PDA

View Full Version : Head MicroGel Extreme or Wilson K six one tour

Marco0208
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,

I currently own a K six one tour racket. However, i find it doesnt really suits my style of play since i suck on volley. I am kinda a full time baseliner. I wanna to ask you guys wat are the alternative choices for it?

is the Head MicroGel Extreme a gd racket?

cheers

klementine79
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
If you're a baseliner, strictly, I would look into the MG radical pro or the prestige pro. If it is the old Extreme (non-teflon) go for it, I particularly don't like the teflon, even though it was a 15min. hit, the feel was too mute for my tastes.

Question--Why can't you play from the baseline with the k90? A mid to lower string tension and some 17gauge strings would be an ideal set-up for the k90 from the baseline.

miniRafa386
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
its not the racket for you. the 6.1 tour and the extreme are TOTALLY different rackets. the extreme is like the pure drive. i would try the head prestige 98 or the prestige pro

NoNameZ
03-16-2009, 05:56 PM
yea, you could try the K6.1 95. its a little easier to hit from the baseline with it if you can handle the stiffness. if not, just take the stringing recommendations above

kkm
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
The Head Extreme may feel quite different to you. I don't care for rackets with wider beams, and going from the K90 to the Extreme, the Extreme has a noticeably wider beam. The reason I think it relevant is that I, for one, appreciate a thinner beam esp. when volleying/slicing.
I think you may like the Prince Graphite Classic Mid (93). It's spin-friendly with its 14 x 18 pattern (great with Babolat VS 17), solid from the baseline. I feel that its head is a bit less elongated/narrow than that of the K90, and the K90 has the PWS jutting in to boot. You won't have to worry about "twisting" with the POG, not that you would have to worry about that with either the K90 or the Extreme.

Marco0208
03-17-2009, 05:18 AM
The problem i am having with K61 is that becoz most of the weight is transferred to the handle, my wrist feels slighty heavy and not able to hit the forehand too well!

betovanbuuren
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
I'd recomend the K95 or the Head Radical, I've one MG extreme and it's a great raquet too, but not as stable from the baseline like the others

wao
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd recomend the K95 or the Head Radical, I've one MG extreme and it's a great raquet too, but not as stable from the baseline like the others
I found the Extreme Pro and Rad Tour more stable from the baseline.

Marco0208
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
If you're a baseliner, strictly, I would look into the MG radical pro or the prestige pro. If it is the old Extreme (non-teflon) go for it, I particularly don't like the teflon, even though it was a 15min. hit, the feel was too mute for my tastes.

Question--Why can't you play from the baseline with the k90? A mid to lower string tension and some 17gauge strings would be an ideal set-up for the k90 from the baseline.

My K90 tension is 58 as i prefer more control on my racket. However, the power is not too great especially when one handed backhand is not working. slicings and dropshots are masterclass for me.

I can hit shots well from baseline to baseline. However, i wish to kill the game quickly, therefore, i need more powerful rackets.

cheers