The_Question
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Try Prince TT Scream...

Il Mostro
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Ti series is long gone...
Get what furyoku said... very good racquet.

Still available from numerous suppliers.

furyoku_tennis
03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. Are those typically sold prestrung? I want a racquet that is prestrung.

Anyone have any info on the Head Ti series? They seem to be very affordable, but I don't want to buy a complete wasted racquet.

Typically they're sold prestrung, but some places don't have them strung. The Ti series is no longer in production, so it might be more difficult to find more of the same racquet later on.

illini40
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
The Liquidmetal Radical OS says that it is recommended for 4.5+ players...That isn't me. Should I be concerned about that?

pshulam
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
The Liquidmetal Radical OS says that it is recommended for 4.5+ players...That isn't me. Should I be concerned about that?
I would not. It's only a suggestion. Demo it if you can.

furyoku_tennis
03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
they're suggestions. you can hit with anything you're comfortable with. you should buy a racket that's slightly above your level anyway, that way you can grow into it.

illini40
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to keep looking around. Hopefully I can find a store near me to check out some racquets sometime soon.