PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Racquet Warped!

ATPVantage
03-16-2009, 06:39 PM
When I received my racquet from Vantage, it seemed like it was slightly bent to one side! I thought it was all in my head at first. But, I measured it after playing with it, and sure enough, it was in fact slightly leaning one way more than the other! It was only about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch difference, but it felt incredibly uncomfortable! What should I do? I tried calling and e-mailing Vantage, but nobody ever answers! Has any other Vantage user experienced this problem?

Racketdesign
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Just to make it clear, Carbon racquets can't warp. Once molded they are set for life. The same tooling is used for each frame so if one were bent they would all be. Not exactly sure how you are measuring the racquet to obtain your results.

Neither UK or US office has recieved a call or message from you so you might want to check the number you have been dialing.. or you could wait for a reply to the 1st email you sent at 5.23pm today.

mawashi
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
When I received my racquet from Vantage, it seemed like it was slightly bent to one side! I thought it was all in my head at first. But, I measured it after playing with it, and sure enough, it was in fact slightly leaning one way more than the other! It was only about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch difference, but it felt incredibly uncomfortable! What should I do? I tried calling and e-mailing Vantage, but nobody ever answers! Has any other Vantage user experienced this problem?

I have never heard of anything like that n post pics n measurements before you say something like that.

mawashi

SFrazeur
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Delete..

-SF

ATPVantage
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the fast replies! Could it possibly be the palate that is making it seem crooked? Maybe it was installed wrong? If not, I'm just to picky.

Only one e-mail... hmm I guess I forgot to hit the send button last week... I'm just very anxious. Thank you for your support again though!

Racketdesign
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Im still not certain what you mean by crooked.

For any racquet if you wanted to check the "strighness" of it you would need to remove the grip and butcap. Clamp the handle to a worktop and measure the distance from the worktop to the center of the bumpergaurd. Then flip it over and measure again. The two measurements will be the same. If you measure with the butcap and grip in place, you have potential for all sorts of strange errors creaping in due to overlap of the grip on the butcap etc.

Some raquets where the handle is moulded directly onto the frame suffer from the central core of the frame being out of line with the centre of the handle, but any racquet that uses pallets is free from this potential problem, providing the pallets are settled down well on both sides.

mawashi
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Thank you for the fast replies! Could it possibly be the palate that is making it seem crooked? Maybe it was installed wrong? If not, I'm just to picky.

Only one e-mail... hmm I guess I forgot to hit the send button last week... I'm just very anxious. Thank you for your support again though!

You don't seem sure of yourself, why not post some pics n measurements as one moment it's the warped frame then the next it's the pallets....

Show what you think is wrong.

mawashi

ATPVantage
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks again for all your help! But now I am going to wait for a reply from the e-mail I sent. Hope to talk to you soon!

PS - when I did play with the racquet... it felt amazing, best racquet I have ever played with!

NoNameZ
03-16-2009, 08:26 PM
what were your specs? and Vantage makes quality stuff, so i'm sure the racket is fine. just in case, post pics

Deuce
03-16-2009, 08:38 PM
It was only about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch difference, but it felt incredibly uncomfortable!

PS - when I did play with the racquet... it felt amazing, best racquet I have ever played with!
If you want people to take you seriously, you should get your story straight before you post anything publicly.

Seems that it might be something as simple as a crooked butt cap.

dabudabuda
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
The Vantage90 I used to have was tapered somewhere around 21-22mm to 19-19.5mm(from just above the grip to 12o'clock). Maybe that's what your measuring/seeing. It looked evenly tapered to me. I had noted the measurements somewhere in a previous post.

Il Mostro
03-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Only one e-mail... hmm I guess I forgot to hit the send button last week... I'm just very anxious.

You cannot be serious...

origmarm
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
The Vantage90 I used to have was tapered somewhere around 21-22mm to 19-19.5mm(from just above the grip to 12o'clock). Maybe that's what your measuring/seeing. It looked evenly tapered to me. I had noted the measurements somewhere in a previous post.

I agree with the above, if you look down the racquet visually it can look a little "curved" due to the taper. If you turn it over it looks the same though on the other side.

I believe this is probably what you are seeing.